2019 World Athletics Championships - Those Who Can Doha

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Francesport has dedicated streams for each field & track events!! you can watch everything live!

BUT of course is geobloked, but with a VPN you can be safe to watch

ilovepaydays

Shock of the day: Teen phenom Jakob Ingebrigtsen (Norway), who was a medal favorite in the 5000m, was DQed. :eek: :(

At least his other brothers made the final. Filip looked really good! Henrik did well too but I think Coach/Dad Gjert should consider getting him in the 10K race in Tokyo.

Last edited:

Braulio

Shock of the day: Teen phenom Jakob Ingebrigtsen (Norway), who was a medal favorite in the 5000m, was DQed. :eek: :(

At least his other brothers made the final. Filip looked really good! Henrik did well too but I think Coach/Dad Gjert should consider getting him in the 10K race in Tokyo.

He was?? I saw he had kind of a problem but commentators said that he was going to be safe and no Dq

Well, that wasn't really his biggest medal hope and still his two brothers can do some damage in the final

ilovepaydays

He was?? I saw he had kind of a problem but commentators said that he was going to be safe and no Dq

Well, that wasn't really his biggest medal hope and still his two brothers can do some damage in the final

YEP - Jakob should have tried to pass on the outside in that final back stretch - passing on the inside is too risky if there’s not enough room and he ended up over the rail.

Jakob and Filip are both also in the 1500m. That event will probably be insane. Like I said earlier, they should consider getting Henrik in the 10K next year.

ilovepaydays

Here’s a good clip of Jakob’s DQ. I don’t understand why he just didn’t wait and sprint around on the outside. You can see a bit of space actually opened up afterwards.

Meanwhile, 17 women qualified for the pole vault final. 4.60m was WAY too low for the automatic qualifier. I bet they make it 4.65m for Tokyo.

Braulio

15 runners have drop out of the Women's Marathon after 1 hour and 20 minutes of the race (22 Km)

Africa leading with 5 in the leading pack

1:26 AM in Doha

Braulio

It is gold for Kenya, Silver for Bahrain and Bronze for Namibia

One of the slowest times ever at a Marathon World Championships Final and it's totally understandable

Top 10 earned olympic quotas for their countries (KEN, BAH, NAM, ETH, USA, CAN, JPN, PRK)

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

DAY 2! :D

The women’s 100m heats have started.

All I have to say so far is that Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce’s hair is goals. 🇯🇲 Then she did a 10.80 in her heat!!!!! And she looked so relaxed!!!!! :eek:

Braulio

DAY 2! :D

The women’s 100m heats have started.

All I have to say so far is that Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce’s hair is goals. 🇯🇲 Then she did a 10.80 in her heat!!!!! And she looked so relaxed!!!!! :eek:

WOW 10.80!!

The favourites are advancing as expected, but sad to see Tori Bowie struggle, guess she wont be near the final this time

And what about nigerians. Yesterday Divine Oduduru in the men's 100m not showing and today Blessing Okagbare the same... what is happening there?

Braulio

Amos out, what a shame :( after posting that big time at the Diamond League it looked he was going up again

Men discus throw former olympic and world medalist out of the finals: Malachowski, Milanov and american Mason Finley

One group to go

Lorac

So men's 100m semi's now - not sure what I think of the Chris Colman situation!

Braulio

Coleman goes into the final with 9.88 and looking very easy

One semi to go

ilovepaydays

I hear he is kind of a dick in real life though. :(
That's a pity as I love listening to him talk and he does know his stuff. Oh well :fragile:

But there’s no doubt that Michael Johnson has done one of best and fastest stroke recoveries I’ve seen. It’s insane that was 13 months ago.
——————————

Any thoughts on the “blocks cam” from the Olympic Channel? I don’t think they did a focus group on that beforehand.......

Will Gatlin get into the final with time? :watch:

Braulio

Gatlin with 10.02 might qualify to the final as one of the fastest losing times but Semifinal 3 is the strongest IMO

Lorac

Braulio

and the 3rd semifinal was the slowest, Simbine wins with 10.01 and Hughes (GBR) with 10.05 advances

So Gatlin into the final

ilovepaydays

Mixed 4x400m relay - why I ask myself?!

Exactly. I’ve felt that if the IAAF was going to add events to the World Championships & Olympics, it should be the half marathon and/or cross country. Both are common enough that the viewer can connect to it.

How uncommon is the mixed 4X400m relay? The U.S. 🇺🇸 just broke the world record with their B listers.

Also, Japan - 🤦‍♀️. Why would they do a lineup like that? It’s too obvious that you would need to have it man-woman-woman-man in a relay like this. Or at least have a man in the last leg.

Last edited:

Lorac

Exactly. I’ve felt that if the IAAF was going to add events to the World Championships & Olympics, it should be the half marathon and/or cross country. Both are common enough that the viewer can connect to it.

How uncommon is the mixed 4X400m relay? The U.S. 🇺🇸 just broke the world record with their B listers.

Also, Japan - 🤦‍♀️. Why would they do a lineup like that? It’s too obvious that you would need to have it man-woman-woman-man in a relay like this. Or at least have a man in the last leg.

Michael Johnson wasn't a fan either. I did like his idea that the run order of the team should be determined by drawing a number from a bag - that would make it more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information