Romanian entrant will be WRS

Alvan & Ahez for France

Konstrakta get the ticket to Turin for Serbia

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Oooh not bad! Letā€™s just hope he can sing those notes live or it could be very painful :D
Havenā€™t listened to the song myself, but the fan reaction has been quite positive for a UK entry.

Would be nice for the UK to do well, if only to the end the whole ā€œEurope hates usā€ :drama: narrative. ;)

airgelaal

Alina Pash for Ukraine šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦

It's not that simple in Ukraine :D
New entry - Kalush Orchestra

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Now that all the songs have been released and Worlds is over I was able to start listening to the songs this week.

First impressions are that I really like:

Sweden
Spain
The Netherlands
France
Norway :rofl:
Italy
Ukraine
Armenia (which is the most un-Armenian song they have ever sent :shuffle: )

Anyone else have faves yet?

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
2020 Eurovision entrant for Italy Diodato will finally get to sing on a Eurovision stage

MsZem

I see the sea
2020 Eurovision entrant for Italy Diodato will finally get to sing on a Eurovision stage

It'll be great to have him be a part - who knows how well he might have done if that year's Eurovision had taken place...
and the Arena di Verona performance of Fai Rumore was spectacular.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
It'll be great to have him be a part - who knows how well he might have done if that year's Eurovision had taken place...
and the Arena di Verona performance of Fai Rumore was spectacular.
No doubt he would have been up there (with Iceland and Russia as well) as one of the contenders to win the whole thing.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So I have been watching this weekly Eurovision show here the last few Saturdays and in the list of songs tonight is Sweden. I know all the polls and rave reviews this song gets, and the whole panel tonight gave her full points. But I just don't get it. I don't get it.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
So I have been watching this weekly Eurovision show here the last few Saturdays and in the list of songs tonight is Sweden. I know all the polls and rave reviews this song gets, and the whole panel tonight gave her full points. But I just don't get it. I don't get it.
I normally think Sweden usually gets a bit overrated every year because itā€™s Sweden, but this year I actually think it deserves to be rated highly. And it kills me to say it because that means Sweden might equal Irelandā€™s number of Eurovision wins. ;)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I normally think Sweden usually gets a bit overrated every year because itā€™s Sweden, but this year I actually think it deserves to be rated highly. And it kills me to say it because that means Sweden might equal Irelandā€™s number of Eurovision wins. ;)
Time to dust off Johnny Logan ;)

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Just starting to catch up ready for the semi finals and finals. So far from the videos I like Romania, UK, Armenia, Norway, Austria, Ukraine,

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Shame itā€™s not a week later since my conference wonā€™t give any time to watch (thereā€™s an organized dinner that will run through the Final Saturday). Oh well. Will have to watch Peacock on demand when I return now!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Eurovision is my guilty pleasure :shuffle:
Since I worked at all competitions in Kyiv, I have many acquaintances and friends from this crazy world :rockstar:
I've only heard a Ukrainian song, but I hope to enjoy the rest as well.
The Ukrainian selection always tends to be a bit more crazy than others. This year though I think you ended up with the right song even if it wasnā€™t the one originally chosen.

airgelaal

The Ukrainian selection always tends to be a bit more crazy than others. This year though I think you ended up with the right song even if it wasnā€™t the one originally chosen.
Oh yeah. For Ukrainians, any election is like a special kind of national sport :D

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Iā€™ve just watched the semi final 1 playlist and Iā€™m quite :eek: that there were no songs I couldnā€™t stand for once. There were lots that sounded boring at first that really grew on me. Lots of catchy ones. Iā€™ll have Moldova in my head for weeks!

Iā€™ll be very cross now if itā€™s really unbalanced and the second playlist is really boring.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Well there are a few songs I didnā€™t think much of in semi 2 and the big 5, but some nice surprises too!

Excited for it to start now! :cheer:

nickp

If Ukraine win Eurovision who will have to host it next year?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information