2019 World Athletics Championships - Those Who Can Doha

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
And the big race at least atracted good crowd tonight

Karsten Warholm wins the Gold! no world record but retains the world title. Rai Benjamin silver and Samba Bronze, the expected podium but I was waiting for a more disputed race because Karsten went in front from the start and never looked in danger.

Men discus throw won by Daniel Stahl, silver for Dacres of Jamaica and bronze for Austria. The marks were jus 'ok' considering no one reached the 68 mark and during the season were far ahead of the winning mark today.

Braulio

Meanwhile, this news might make Worlds a tad awkward for one prominent training group......

Here‘s the official statement from USADA.

Salazar is currently in Doha with some of his pupils like Sifan Hassan who just won surprisingly the 10Km Final on saturday, Donavan Brazier and Clayton Murphy who will run the 800m final this tuesday.

Now those achievements could feel like tainted...

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Salazar is currently in Doha with some of his pupils like Sifan Hassan who just won surprisingly the 10Km Final on saturday, Donavan Brazier and Clayton Murphy who will run the 800m final this tuesday.

Now those achievements could feel like tainted...

Not only those, but those of Mo Farah as well.

Braulio

What happened to Michael Norman??? Shock of the championships so far IMO

ETA

Norman said to german tv that he is not injured, he is just out of shape, consecuence of the long season and all the workout that he is carrying on his body so he is just too tired.

And I don't blame him, his season started way too long ago in April, imagine to keep working and trying to peak and peak until October!

Lorac

Heptathlon and Decathlon going on at the same time. After 3 events in the Heptathlon Thiam in 1st and KJT in 2nd - after throwing a PB in the shot put just 51 points in it at the moment!!

Braulio

Heptathlon and Decathlon going on at the same time. After 3 events in the Heptathlon Thiam in 1st and KJT in 2nd - after throwing a PB in the shot put just 51 points in it at the moment!!

Wish KJT have a better javelin throw because that is the event that lets her down

Finnice

Heptathlon and Decathlon are so interesting. Go Huntington FIN in 200! These peeps are the real athletes!

Lorac

The Beeb are so hyping Dina Asher-Smith in the 200m final. I always worry for the athlete when they do that!!!

Braulio

Kevin Mayer surviving the High jump but he is carrying an injury so will he survive the entire decathlon?

Lorac

Holloway wins the 110m hurdles but feel for Ortega who was hindered by McCleod in the final 30m as McCleod fell!!!

Lorac

Kevin Mayer surviving the High jump but he is carrying an injury so will he survive the entire decathlon?

He looks like he is holding his left hamstring after the 110m hurdles - he may be pulling out.

ETA: Well it looks as if he is continuing but he doesn't look comfortable.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
He looks like he is holding his left hamstring after the 110m hurdles - he may be pulling out.

ETA: Well it looks as if he is continuing but he doesn't look comfortable.
Just tuning in now for discus.

Lorac

Well KJT wins the long jump match up with Thiam. Now we know Thiam has the better javelin and KJT the better 800m. Is the lead from the long jump going to be enough for our Kat?

oleada

I hope Caterine Ibarguen can win in the triple jump final. She's recovering from surgery, and frankly, Rojas is younger and has more upside at this point, but I just love her so here's hoping.

Braulio

KJT has a +200 points gap over Thiam, but if the belgian throws like she can (if her elbow lets her) that gap can switch to her favour but the difference coming the 800m will be just less than 50 points or so.

Still is up for any of them. Nice to have this suspense

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Today’s a day that I wish I had paid for the NBC Sports track pass. I’m watching on broadcast TV and the commercial breaks are really annoying.

Braulio

Today’s a day that I wish I had paid for the NBC Sports track pass. I’m watching on broadcast TV and the commercial breaks are really annoying.

While French tv at their special website for Worlds have non commentary streams for each discipline

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information