2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Wow. I know we were speculating on Boston but I didn't expect the USFS to actually submit something. I'm glad they stepped up and offered but I'm even happier that Italy was awarded the opportunity. And nice to see Hungary also putting themselves forward.

Just going to throw it out there that I really wouldn't mind seeing Italy take over from China as a permanent host.
I had similar thoughts, even before Italy was awarded this GP.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
EU to recommend reinstating C*vid-related travel restrictions on US

The European Union is expected to recommend on Monday that member states reinstate Covid-related travel restrictions and halt nonessential travel from the United States and five other countries, a diplomatic source told CNN on Monday.

The EU would reestablish coronavirus travel restrictions such as quarantine and testing requirements for unvaccinated travelers from those countries, according to the source.

litenkyckling

The European Union is expected to recommend on Monday that member states reinstate *********-related travel restrictions and halt nonessential travel from the United States and five other countries, a diplomatic source told CNN on Monday.

The EU would reestablish ******** travel restrictions such as quarantine and testing requirements for unvaccinated travelers from those countries, according to the source.
Obviously this is not great news for FS but I would assume by now that most of the NA athletes have been vacccinated? Especially since the US (unsure about Canada) have extended their vaccination programme to younger people too? Would the quarantine be for vaccinated travellers too would be my question - or would it be a negative PCR pre and post flight situation (unsure what the rules are just now as I've not travelled)

Stephanie

Each EU country can set their own rules. For example, at present Spain requires nothing (no proof of vaccine, no test) aside from registering with their health ap (which essentially just serves for contract tracing), whereas France requires either proof of vaccination or a test.

million$momma

Obviously this is not great news for FS but I would assume by now that most of the NA athletes have been vacccinated? Especially since the US (unsure about Canada) have extended their vaccination programme to younger people too? Would the quarantine be for vaccinated travellers too would be my question - or would it be a negative PCR pre and post flight situation (unsure what the rules are just now as I've not travelled)
In Canada vaccinated travellers do not have to quarantine like unvaccinated travellers, but they do need to show a negative test. Not all vaccines are recognized yet. I think it is still only Moderna, Pfizer, AZ, and JJ so it is a little trickier for those coming into the country who did not get these vaccines as you are considered unvaccinated.

On My Own

The European Union is expected to recommend on Monday that member states reinstate *********-related travel restrictions and halt nonessential travel from the United States and five other countries, a diplomatic source told CNN on Monday.
What is defined as "non-essential" by the EU?

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...

The EU would reestablish ******** travel restrictions such as quarantine and testing requirements for unvaccinated travelers from those countries, according to the source.
At least most of them have had plenty of time to get vaccinated already and if they aren't yet there is still 2+ months until the first GP in Europe.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
At least most of them have had plenty of time to get vaccinated already and if they aren't yet there is still 2+ months until the first GP in Europe.
True, and the J&J only requires 1 vaccine + 4 weeks before you are recognised as fully vaccinated.

At least the Americans have that option.
The Russians only have access to the Sputnik vaccine which is not recognised by the EU

euterpe

True, and the J&J only requires 1 vaccine + 4 weeks before you are recognised as fully vaccinated.

At least the Americans have that option.
The Russians only have access to the Sputnik vaccine which is not recognised by the EU
Does that mean the Russians will be allowed to have extra Russian skaters at Rostelecom?

Sylvia

TBD
Cup O' Noodles becomes The Pasta Bowl, perhaps?
Cup Noodles® originated in Japan ;): https://nissinfoods.com/products/cup-noodles

BTW, here's the ISU's event page for the GP in Torino, Italy (announcement document not yet linked): https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...grand-prix-of-figure-skating?templateParam=11

Dobre

I'm kind of surprised that Sputnik hasn't been recognized yet in the EU. It was rushed through originally so I wouldn't have expected it to be approved early, but more formal test results have come out since then; haven't they? Ultimately, one would think Europe would at least want to move toward being able to approve visitors with the Sputnik vaccine. Has there been discussion along those lines?

I'm kind of surprised that Sputnik hasn't been recognized yet in the EU. It was rushed through originally so I wouldn't have expected it to be approved early, but more formal test results have come out since then; haven't they? Ultimately, one would think Europe would at least want to move toward being able to approve visitors with the Sputnik vaccine. Has there been discussion along those lines?
It looks like WHO is still waiting on data from Russia. See #12 on the list. It is unfortunate but evaluation of the vaccine is on-hold. Wont speak for the EU but it is difficult for a country to licence a vaccine when the WHO isn't able to properly evaluate it.

RoseRed

This article from Reuters in July also talks about the missing information from the developers, with comments from the Russian marketer as well.

euterpe

So what will happen with all the Russian skaters scheduled for GPs FRA and ITA? Will they have to quarantine, will they give up the spots, and then expect those skaters to be moved to other events? And then what happens with the GPF?

Foolhardy Ham Lint

At least the car in the corner of the arena should be something worth looking at this year.

I always thought it was there as a quick getaway for the judges who gave Team Eteri a bad score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information