2019 NFL

Fiero425

Wow Tennessee beat the Patriots and now steamrolling Baltimore!

IF KC is able to get thru, they'll have home field advantage playing Tenn. instead of going to Baltimore! "Congrats!" ;-)

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
Ugh, I can’t believe the Ravens lost. Oh well, I will be in the beach in Jamaica on Superbowl Sunday so now I don’t care about watching the game. although the beachfront tailgate party isn’t bad!

Fiero425

Ugh, I can’t believe the Ravens lost. Oh well, I will be in the beach in Jamaica on Superbowl Sunday so now I don’t care about watching the game. although the beachfront tailgate party isn’t bad!

Well you missed a good one today! KC Chiefs got down by a score of 24-0 with dropped passes and a demoralized defense, but somehow they turned it around! It began with a fake punt decision by Houston which failed, then there was a long run back on a kick-off that ignited the whole team! The comeback was complete with 7 straight TD's, a stiffening of the defense, and desperation of the Texans! They stopped running the ball and gave their QB little help with drops and an inability to get open for him! ;-)

Rob

Beach Bum
Well you missed a good one today! KC Chiefs got down by a score of 24-0 with dropped passes and a demoralized defense, but somehow they turned it around! It began with a fake punt decision by Houston which failed, then there was a long run back on a kick-off that ignited the whole team! The comeback was complete with 7 straight TD's, a stiffening of the defense, and desperation of the Texans! They stopped running the ball and gave their QB little help with drops and an inability to get open for him! ;-)
I did see that, what a 2nd quarter. Crazy. Of course my nephews live in Houston so I’m the jinx rooting for Vikings, Ravens, Texans.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Not a fan of Kansas City, but really like the amazing q-back that Mahomes is, so happy for them I suppose. And definitely rooting for Green Bay against the Seahawks.

Cachoo

I knew with Mahomes my Chiefs would have a chance to come back but to do it in one quarter was shocking. Houston certainly helped with mistakes: That first half was a roller coaster ride.

Fiero425

I knew with Mahomes my Chiefs would have a chance to come back but to do it in one quarter was shocking. Houston certainly helped with mistakes: That first half was a roller coaster ride.

The coach might be a casualty! Houston just looked bad going down in flames! They were shell shocked and obviously desperate going for a fake punt in their own territory so early in the game! Desperation can occur anywhere; HELL NE did it years ago against the Colts and Manning! Brady failed as well with a straight up dropped pass/errant throw (I can't remember) on their own 20 yard line on the 4th DOWN!

I've been a fan of KC going back to when Marty Sch. took over as coach! I miss those days; esp. the rivalry with Oakland at the time! I'd already bought a hat back in the 70's (just liked it as a kid even though from Chgo.)! They've had so many good teams over the years, but usually find a way to blow it when it counted in the playoffs! That track meet with no punts against Indy/Manning was the most ridiculous since the KC defense allowed a non-running team to "work them" that day! Still a little verklempt over Derrick! I'm praying Reed can lead them to a SB this time! I'll be holding my breath until the final gun; even 1 sec.'s too long if the opposition has a chance! ;-(

Rob

Beach Bum
I've been a fan of KC going back to when Marty Sch. took over as coach!
Dumbest thing Dan Snyder did (and he's done a lot of dumb things) was firing Marty Sch. (8-8 season) to go after Steve Spurrier. He should have let Marty have control.

Fiero425

Dumbest thing Dan Snyder did (and he's done a lot of dumb things) was firing Marty Sch. (8-8 season) to go after Steve Spurrier. He should have let Marty have control.

Owners like Al Davis (RIP), Dan Snyder, & Jerry Jones can't give up control! That's how they got to where they are/were by being "hands on!" Davis got away with it taking on star veterans; even though undisciplined, he squeaked out some SB wins years ago! The Redskins have been a laughingstock since it was sold to Snyder! Jones has sabotaged his own team year after year going on 25 years of futility! Even with Bill Parcell, something must have been going on to cause them to drop early playoff games with tons of talent on both sides of the ball! Nothing was more insane than firing Jimmy Johnson after winning their 2nd SB back in '93! All this over who should receive the credit? Total derangement syndrome down there in Dallas! ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Susan1

Watching Game 1 of the Playoffs. Niners are doing well. Since they are my team, I'm happy.
I don't pay attention to football anymore (since the Bengals are not good), but I've been a 49ers fan since the 80's (Dwight Clark!). I actually put on my sweatshirt and watched the game Saturday. Yay!!

I just noticed that they play Green Bay next. Good grief. I don't even remember what year, but I went to Kroger on a Sunday morning wearing my 49ers sweatshirt (under an open coat) and on the way to the car, a guy walking into the store wearing a Packers hoodie and I growled at each other (and then laughed). They were playing each other that afternoon. The 49ers lost.

When the Bengals and 49ers played each other in the Superbowl in 1989, I wore my Bengals sweatshirt to work that Friday (Superbowl carry-in) and I wore my 49ers jersey (it doesn't fit anymore, but I didn't get rid of it) to my parents' house to watch the game. I also won $64 in the pool where you buy squares and then they put the scores on the sides, so I didn't care who won.

Fiero425

KC started off shaky against Tenn. in the AFC CG, but got their act together down 0-10 to end the HALF 21-17 at home, getting the ball 1st after HT! :respec:

Fiero425

KC to Super Bowl. Packers don't look good.

OMG, GB looking like "pretenders" after taking #2 seed late in the season! My pathetic Bears didn't help by giving them 2 victories with less than stellar efforts! Mahomes could have been our QB here in Chicago and he worked us too! :duh:

Susan1

Niners in the Super Bowl. Whee!
Woo-hoo! I had already put my pajamas and robe on because I just took out the trash in a 2* windchill. After they didn't score on the first drive, during the commercial I went in and got my 49ers sweatshirt and put it on the arm of the chair by the t.v. for inspiration. :) It worked.

Spiralgraph

Well since the Patriots were eliminated a couple of weeks ago, I'll root for the 49ers and Jimmy G. But that Mahomes guy is very good so no way am I sure which team is going to win.

Cachoo

Gee, the last time the Chief's were in the SB we watched on a little black and white television. Btw....Chiefs Nation is head-over-heels in love with Patrick Mahomes.

jenny12

Rooting for the Niners in the Super Bowl. I like Patrick Mahomes by that stupid Tomahawk Chop the Kansas City Chiefs fans do really puts me off.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Very happy for the KC Chiefs. It has been a long wait for their fans. I went to undergraduate school in Kansas but never warmed up to the Chiefs (I have been a Cowboys fan forever). Still I am happy that they finally made it to the Superbowl. I will be rooting for them. I never cared for the 49rs. I wonder what the Patriots are thinking now? They let their backup QB to SF and now he is probably going to be a SB champion, while they got eliminated in the first playoff game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information