2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

SLIVER

Where are they going with these Yuhana Yokoi assignments, I am sure there are stronger skaters in Japan to take that slot, or maybe in a foreign GP they have to go down the WR list? I've seen her twice now and both times I felt they were stronger skaters at home. Same with Sinitsina at Skate America.

Enchanted

Where are they going with these Yuhana Yokoi assignments, I am sure there are stronger skaters in Japan to take that slot, or maybe in a foreign GP they have to go down the WR list? I've seen her twice now and both times I felt they were stronger skaters at home. Same with Sinitsina at Skate America.
Maybe it has something to do with who has the required travel documents or who can get them in time? In France, there are already 3 skaters from both USA and Russia. So, that might be limiting their choices.

seabm7

Japan has a rather limited number of skaters at the top in the combined SB list. After Yokoi, Mako Yamashita and Nana Araki follow in the order.

Last edited:

SLIVER

Japan has a rather limited number of skaters at the top in the combined SB list. After Yokoi, Mako Yamashita and Nana Araki follow in the order.
Would have been nice to see Yamashita again, I remember her doing very well at one GP event 2/3 years ago.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I'm glad that Yeonjeong Park will get a GP opportunity. She was quite wonderful at U.S. Classic.
Indeed. Before GP France, she’ll be at CS Graz Austria this week...according to current list. Ditto Starr Andrews - doing CS Graz one week, then GP France the next.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Oh no :fragile: I hope it’s just a relatively minor misfortune for K/R and not a recurrence of his knee injury.

Karen-W

There was an organizing committee press-conference prior to Rostelecom Cup, and Aleksandr Kogan just announced that they are waiting for Yuzuru Hanyu in Sochi - he got Russian visa and the tickets were bought, no information about withdrawal (yet).

Just saw on Twitter that Hanyu withdrew from Russia.
LOL. Looks like Kogan should have held off a day before holding the press conference.
He's not on the entries anymore on the ISU page (the Rostelecom page, not the PDFs)
The Rostelecom ISU entries page still has him... says it was last updated 15/11/2021. https://results.isu.org/events/gprus2021_Men.htm

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Rostelecom

Out: Kazakova / Reviya (they have also withdrawn from Warsaw Cup)

After how they looked at Nebelhorn Trophy, not that sharp and uninspiring this doesn't looks well for the important part of the season, of course they could well be at europeans and the Olympics but maybe with lower results than what we all expected

Dobre

I thought they would qualify for the Olympics. I don't have further expectations for K&R at this point in time. I expected to wait & see how they would do at last year's Worlds before figuring out where they were; and since they missed the competition, I now expect to wait & see how they do at this year's Worlds to figure out where they are-ish. ("Ish" because a bunch of young teams still won't be at this year's worlds but a few more may be at next year's).

For Eastern Europe, Georgia is a very appealing judge to have on the panel. (Particularly a Georgian judge that moved from some other federation first). They'll have support. But beyond that, I dunno yet.

Karen-W

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports OlympicTalk's article:
Two-time Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu has now withdrawn from both of his Grand Prix figure skating events due to a right ankle ligament injury, this time pulling out of next week’s Rostelecom Cup in Russia.

“I’m not even at the starting line yet, but will steadily move forward,” Hanyu said in a statement, according to a Kyodo News translation. “It hurts when I move it certain ways. But I’m at the point where it doesn’t hurt just doing routine daily things.”
From the Rostelecom ISU entries page

In: Kerry
Brendan Kerry replaced Maxim Naumov (today's grid update): https://www.isu.org/docman-document...ies-files-40/entries-6/25938-entries-men/file

Karen-W

Egadze and Chtchetinina / Magyar have been added to Rostelecom.
Is there a pairs team out that we didn't know about? NM - duh, lol.

ETA - I'm surprised they haven't replaced Kazakova/Reviya in dance yet. There are a couple of teams that train in Moscow who don't have a 2nd GP yet (Mueller/Dieck and Nazarova/Nikitin, off the top of my head).

J

Jeschke

Happy for Egadze! I fear for Iraklis Euros chances with Moris and Nika in #teameteri though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information