2020...2021 Eurovision - Let's Go Dutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah

Shhh... shhh...
Can I post more 2019-adjacent content? Because Klemens from Hatari singing Arcade is... not what I expected:

Wow, it's as surprising as Keiino covering Hatari ;).

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I was sad the BBC show didn’t have “Fly on the wings of love” as a highlight though.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Thanks to Mr @allezfred who gave points to the UK!

I may have to rethink my voting next time. :shuffle:

Thanks for the set up 😎😎😎

Finnice

Obviously I messed up something with my voting. I was Finland, not some stupid "Leena". Yay for Iceland, so sorry that it will not happen in real life. @skoppa tell to your countryfolks that ICE won the FSU Eurovision!

Hanna

Skating junkie
a shout-out to @Hanna, my emo fellow who also gave douze points to Bulgaria :D.
Yeeeessss. :love: Loved that song from the very first time I heard it, which very rarely happens for me with Eurovision songs. Made my everyday playlist immediately. :swoon:

OTOH my taste in music is apparently very different from most others as basically almost all the songs that I voted for ended up towards the bottom. :rofl: And I didn't care for most of the songs that were among FSU's top. :lol:

But what a clear winner! Makes me wonder how Iceland would've done in the actual competition.

Loved skoppa's Nordic :bloc: voting. :rofl:

Also, the Israeli song is like a top class mishmash ice dance program with 228377392 music cuts. :rofl:

Thanks @allezfred for organizing again :cheer: although we are fewer and fewer in number every year.

Hanna

Skating junkie
You’re welcome. It is kind of sad that so few people took part though. 😢
Maybe we need to think new marketing strategies for next year. 🤔

I just realized today that my beloved Bulgaria was one of the favorites and now I'm even more :wuzrobbed that we didn't have the comp.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

I just realized today that my beloved Bulgaria was one of the favorites and now I'm even more :wuzrobbed that we didn't have the comp.

The same singer is confirmed to compete next year albeit with a new song.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Israel and Azerbaijan wuzrobbed of higher positions. :mitchell:

Iceland probably is the rightful winner.

Special shoutout to @Hanna for voting 8 points to Estonia. :cheer: I don't care to admit how many times I've listened to this song the past week. :shuffle: Definitely have a weakness for dated pop power ballads. #basic

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
You’re welcome. It is kind of sad that so few people took part though. 😢

Sorry I missed voting, I rarely venture outside the GSD and the Trash Can these days. :shuffle: I really liked the scoreboard web app you used, it was really fun to watch in real time.

Being an ignorant American, I've never seen the actual Eurovision voting process before. However, it's 2:30am, I can't sleep, the 2005 Eurovision final voting was a recommended video on youtube, and I easily watched the full 75 minutes. And then I came here. Needless to say, I'm hooked.

I'm happy to read several countries have already announced they're selecting the same artists for 2021 Eurovision.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Sorry I missed voting, I rarely venture outside the GSD and the Trash Can these days. :shuffle: I really liked the scoreboard web app you used, it was really fun to watch in real time.

Being an ignorant American, I've never seen the actual Eurovision voting process before. However, it's 2:30am, I can't sleep, the 2005 Eurovision final voting was a recommended video on youtube, and I easily watched the full 75 minutes. And then I came here. Needless to say, I'm hooked.

I'm happy to read several countries have already announced they're selecting the same artists for 2021 Eurovision.

The voting from almost every year are on YouTube. Just search “XXXX Eurovision voting”.

I recommend 1981, 1988, 1991, 1998 and 2003 if you want to watch dramatic ones. :drama:

MsZem

I see the sea
The voting from almost every year are on YouTube. Just search “XXXX Eurovision voting”.

I recommend 1981, 1988, 1991, 1998 and 2003 if you want to watch dramatic ones. :drama:
Or 1979 for retro drama - it's hard to understand what the national representatives are saying, but they didn't know until the very end who'd win (around 2:44:35).

MsZem

I see the sea

MsZem

I see the sea
I read the song was written by Swedes and the female voice is a Swedish Singer.
I imagine this movie will be to Eurovision what Blades of Glory was to figure skating.
I was referring to the movie, which was certainly not written by Swedes.

skoppa

Living in the North
Parts of it was shot in Iceland little town in the north Húsavík just an hour from my hometown Akureyri.

sus2850

So sorry that I forgot to check threads outside The Great Skate Debate.

I was busy watching the 3 Eurovision shows we had simultaneously.

At ARD there was a voting show with ten finalists and 4 live acts: Three of the Icelandic group were there (stoic performance), the Danish couple, the Lithuanians and Ben Dolic (weak voice). The Lithuanians had the only fitting Eurovision show and won deservedly, I thought.

The other show was the first „Free European Song Contest“ organized by Stefan Raab at Pro7. Host was Conchita Wurst. Among the competitors: Ilse DeLange for Netherlands. She became second. Winner out of 16 songs: Nico Santos for Spain (German singer who grew up in Mallorca).

Third show was „Europe Shine A Light“. Which claimed to be live as well, so it was odd to see Ilse DeLange who was in Cologne at Pro7 studios, and German entry of 2018, Michael Schulte, who was in Hamburg commentating for ARD, singing together „Ein bisschen Frieden“.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Third show was „Europe Shine A Light“. Which claimed to be live as well, so it was odd to see Ilse DeLange who was in Cologne at Pro7 studios, and German entry of 2018, Michael Schulte, who was in Hamburg commentating for ARD, singing together „Ein bisschen Frieden“.

I believe the live bit referred to the hosts in the studio only.

sus2850

Well the interview of the hosts with Schulte was not live.
He was singing live at the same time on German tv. Wore the same shirt to trick the audience. I mean it is not important but really weird.
Also how Schulte kept quiet when the German tv showed „Shine A Light...“ (about 75 minutes after it was originally streamed) and his German co host said „of course this was recorded earlier“

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Dadi Freyr has entered the Irish Top 5.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Rebroadcast of 2003 Eurovision starting now:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The dates for Eurovision 2021 have been set:

Also the trailer for the Eurovision film starring Will Ferrell is out:

It looks like it will be crap. :yikes:

MsZem