2019 World Athletics Championships - Those Who Can Doha

Finnice

Happy that Mäkelä (FIN) qualified for the triple jump. Too bad for Mayer.

I have such strong opinions against organizing the WC in such a place like Qatar. But the athletes did not decide that. I decided to go for the last two days. So I will do the best of cheering I can, to the brave athletes. They do deserve more spectators, they are the champions.

Lorac

Thiam unable to throw big in.the javelin and KJT gets a PB in the javelin so Kat has a 137 point advantage going into the 800m.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Spanish delegation had submitted 3 protest to the result of 110m hurdles final

Word is that the jury is now considering give a second bronze medal to Orlando Ortega, who finished 5th after the problem with Omar McLeod

D

Deleted member 40371

Orlando Ortega will also be given the bronze medal along with Pascal Martinot-Lagarde in the 110M hurdles. The Spaniard was broke his stride when Omar McLeod interrupted his run.

Braulio

The hammer throw also gave a second bronze medal, though I don't know why Nowicki got that

ilovepaydays

Has there been precedent in them rerunning a final? That’s wouldn’t be fair to Grant, Sergey, and Pascal.

Braulio

Has there been precedent in them rerunning a final? That’s wouldn’t be fair to Grant, Sergey, and Pascal.

I don't remember one, not even that olympic final in Athens 2004 with Perdita Felicien falling and making a russian fall too

But there wont be a re-run, Orlando Ortega will receive a bronze medal, IAAF made it official

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I'm a bit surprised that Ortega got a bronze medal for finishing fifth. It's hurdles - shit happens.

Am shocked to see KJT throwing a decent javelin for her and leading going into the 800m. :eek:

Finnice

The judging has been pretty oddish in this championships. The Finnish commentators are complaining about the line marks in throes, they seem to be misplaced. But I hope the metering system is correct (as it seems to be...).

Braulio

In the men's shot put qualification 9 of the 12 athletes who made to the final went over 21 meters!

And it is just qualifying! incredible level

Lorac

I'm a bit surprised that Ortega got a bronze medal for finishing fifth. It's hurdles - shit happens.

Am shocked to see KJT throwing a decent javelin for her and leading going into the 800m. :eek:

Not only that but she looked happy to be throwing whereas usually she looks like she hates every moment of it :)

Lorac

The men's 1500m 1st round races were messy especially the 2nd one where it looks as if Filip Ingebrigtsen punches Teddese Lemi in the back causing Lemi to fall and not qualify for the semi's - whereas Filip does qualify. Not sure why a disqualification/reinstatement hasn't occurred there!!!

Braulio

Uibo from EST leads decathlon
Wow!!!

Could be golden night for the married (athletics) couple, if he and Shaunae win the 400m later

I dont remember if a married couple have won in the same world athletics championships (and same night) the gold medal

Eaton & Thiesen-Eaton I think won in 2015 but sepparate days

Lorac

Could be golden night for the married (athletics) couple, if he and Shaunae win the 400m later

I dont remember if a married couple have won in the same world athletics championships (and same night) the gold medal

Eaton & Thiesen-Eaton I think won in 2015 but sepparate days

Brianne won the silver in the 2015 Worlds - she never won the gold in the outdoor world championships. However they did do the double in the 2016 indoor worlds pentathlon and heptathlon.

And talking of Ashton and Brianne they were just interviewed in the stands at Doha by a BBC roving reporter and they are expecting a baby - they look so relaxed and happy.

Lorac

Well Miller-Uibo doesn't win the 400m - Naser ran outstanding to win in the 3rd fastest time of ever!!! Shaunae looks shocked as she ran the 6th fastest time ever and still finished 2nd!!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Naser third fastest 400 ever after Marita Koch (GDR) and Jarmila Kratochvilova (TCH).....

Braulio

In shock with the shock by Nasser with 48.14!!! for me that is the legitimate World Record

and Miller-Uibo 48.37 but 'only' second, what she must be feeling? when outstanding time is not enough.

In case you want to watch it

Amazed by Nasser, she also took part of the Mixed 4x400m so she had 2 extra races under her legs.

She was very sweet during the interview she gave to Spain tv

Last edited:

Lorac

So Kaul of Germany wins the decathlon with Uibo 2nd and Warner 3rd. That 1500m is a killer of a race for the decathletes' !!!

FiveRinger

Agreed. But Track and Field commentary isn't nearly as bad as figure skating and gymnastics. A televised sporting event without commentary in America is almost sacrilegious. Where else can sanctimonious idiots get paid a crap ton of money to bless us with their narrow minded BS?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
@FiveRinger At least the retired athletes are making a few $$$. That said, I’d be happier if they had a qualification round for those wanting to broadcast. Those without a minimum of two world championships experience need not apply.

ilovepaydays

YIKES! Filip Ingebrigtsen is second after the auto Qs in Semifinal 1. Will he get in on time?

Let’s see what Jakob will do in Semifinal 2.

ilovepaydays

Men’s 1500m Update: Jakob got 3rd in his semifinal and is in, Filip is OUT, but the final should be interesting with Americans Craig Engels and Matt Centrowitz, Brits Jake Wightman and Josh Kerr, and Kenyan Timothy Cheruiyot

And hey, there’s Algerian Taoufik Makhloufi - who we haven’t seen since Rio.

Braulio

The 4x100 Relays

Will the USA survive???

German women's squad for me is the favourite for Gold ;) they look very well

Braulio

Wow I almost jinxed Germany, they were 5th in their semifinal but got the final place advancing on best time of those not automatically qualified

USA looked ok, Jamaica very strong too and Britain of course with Dina will be very competitive

Lorac

I both love and hate the relays. GB ladies through sans DAS (who should run in the final)- now lets get the men there

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information