2019 North York Ontario & BC/YK Section Summer Skate competitions, August 15-18

Sylvia

TBD
Consolidating @shutterbug's info for these 2 competitions that was originally posted in the Canadian Spring/Summer Competitions thread:

North York Summer Skate
Aug. 15 - 18/19
Scotiabank Pond, Toronto, ON
Event page (livestream links should be posted here): https://skateontario.org/event/sectionals-series-north-york/
Schedule as of July 22/19. Senior & Junior events take place on Thursday and Friday.
Starting Orders/Results page: https://skateontario.org/results/19S2/index.htm
Gabrielle Daleman, Keegan Messing, Nam Nguyen, Moore-Towers/Marinaro & Walsh/Michaud are listed to compete here (season debuts for all). Also: Roman Sadovsky, Conrad Orzel, Bennet Toman, Michelle Long, Lanaghan/Razgulajevs (only Senior dance team).

2019 BC SummerSkate
Aug. 15 - 18/19
Burnaby 8 Rinks, Burnaby BC
Event page with starting orders (scroll down for links): https://www.skatinginbc.com/events/2019-belairdirect-bcyk-section-summerskate-super-series
Since both the North York Summer Skate and the BC SummerSkate are smaller competitions, possibly a combined thread for the two might be a good idea?
I agree; here you go. :)

ETA competitors with international assignments: Aurora Cotop, Haley Sales/Nikolas Wamsteeker in Senior; Emily Bausback, Olivia Gran, Kaiya Ruiter; Beres Clements, Eric Liu, Aleksa Rakic and Liam Kapeikis (USA) in Junior.

Direct links to the live streaming on Dailymotion will be posted when they are available.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
2019 Skate Ontario NYSA Summer Competition live streaming links (Thursday's Senior/Junior events listed in Eastern time below):

Rink 1: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7fu2p5

1:00 PM 2:05 PM Junior Rhythm Dance
2:05 PM 2:15 PM Senior Rhythm Dance
2:30 PM 4:05 PM Novice Men Short Program
4:20 PM 5:30 PM Senior Women Short Program
5:30 PM 6:35 PM Junior Men Short Program
6:50 PM 7:55 PM Senior Men Short Program
9:05 PM 9:50 PM Junior Pair Short Program
9:50 PM 10:15 PM Senior Pair Short Program

Rink 2: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7fu33c

4:00 PM 5:50 PM Junior Women Short Program- Group 1
6:05 PM 7:55 PM Junior Women Short Program- Group 2
8:10 PM 10:00 PM Junior Women Short Program- Group 3

ETA that event videos are being uploaded/archived: https://www.dailymotion.com/skateontario/videos

Last edited:

Colonel Green

I finally get to see Irina and Grayson's RD. That's super-fun (and full of a lot of classic bits of Carol Lane choreo, such as the car chase bit), though the ending has a bit of a problem what with the "no dying on the ice" rule preventing what would be the most naturalistic way to close that program.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
NORTH YORK SUMMER SKATE

Junior Rhythm Dance - skate order
  1. Shaelene Katrayan / Jordan Derochie Scarboro FSC/Scarboro FSC ON
  2. Erin Gillies / Joshua Tarry Mariposa WC/Mariposa WC ON
  3. Irina Galiyanova / Grayson Lochhead Scarboro FSC/Woodstock (ON) SC ON
  4. Victoria Verrelli / Liam Lewis CPA Gadbois/Scarboro FSC ON
  5. Olivia McIsaac / Corey Circelli Toronto CS & CC/Toronto CS & CC ON
  6. Virginy Guertin / Kameron Jeromkin CPA Les Lames D Argent De Laval Inc./CPA L QC
  7. Sophia Kagolovskaya / Kieran MacDonald Kitchener - Waterloo SC/Ayr SC ON
  8. Utana Yoshida / Shingo Nishiyama Toronto CS & CC/Toronto CS & CC ON
  9. Sara Buch-Weeke / Nicolas Woodcock Mariposa School of Skating/Barrie SC ON
  10. Natalie D'Alessandro / Bruce Waddell Toronto CS & CC/Toronto CS & CC ON
  11. Nadiia Bashynska / Peter BeaumontScarboro FSC/Scarboro FSC ON

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Thanks in advance for any and all pbp! (I work in an open-plan office, so it's hard to sneakily watch the live stream at my desk ;) )

victorskid

NORTH YORK SUMMER SKATE

Junior Rhythm Dance - unofficial results (as heard on the live stream):
  1. D'Alessandra/Waddell - 61.17
  2. Bashynska/Beaumont - 61.08
  3. Galiyanova/Lochhead - 56.59
  4. McIsaac/Circelli - 51.01
  5. Kagolovskaya/MacDonald - 50.??
  6. Yoshida/Nishiyama - 43.8
  7. Buch-Weeke/Woodcock - 43.61
  8. Katrayan/Derochie - 42.06
  9. Guertin/Jeromkin - 32.71
Edited to add the protocols: https://skateontario.org/results/19S2/19S2JuniorDanceRDDRO.pdf

Senior Rhythm Dance - skate order
1. Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs Scarboro FSC/Scarboro FSC ON

Last edited:

victorskid

NORTH YORK SUMMER SKATE

Unoffical Senior Rhythm Dance result - Lanaghan/Razgulajevs 64.11

Edited to add protocols: https://skateontario.org/results/19S2/19S2SeniorDanceRDDRO.pdf

Ice resurfacing will be followed by the Novice Men Short Program - here's the skate order:
  1. Joshua Dore Gloucester Skating Club ON [sadly, the camera person was still on break for part of his skate so we only saw what he did in front of the fixed camera :( ]
  2. Keita Takatori North York Skating Academy ON
  3. Daniel Kreft Minto SC ON
  4. Daniel Tang Thornhill FSC ON
  5. Armand Koretskyy North York Skating Academy ON
  6. Daniel Nazdrynau Richmond Training Centre ON
  7. Jackson Ellis Granite Club ON
  8. Tsubura Takashima Toronto CS & CC ON
  9. Gurshan Riarh Minto SC ON
  10. John Kim Hamilton SC ON
  11. Nathaniel Cooper Thornhill FSC ON
  12. Evan Prosserman Granite Club ON
  13. Jesse Wang Milton SC ON
  14. David Bondar Thornhill FSC ON
  15. Brandon Mar YRSA WC ON
  16. Christian Nainer Skate Oakville ON

Last edited:

Colonel Green

The RDs of all notable teams:

Galiyanova/Lochhead - "How 'Bout A Dance?" and then a long instrumental section (Bonnie & Clyde). Lots of acting moments in this, and the return of the car chase bit from Piper & Paul's Bond free dance is good for a nostalgia hit. Well-skated here. As mentioned above, the "no dying on the ice" rule is a bit of a hindrance here.

McIsaac/Circelli - "I'd Rather Be Blue" and "Don't Rain On My Parade" (Funny Girl). Not their best effort, by any stretch, kind of lacking in energy in many places.

Kagolovskaya/MacDonald - "Lullaby of Broadway" and "42nd Street" (42nd Street). Good effort from them.

Yoshida/Nishiyama - "I Can Do That" and "One" (A Chorus Line). Disastrous opening where he stumbles (right after the line "knew every step right off the bat"), then she falls on her butt on nothing and misses the entire first twizzle set. They rally admirably after that.

Buch-Weeke/Woodcock - "You And Me" (Victoria/Victoria); and "Puttin' on the Ritz", used in many musicals, including one of the same name. This is the new Danish/Canadian junior team representing Denmark, who just teamed up a few months ago. They skate the program nicely, but obviously they're just getting started, seeing as they place below the Japanese.

D'Alessandro/Waddell - "He Loves and She Loves" (Funny Face, the 1927 musical, not the Astaire/Hepburn movie that ditched almost everything from its source), "Le Jazz Hot" (Victor/Victoria). The heirs apparent to the throne at last appear, and judging from their big score despite Bruce clearly looking not-quite-his-best (I'm guessing he was indeed injured for a bit, and that's why we didn't see them at Minto despite Natalie being there), they're on course to get where they want to go.

Bashynska/Beaumont - "Getting to Know You" and "Shall We Dance?" (The King and I). These two are definitely the most-improved over last season, and having seen them skate this program three times already, they have the best pattern of any of the Canadian juniors, I think. They really float through it in a way that feels effortless. Narrowly behind D/W in the standings. I wonder if the ending pose couldn't be made a bit more dramatic.

---

Lanaghan/Razgulajevs - "Money" (Cabaret) and "Big Spender" (Sweet Charity). Our lone senior team here (and thus the easy winners), nicely skated program, maybe not as intricate as you might expect a Fosse tribute from Carol Lane and Juris Razgulajevs to look.

victorskid

Thanks in advance for any and all pbp! (I work in an open-plan office, so it's hard to sneakily watch the live stream at my desk ;) )

Sorry - I really can't do pbp but I'm trying to provide skate orders as I see them & results as I hear them ;)

victorskid

NORTH YORK SUMMER SKATE
Novice Men SP - Unofficial results after the first two groups:

1. Kim - 50.0
  2. Tang - 36.06
  3. Nazdrynau - 34.34
  4. Dore - 30.5
  5. Ellis - 28.85
  6. Takatori - 27.2
  7. Kreft - 26.53
  8. Riarh - 26.43
  9. Takshima - 19.01
Five left to skate; warm-up under way.

Sylvia

TBD
John Kim (PN1 at Challenge and Canada Winter Games last season) had an excellent SP with 3S/3T, 3L, 2a all looking good.
He also won the North American Challenge Cup Novice silver medal at Skate Milwaukee back in July.

Thanks for keeping track of the withdrawals and the unofficial scores, @victorskid. :)

ETA the replay video of the Novice Men SP:

Last edited:

victorskid

NORTH YORK SUMMER SKATE
Novice Men SP - Unofficial results:
  1. Kim - 50.0
  2. Tang - 36.06
  3. Nainer - 34.47
  4. Nazdrynau - 34.34
  5. Mar - 32.8
  6. Bondar - 31.9
  7. Dore - 30.5
  8. Ellis - 28.85
  9. Takatori - 27.2
  10. Kreft - 26.53
  11. Riarh - 26.43
  12. Cooper - 26.24
  13. Wang - 24.67
  14. Takashima - 19.01
Edited to add protocols: https://skateontario.org/results/19S2/19S2NoviceMenSPDRO.pdf

Ice resurfacing. Senior women event - 4:20 p.m.

Last edited:

victorskid

NORTH YORK SUMMER SKATE

Senior Women SP - Skate order (two groups of 5):
  1. Kylie Tait Toronto CS & CC ON
  2. Olivia Farrow Skate Oakville ON
  3. Gabrielle Daleman Granite Club
  4. Emma Dinda Skate Oakville ON
  5. Kaitlyn Sims Canadian Ice Academy ON
  6. Amber Brennan Minto SC QC
  7. Michelle Long Richmond Training Centre ON
  8. Kirstie Snider New Hamburg SC ON
  9. Ashley Goodliff North York Skating Academy ON
  10. Reagan Scott Richmond Training Centre ON

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I can’t watch right now so I’d love to hear how ladies do.

honey

Kylie Tait

Backless black dress, with long sleeves and black tights. Red Accents

2A, fall, rotation suspect (but my stream is fuzzy AF right now, so who knows)
2S+3T<<, two feet
3F<<, fall. She got lots of height, but didn't start rotating until way past the top of the jump.

honey

I'm having all kinds of stream problems...apple tv won't play it anymore, laptop won't either.:huh:

Sylvia

TBD
And Daleman isn't even skating! I want to see Michelle Long and Reagan Scott though. :(

ETA that 2019 Junior bronze medalist Reagan Scott WD.

Last edited:

victorskid

All I hear is what appears to be background music in the arena. I periodically see someone skating but have no idea what they are skating to, sometimes it is speeded up - perhaps it's the replay, who knows!!! No idea of scores 😢

The final skater in the first group is about to begin her program.. meanwhile the sound track announced the score for Olivia Farrow (50.21)!!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I just got home, earlier than expected. The stream is playing in slow motion. I really wanted to see how Michelle Long is looking ahead of her international return. I hope it will work properly soon...

ETA the stream just really sped up super duper fast LOL so maybe things will even out soon.

victorskid

I've only got a black screen with the spinning/flashing white dot :(

shutterbug

The ads are playing well. :lol: Looks like we have something going on Rink 1 now. Rink 2 still offline.

Edit: :rofl: Novice men SP on Rink 1 now....

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
From the stream that is still playing in what is a very odd slow motion style I can tell that Michelle Long landed a triple sal double toe combo and her double axel. And I think that was a clean triple loop but it's hard to tell and now she's doing her flying camel.
ETA she later fell randomly but I can't tell if it was during her step sequence or not.

euterpe

I can't get the stream to work on CHROME, funny because the ones from Minto and Quebec worked just fine.

victorskid

No luck on Edge or Firefox - just the black screen with the flashing white dot :(

It was working just fine earlier - I guess the women broke it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information