2020 U.S. Club Competitions

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
JUNIOR MEN

Joseph Klein- Don't Speak but not No Doubt, a dramatic cover- 3ax fall, feed skipped a whole bunch. I missed a 3f-3t and 3z.

SENIOR MEN

Vincent Zhou- "vincent"-Josh Groban- 4z-3t, 4sal, 3ax. Nice job on spins.

Tomoki Hiwatashi- "Standards"- Leslie Odom, Jr. 4toe good, 3ax hang on, 3z-3t, great split, really out of control but interesting layover flying camel, awesome death drop kick thing. Great job, he's the best trickster by a ways. Just needs a little more emotion towards the audience/camera and flow.

Camden Pulkinen- In this Shirt- Irrepressibles 4toe fall, 3axel huge wipeout onto his back, 1z. Nice flying camel catch and sit spins. Really pretty footwork sequence, and feed skipping....some really nice stuff in here.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Not a good day for Camden. :( I guess it can only get better from here. I'm really not a fan of the music and comparisons to Aymoz are inevitable.

annie720

Maryn Pierce, who placed 8th in Junior at 2020 Nationals, won the Junior Ladies SP (52.88), landing 3Lz, 3F+2T & 2A.
2nd was Sofia Frank with a fun, energetic performance to Donna Summer's "Last Dance."

Maryn skated BEAUTIFULLY!

natsulian

The ladies event looks packed and includes many faces that we will hopefully be seeing at the Grand Prix or Nationals.

DobrinFan

Senior Men SP: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/nonqual_results/2020/29370/SEG011.html
Vincent Zhou 103.95 [60.12 / 43.83]
Tomoki Hiwatashi 84.23 [44.40 / 39.83]
Camden Pulkinen 60.30
Protocols: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/nonqual_results/2020/29370/SEGM011.html

Joseph Klein scored 67.30 in his Junior SP exh. - 3A< fall (bonus point for attempt), 3F+3T(+), 3Lz(! edge warning).

Hiwatashi

Pulkinen

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Julia Fennell
Not About Angles, Birdy

3S<<
2A< fall
2Lo

I'm not sure if a 0/3 jump layout is the best strategy. :shuffle:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Sierra Venetta
Unforgettable by Sia (why, Sia, why?)

3F+2T, maybe slightly 2ft
3Lo? stream skipped
2A stepout

First impression: I don't think this generic program plays to her strengths.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Angelina Huang TPE
Mas Que Nada

3T< fall
2A< fall
3S fall

Obviously a lower level skater, but I really appreciated her commitment to expressing the music and having fun with it. The first four programs here were identical female ballads. Come on, American ladies! Let's mix it up a little bit?

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
SENIOR LADIES SP
GROUP 1

Sonja Hilmer- "I was here"- Beyonce -3t (und)-2t (und/2ft), 2ax fall, 3loop (und? I zoned out). Really nice expression, always love to see her skate.

Karen Chen- Rise- Katy Perry- 3z-3t ok, 2ax great, 3r good. Super spins. She looks like she's been training consistently for months. By far her most memorable SP for me.

Sierra Venetta- Unforgettable- Natalie Cole via Sia- 3f-2t, feed skipped, 2ax und/stepout, layback very weak something happened, really pretty knee glidey thing to end.

Angelina Huang- 3toe fall hesitant going in, 2ax fall, fly sit ok, 3sal fall. These jumps seem a bit pushed instead of natural flow. Some nice dance moves, good projection to audience. Music was JLo or something similar.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Hailee Giordano
Always Remember Us That Way

2Lz+2T<
2F<
waltz

I think the toe and flip were attempted triples?
I really like the dress.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
GROUP 2
Sarah Jung- The Rose- Bette Midler- 2f, 2ax, 3z-2t (fallout)
Pooja Kalyan- It's All Coming Back to Me Now- Celine Dion- 2ax beauty, 3flutz fall (feels like a wonky entrance could be reworked), 3f-2t. Glorious spins. This to me just really works and I hope we see it a few more times this season, really strong expression that draws the (theoretical) audience in.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Pooja Kalyan
It's All Coming Back to Me Now (the proper Celine Dion version) :respec:

2A great
3Lz< fall
3F+2T big
good energy in the footwork
I like the edit, too.

Love the dress! If I'm going to sit through 13 ballads tonight, I sure as hell should get at least one Celine program, and Pooja delivers. I really like this program, good energy and commitment, and speed/ice coverage seems improved.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Lucie Reizian
Lovely (Billie Eilish)

2A< pogosplat
2T fall
3S< fall
fall on a spin
wobbly end

Poor kid. That was very rough.

natsulian

Pooja's musicality and expressions were much welcomed, especially with the onslaught of back-to-back ballads. I hope she continues to improve and make huge strides in her skating career. The Pooja, Ting, Hanna, and Alysa group didn't take off like I thought and each has had their own setbacks, but I hope to see them all at Nationals healthy, strong, and fulfilling their dreams.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Mandy Chiang
Adios Nonino

3Lz clean
3F<+COMBO, stepped out then did a 2T
2A
Very slow.

Weak basics but after 9 ballads, this was super refreshing.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Audrey Shin
The Giving (Michael Smith)

3Lz+3T great!
2A solid
Some inspired angsty drama moves
3Lo
Layback after the music

Very solid. No doubt on the rotation on the combo. Understated program but she had moments of quite good expression. Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information