2020 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships Feb. 26th - 29th

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
The Hockettes on the ice in their green skirts costume. Pretty good so far. I like them a lot.

Simone411

Score for the Hockettes: 57.02. Currently 2nd place! Aloha! :lol:

Simone411

I saw some nice twizzles and spirals from Team Delaware. Loving the purple, too.

Score for Team Delaware: 46.46. Currently 4th place.

Simone411

Synchroettes chose music from Queen - Don't Stop Me Now.

Score for Synchroettes: 30.78 currently 6th place

Simone411

St. Louis Synergy chose Calfornia Dreamin'. Like their Pepto Bismol Pink outfits. They're the second team I've seen using that color. Alrighty then.

Simone411

Nothernettes out there with burgundy outfits. I think I like that much better than the Pepto Bismol pink outfits.

Simone411

Good job from the Northernettes!

Segment score: 46.99. Currently 5th place and I think I'm doing just as good of a job as Paul is! :lol:

Simone411

Skyliners out there in black. They're having a team hug, and should! I thought they were awesome.

Score for Skyliners: 70.68. Currently 1st place.

Simone411

Yep, and the Fon Du Lac Blades are having fun, too. One of the skaters fell, but got right back in sync.

Simone411

If this were figure skating, I would know more and have more to say. And I know my commentary is boring. Oh well, it's just sort of fun to watch.

Score for Fon Du Lac Blades: 51.55. Currently 6th.

Simone411

It sort of reminds me of line dancing. Good job, Team Image!

Simone411

D.C. Edge back out there in purple outfits performing to "I want to hold your hand".

Simone411

That was a fun routine.

Score for D.C. Edge: 51.69. Currently 7th place.

Simone411

Team Excel next. I believe those are fuchsia colored outfits. Pretty good job so far.

Simone411

The independent team, Starlight. Skating to music from Cinderella - In My Own Little Corner.

Simone411

I figured this out. I could do this kind of commentary for figure skating. I would comment on the beginning and at the end with no commentary in-between to take away from a skaters program. Get back Tara and Johnny! I'll do the commentating! :lol:

just tuned in

Ageless

Slightly off topic, but what happened to the Chicago Jazz? No teams at Nationals? I could not find any sign they were competing this year.

Willin

Slightly off topic, but what happened to the Chicago Jazz? No teams at Nationals? I could not find any sign they were competing this year.
I'm out of the gossip loop this year, but I would imagine there's three factors:
1. A lot of really good Junior teams taking the skaters that would've previously gone to them (Teams Elite, Starlights, Dazzlers, and some North side skaters go all the way to Fond du Lac to skate with their team)
2. The senior coaching staff may have been ready to retire (a major factor in how other successful teams like Team Elan and IceKateers ended) and were further spurred into it with USFS's screwing them over a couple seasons back
3. They used to have a really strong Juv team to feed their Junior team; that level wasn't doing well in recent years so they weren't able to draw or create talent to maintain a successful Junior team

I can't find anything about them having any teams this year, but their social media is still active so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information