2021/2022 Canadian Men: News and Updates

barbarafan

Roman seemed in good spirits after the SP despite being disappointed (if that isn't an oxymoronic statement, lol).
I think Roman was likely expecting to do the FP, since he was sent out with the rest of the TE skaters, so well done under pressure, but I hope he does what he often does, and follow a bad performance with a great one (if we qualify for the TE FP).

I'm not holding out hope for SC/COC to get Wesley ready. I'm reading (on Twitter) comments that people have heard COC/SC will send Keegan out the night before the men's individual event if he passes the tests in time. So I don't think they're going to follow common sense and set a deadline for his test results.
I read that he has now had 2 negative tests....needs one more. NOt sure what timing is in between tests.

rink_mom

"@Devin_Heroux
· 23m
JUST IN Canadian Olympic Committee tells me Keegan Messing is currently flying to Montreal where he will have his final PCR test. From Montreal, he will fly on to Games and is expected to arrive early on Feb. 7th, in time to compete in the Men's Program. @CBCOlympics"

If he get's a negative 3rd PCR test he will arrive early in Beijing on Monday - only 24 hours before (approx) the men's short - talk about cutting it fine.....

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I’m confused. Why fly to Montreal if he’s in Vancouver? That’s a whole extra day of flying.
Not sure... it would seem to make more sense to fly him to Tokyo, which is one of the 4 hubs, and then to Beijing, but maybe there aren't any flights? Montreal he would likely fly to CDG as Paris is one of the other hubs.

PeterG

I guess that big family get-together to wish him good luck didn't pan out as exptected... ;)

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
The latest full story indicates he is scheduled to fly out of Montreal pending another negative test: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...gan-messing-covid-test-beijing-2022-1.6339773

My understanding is that Olympic authorities have not allowed any alternates in Beijing so I don't see any plan to have Wesley on the same flight as being possible.

By the way, Elladj Balde, who is in Beijing for CBC reported a little while ago that Keegan's (possible) flight from Montreal would be to Italy and then on to Beijing. On his (potential) arrival it is not certain that he would be able to get any practice time before competing.

Last edited:

Janef

This Keegan thing was unnecessary and ridiculous. He essentially may have a had a cold. Everything he has gone through for a false positive test. He isn’t even Ill whatsoever. Now with all this he has gone through he might just get sick. Waiting at hotels and different flights. Feel bad this happened. Obviously he was fine coming from Alaska to Vancouver. What gives

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
This Keegan thing was unnecessary and ridiculous. He essentially may have a had a cold. Everything he has gone through for a false positive test. He isn’t even Ill whatsoever. Now with all this he has gone through he might just get sick. Waiting at hotels and different flights. Feel bad this happened. Obviously he was fine coming from Alaska to Vancouver. What gives
He would not have had a positive test from a "bad cold".

pointbleu

:rolleyes::wall::scream::blah:

Jammers

It really makes you wonder if and when the final variant is no more harmful then the regular flu or cold if they are ever going to let us takes these damn masks off. Sickness is a part of living and you can't control germs it's why we have an immune system.

livetoskate

The latest full story indicates he is scheduled to fly out of Montreal pending another negative test: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...gan-messing-covid-test-beijing-2022-1.6339773

My understanding is that Olympic authorities have not allowed any alternates in Beijing so I don't see any plan to have Wesley on the same flight as being possible.

By the way, Elladj Balde, who is in Beijing for CBC reported a little while ago that Keegan's (possible) flight from Montreal would be to Italy and then on to Beijing. On his (potential) arrival it is not certain that he would be able to get any practice time before competing.
Wacky idea- sub in Elladj Balde to skate if neither Keegan nor Wesley are able to skate? Would that even be possible?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Besides Balde not having competed and not having the minimum scores, he would've also needed to be on the alternates list. So no altogether.

livetoskate

Besides Balde not having competed and not having the minimum scores, he would've also needed to be on the alternates list. So no altogether.
Aww... too bad! Well, let's hope Keegan gets there & keeps testing negative.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
It really makes you wonder if and when the final variant is no more harmful then the regular flu or cold if they are ever going to let us takes these damn masks off. Sickness is a part of living and you can't control germs it's why we have an immune system.

There are plenty of other threads where the anti-vax libertarian nonsense can be posted. Let's keep it out of this one, OK?

Janef

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information