2020-21 Programs and Choreographers

Bigbird

I'm discouraged by their selection. If both Christina/Anthony and Chock/Bates keep their respective rhythm dances they'll both be skating to Too Darn Hot. Then Christina/Anthony will skate to Doctor Zhivago, which was previously used by Chock/Bates. Christina/Anthony are practically asking for the comparison.

Sooner or later the fog will clear, Chock/Bates and Papadakis/Cizeron and Hubbell/Donahue will retire and they will fly to Montreal, period.

Igor has really fallen unto lean times without Marina. It's not for nothing that Zhighansin hated working with him.

Colonel Green

Sooner or later the fog will clear, Chock/Bates and Papadakis/Cizeron and Hubbell/Donahue will retire and they will fly to Montreal, period.

Igor has really fallen unto lean times without Marina. It's not for nothing that Zhighansin hated working with him.
I don’t think they can go to Montreal. Carreira needs to reside in the US to eventually get citizenship.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Last edited:

heartyxo

Papadakis / Cizeron

RD: The Artist
FD: contemporary tango on the theme of jealousy

Source: https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...guillaume-cizeron-lancent-leur-saison/1170270 (behind a paywall, relevant excerpt here)

According to this Haguenauer interview they also have a modified version of Fame at hand.

Thanks to @Laney and @jujubi64 for the information!

Ooo, a tango! I’m here for this, their tango RD was so good!

I bet there will still be people who find a way to say they do the same thing every year, still.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Did the "it has to be a musical" requirement carry over to this season? Or only the Finnstep requirement?

heartyxo

Did the "it has to be a musical" requirement carry over to this season? Or only the Finnstep requirement?

It’s the exact same as last year.

Regarding the Artist, I honestly don’t know enough about it or what’s ISU has described as a musical but there were definitely teams who got away with it last year so I don’t imagine anyone will do anything about it.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I thought about the music requirement violation too but just found out that last season Italian junior couple Portesi Peroni / Chrastecky used the soundtrack from The Artist and didn't receive any music related warning in both their JGPs and Junior Worlds so...

litenkyckling

Papadakis / Cizeron

RD: The Artist
FD: contemporary tango on the theme of jealousy

Source: https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...guillaume-cizeron-lancent-leur-saison/1170270 (behind a paywall, relevant excerpt here)

According to this Haguenauer interview they also have a modified version of Fame at hand.

Thanks to @Laney and @jujubi64 for the information!

Finally a different FD - I'm really looking forward to this. Maybe losing Europeans is what they needed to see where they needed to push out of their comfort zone?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
That the book was adapted into a musical doesn't make the 2013 film a musical by association.

Sure but maybe there a music piece in both the musical and film that was the same and they got it through, a loophole perhaps. I don't remember the program at all. But can imagine a coach arguing it was legal.

The choices by Gabby and Guillame for this season are just genius!!

I'm not sure I would call it genius. I also think that's fine as I wouldn´t waste genius on a year like this one, save it for 2022.

Colonel Green

Sure but maybe there a music piece in both the musical and film that was the same and they got it through, a loophole perhaps.
You can see the authors of the musical in the video. They aren't the songwriters of Luhrmann film.

Bigbird

Sure but maybe there a music piece in both the musical and film that was the same and they got it through, a loophole perhaps. I don't remember the program at all. But can imagine a coach arguing it was legal.

I'm not sure I would call it genius. I also think that's fine as I wouldn´t waste genius on a year like this one, save it for 2022.
You have a point. I wouldn't call this year a season really. More like the world is in a holding pattern of some kind. But it's nice to see them enthusiastic about their dances. Really looking forward to the Artist RD.

Sylvia

TBD
Posted in this thread back on July 10:
Alena Kostornaia fragment of FP https://www.instagram.com/p/CCeMxeaIxs5/?igshid=fxkib3w7i3es

Music: ItsAMoney "Lovely", Galpe "Lovely", "Lovely" by Billie Eilish and Khalid
Choreo: Daniil G. and Eteri T.
Kostornaia's 2 Billie Eilish songs in her SP test skate today were "No Time to Die" (James Bond theme song for the upcoming movie) & "you should see me in a crown" (from her debut album).

DobrinFan

Dmitry Aliev changed his FP program.
SP Aram Khachaturian's "Masquerade"
FP Il Volo group "L'immensita"

J

Jeschke

Dmitry Aliev changed his FP program.
SP Aram Khachaturian's "Masquerade"
FP Il Volo group "L'immensita"
What was the intended FS music? I already forgot.
And back to old SP? I missed that too.

Sylvia

TBD
Aaaaand this is the 3rd thread I'm posting in :D ... Looks like we'll see Jason Brown's new programs for the ISP Points Challenge virtual competition posted tomorrow in USFS' Fan Zone. He just shared snippets on his social media:

SP: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFaejc3nrI7/
🎶: Sinnerman
🎤: Nina Simone
Choreo: Rohene Ward

FS: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFae2hJH7kL/
🎶: Slaughter on 10th Avenue
🎼: Richard Rodgers & New York Philharmonic
Choreo: David Wilson

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information