2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championships moved to Las Vegas; no audience

once_upon

Better off than 2020
They've talked about the disruptions to their training this season. Obviously, training comp programs takes priority over exhibition programs. Given the limited time they had to prepare for comps, they likely had even less time to practice
Oh I agree - I said that up thread. I was just responding to the poster who said it was excellent

love skating

Clueless American
Going from pics online I've seen on Getty Images skaters not shown during the TV airing of the exhibitions were: Bell, Shin, Paniot, Ma, Hiwatashi, Lu & Mitrofanov, Green & Parsons

That's why it always irks me when they repeat the champion freeskates - I'd rather see some new skating!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Going from pics online I've seen on Getty Images skaters not shown during the TV airing of the exhibitions were: Bell, Shin, Paniot, Ma, Hiwatashi, Lu & Mitrofanov, Green & Parsons

That's why it always irks me when they repeat the champion freeskates - I'd rather see some new skating!
There were only cardboard cut-outs in the audience, beside NBC crew and other skaters, presumably. This entire extravaganza was only for TV audiences...and STILL NBC managed to hoodwink the US audience...and skaters who were chacked? I’d love to know if some skaters were never telecast to either the US or Japan. Hopefully they got paid for their efforts.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Especially this year, since there was no audience. So if you're not going to air it, then who did they skate for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information