2021 U.S. Figure Skating Championships moved to Las Vegas; no audience

euterpe

I can start a general info thread for 2021 U.S. Nationals in the Kiss & Cry section but most of the links already are posted in this thread. ETA (I misread your question earlier): No subforums have been created in the Kiss & Cry for individual Nationals this year (such as Russia).

There is subfolder for Canadian Challenge, which overlaps with US Nationals. There was also a subfolder for Japanese Nationals.

It would help to if some of the links were copied over to KnC. For example, the practice groups is no longer available. Maybe it will be available later, as well as a link to the results.

Sylvia

TBD
The official entries list has been updated to reflect the recent withdrawals: https://www.usfigureskating.org/sit... Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships.pdf

The 3 Senior pairs that train in Monument, CO -- Deardorff/Johnson, McIsaac/Sadusky and Burden/Rounis -- have withdrawn as well. :( I've heard unofficially that someone who trains in that rink may have tested positive but that none of the Nationals competitors have tested positive (same situation as Carreira/Ponomarenko's, unfortunately).

skatfan

The official entries list has been updated to reflect the recent withdrawals: https://www.usfigureskating.org/sites/default/files/media-files/Entries to the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships.pdf

The 3 Senior pairs that train in Monument, CO -- Deardorff/Johnson, McIsaac/Sadusky and Burden/Rounis -- have withdrawn as well. :( I've heard unofficially that someone who trains in that rink may have tested positive but that none of the Nationals competitors have tested positive (same situation as Carreira/Ponomarenko's, unfortunately).
Sad but it shows what taking precautions looks like.

Sylvia

TBD

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The official entries list has been updated to reflect the recent withdrawals: https://www.usfigureskating.org/sites/default/files/media-files/Entries to the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships.pdf

The three pairs are coach Dalilah Sappenfield’s skaters, right?

gr8sk8101

As usual Sylvia your unofficial news is correct as noted in Dalilah's social media posts.

Natanielle825

The official entries list has been updated to reflect the recent withdrawals: https://www.usfigureskating.org/sit... Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships.pdf

You think that's the real reason they're not going? Seems likely they wouldn't have been allowed to show up regardless.

Carolla5501

I thought USFS was "thowing Daliah under the bus" and asking skaters to "move on"? (Personally I think they should do that). I guess I was wrong if she still has that many pairs.

VGThuy

I think the USFS wants to be careful about interfering too much. The best they can do is either ban her if the investigations call for it or give everyone all the info they have on her. If they still choose to train with her, it’s on them. It gets messy with so many minors involved, but the buck then gets passed to the parents.

Frau Muller

I think the USFS wants to be careful about interfering too much. The best they can do is either ban her if the investigations call for it or give everyone all the info they have on her. If they still choose to train with her, it’s on them. It gets messy with so many minors involved, but the buck then gets passed to the parents.
Dalilah might still show up in Vegas, if she coaches junior pairs. Does she?

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Why would anyone yearn to see Miss Sappenfield at Nationals this year?

Certainly not to see her makeup,which one must assume is artfully applied with a trowel. Or the tiny tragic pleather knapsack of hers,which is as synonymous with Miss Sappenfield as her top skaters barely manage to scrape the top 10 at the World Championships.

-BB

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Yup, Dalilah coaches jr prs Team Conrad/Ogren, who aren’t listed among the withdrawals. Natalia Mishkutienok also a coach of that Jrs Pr.
In her IG post, she says 'we had direct exposure to someone with CV' which, based on that particular wording, leads me to believe she's not showing up.

Frau Muller

Why would anyone yearn to see Miss Sappenfield at Nationals this year?

🍿
🍿
🍿

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Seems likely they wouldn't have been allowed to show up regardless.
There is no scenario where skaters who qualified for Nationals and followed all the rules would not be allowed to show up just because people don't like their coach. Even if that coach lost her credentials (which she hasn't), they would be allowed but would have to have a different coach or none at all.

Sylvia

TBD
Has anyone heard anything about any official livestreams for those of us who don't live in the US?

I've listed the current Practice Cam streaming schedule for Peacock Premium subscribers here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...rting-in-fall-2020.107653/page-6#post-5930095

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
The three pairs are coach Dalilah Sappenfield’s skaters, right?

Oh dear...

I just asked this in US dance thread...but whats the rush to have Nats right now? This is the time period of surge upon surge upon surge.

Its not like there is a 4CC we need to put together a roster for.

And if there even will be a worlds that is still months away.

They should postpone Nats until no earlier than March and let this peak of peaks plateau a bit. And if theres no rink available in March (Im sure there will be) then have them virtually.

Carolla5501

Since they have NOT actually postponed Worlds the risk that if Worlds go on we would not have had Nationals.

And honestly do you think March is much better? People keep kicking this can down the road, but I don't think 8 weeks is far enough. You want this to be better, just cancel and aim for 2022 in Nashville.

(And honestly after the incredibly horrid "virtual videos" some top competitors submitted I don't think "virtual" is a really good option either)

carriecmu0503

Oh dear...

I just asked this in US dance thread...but whats the rush to have Nats right now? This is the time period of surge upon surge upon surge.

Its not like there is a 4CC we need to put together a roster for.

And if there even will be a worlds that is still months away.

They should postpone Nats until no earlier than March and let this peak of peaks plateau a bit. And if theres no rink available in March (Im sure there will be) then have them virtually.

Do you know what it means to be in peak shape for a competition? Do you also know it is absolutely not possible for any elite athlete to maintain this form indefinitely? You cannot just all of a sudden postpone an event like the national championships and then just expect the athletes to show up at some arbitrary date several months later in peak form. Athletes need time to properly prepare, and they go in periodic cycles of being in top competition form and not being in peak shape. In addition, the world championships, which have not been canceled yet, are in March. The athletes, coaches, and officials who want to attend will attend. Those who don't won't. At some point, people DO need to live their lives while they are still alive! Also, if there are no rinks available in March, exactly how would you expect nationals to be held virtually? You need rinks available to be able to do that!

Frau Muller

The choo-choo has left the station. Nationals is ON and it begins in a few hours with the first practice session. Skaters already in Vegas. Woohoo!!! 🎉 🥳 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information