2019 NFL

Cachoo

Without even reading it, I'm sure Brady and his people will say "it's not about the money," but we all know it is! He wants top $$ to be mediocre I guess! Brady got tired of his wife making more for all these years! Some sucker/owner will throw a mountain of cash at him, but we'll see how that works for them outside of the PR! :duh:

I disagree with this and I'm not a big Brady fan. When the Patriots did not pick up a good to great receiver in free agency he knew he had to fly. This is not about money; it is about being appreciated and Bill B. was never one known for his warmth or even trying to meet what I believe are reasonable demands for a stand-out receiving core. When the Patriots did not pick up Stefon Diggs in free agency Tom made an announcement that he was leaving.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
He made the announcement before he had another deal lined up and risked not getting a deal at all or at least not an acceptable one. I see his announcement as more of a big FU to Belichick.

Cachoo

He made the announcement before he had another deal lined up and risked not getting a deal at all or at least not an acceptable one. I see his announcement as more of a big FU to Belichick.

Yes..that is a risk although the talking heads are talking about offers from the Bucs and the Chargers. I think Belichick should have worked harder to keep him. But who knows the details of their relationship? And I do give Bill some credit for understanding Brady's limitations at this age.

Fiero425

I disagree with this and I'm not a big Brady fan. When the Patriots did not pick up a good to great receiver in free agency he knew he had to fly. This is not about money; it is about being appreciated and Bill B. was never one known for his warmth or even trying to meet what I believe are reasonable demands for a stand-out receiving core. When the Patriots did not pick up Stefon Diggs in free agency Tom made an announcement that he was leaving.

Oh I agree Brady probably didn't feel appreciated by Belichick, but along with that lack of appreciation came with "indifference" by his coach even with his Super Bowl resume! It was no secret Bill wanted Tom gone years ago which is why he hasn't done much to upgrade the team! He's not exactly sabotaging the Patriots, but BB isn't doing "ALL" he can to get them to win! They've been winning with "smoke and mirrors" for years and it finally caught up with them this past season losing 4 games to better teams; and they weren't even close! Tom and his team looked broken down by the time they lost the final regular season game to Miami! Bill was probably hoping Tom would retire, but everyone knows there's $$ to be made with some "sucker" owner willing to mortgage the team's future with PR of having Brady as QB for a season or 2 (ala Montana or Manning)! The same situation was occurring in GB with Favre and Rodgers waiting in the wings! Bret just didn't know when to give it up and used his last few years in the league trying to "get back" at GB! What an A-hole! Brady's little better! He could still play for NE, but he's tired of BB's treatment and not getting compensated for it! QB's who've never been in the playoffs were making more! I understand him, but like any pro, "it's about the money" too, not just winning! :duh:

Teamgracie

I liked the comment I saw somewhere that how could he announce this on st. Paddy’s day. That made me laugh. If you are from Southie you’ll get it. Sad to see him go but not surprised.

Cachoo

Do you know the hell of all of this for me? I wouldn't be the least bit interested without the coronavirus. I would be deep into college basketball conference championships and Selection Sunday followed quickly by the World Figure Skating Championships. Sigh. I do love the strategy both off of the field and on the field in football but the subject takes a back seat to hoops and figure skating in March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information