2019 Broadmoor Open (June 25-29), Peggy Fleming Trophy (6/28) & Aerial Challenge (6/29)

Sylvia

TBD
Host club's event page: http://broadmoorskatingclub.com/events/broadmoor/

There apparently is no live stream to buy this year. :( Results usually are not published until after the competition is over.

Tuesday events:

Junior Ladies FS A (won by Isabeau Levito with a score of 103, 2nd Emilea Zingas 91) & B qualifying (top 2: Noelle Rosa 97, Jessica Lin 91)
Senior Ladies FS A qualifying group includes: Alysa Liu, Young You (KOR), Brynne McIsaac, [WD: Ashley Lin (still listed with Dallas FSC)], Sarah Jung, Alyssa Rich...

Senior Ladies B A qualifying group includes: Hanna Harrell, Yi Christy Leung (HKG), Pooja Kalyan, Akari Nakahara, Sierra Venetta, Akane Eguchi, Katie McBeath...

If I hear any more news and/or results tonight I will post.

Local article (June 19): https://gazette.com/cheyenneedition...10963730-8ebe-11e9-8cf7-2f46844c2c62.amp.html
The Second Annual Peggy Fleming Trophy will be awarded for excellence in artistic performance. The event will be limited to 18 senior men and ladies entries. Both men and ladies will compete together in the same event for the trophy and a $3,000 first-place prize. Silver will receive $2,000 and Bronze $1,000) in podium positions.
The focus will be on the skater’s ability to artistically express and present a complete composition while demonstrating technical skills. Performances will be scored based on both a minimum technical framework and five specially defined components (skating skills and technique, composition, interpretation, performance and overall artistic/creative value) evaluating the artistry of each program and skater.
I heard Jason Brown has entered the Peggy Fleming Trophy that's scheduled to take place on Friday night.

Last edited:

natsulian

Thank you so much. I cannot wait to see Pooja's new programs. Girl has SOOO much artistry. Also, I wonder if Isabeau has a consistent 3Lz since she said she would be working on that.

EDIT: Alysa landed a 4Lz+2T and 4Lz in her program today --> https://www.instagram.com/p/BzJ_DpuFMZs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

EDIT 2: Young You landed several 3A's during the 5 minute warm up, but did not land one during her actual program.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Here's who qualified for the Senior Ladies SP Final on Thursday/FS Final on Friday (all I got for tonight):

Senior Ladies FS A top 6:
Liu 142.72 (84 TES; was told she fell on first 3A, landed second 3A), You 130.02, Jung 112, Rich 100, Sonja Hilmer 81, McIsaac 80

Senior Ladies FS B top 6:
Harrell 122.47, Leung 101, Venetta 90, Eguchi 87, Kalyan 85, Paige Rydberg 81

For those who didn't qualify for the final round and/or entered this event separately), the "SP Only" event is Wednesday.

ETA on Wednesday:

Apparently the next highest 2 scores also qualify for the Final (Stephanie Ciarochi 7th in B not listed in SP Final starting order), Samantha Appleton-Sackett (8th in B), Akari Nakahara (9th in B).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/1144065978709491713
Karen Chen won the SP Only event at Broadmoor Open tonight with 76.04 points, landing a clean triple lutz-triple toe. "Karen is back. She's in a good place, skating for her own reasons, passion and love for the sport," coach Tammy Gambill said earlier today.
I heard Karen also landed 2A & 3Lo cleanly and that Amber Glenn (65.24) landed 3F+3T, 2A & 3Lo for 2nd.

Dobre

Wait, she's going to be going for a 2-3A, 2-4Lz FP this season?

Well, we don't really know yet. She's obviously working on it, but often early season competitions are for trying things out. Impossible to know what format she will use in the long run. Last year, she went for two axels during the summer and she kept two axels. But she only went for the quad lutz in one event. They seemed to know at the time that it was not the focus. This year it does seem to be. We wait & see.

RoseRed

Wait, she's going to be going for a 2-3A, 2-4Lz FP this season? I don't know whether to be :yikes:or
:cheer:
Will she even make it to 2022?
This can't be her actual layout, because she's zayaking (which the tech panel ignored :rolleyes:). She can't repeat the 3A, 4Lz and 3Lz like she did here.

She could just switch the 2nd 3Lz for a 3Lo, but she might also drop the 2nd 4Lz.

natsulian

I’m thinking she should do: 3A+3T, 4Lz, 3A, 3Lo, 3Lz+Eu+3S, 2A, and 3F+3T. However, more realistically, she’ll do 3A+3T, 4Lz+2T, 3A, 3Lz+Eu+3S, 3Lz, and 3F.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Im getting quite excited for the new season!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

If Alisa's body can hold out I see her as National Champion for quite some time.... Just want to see all the improvements from Bradie..... a clean 3 lutz/3loop could be her weapon if Liu has URs on these axels and quads.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Isabeau is so cute, and so fired up. She has such a deep knee bend on the landing of her jumps. Is that going to hold her in good stead as she progresses? Speed is impossible to judge on video, but she looked like she was zooming around there.

Sylvia

TBD
Isabeau is so cute, and so fired up. She has such a deep knee bend on the landing of her jumps. Is that going to hold her in good stead as she progresses? Speed is impossible to judge on video, but she looked like she was zooming around there.
What video are you referring to?

Sylvia

TBD
Is there a place with the starting orders?
No. We have to rely on what's shared by people at the rink.

Thursday starting orders that were sent to me (* = currently listed in USFS' ISP; 2019 Nationals placements added):

Senior Ladies SP final round (14):
Paige Rydberg, *Pooja Kalyan (S-wd), Samantha Appleton-Sackett, Brynne McIsaac (S11), Sonja Hilmer, *Akari Nakahara (S10), Alyssa Rich (J10) // *Hanna Harrell (S4), Akane Eguchi (J11), Young You (KOR), Sierra Venetta (S12), Yi Christy Leung (HKG), *Alysa Liu (S1), Sarah Jung (J4)

Senior Men SP starting order (3):
Emmanuel Savary (S11), Jimmy Ma (S10), Ben Jalovick (S18)

Junior Ladies SP final round (12):
*Aubrey Ignacio (N2), Maryn Pierce, Alena Budko (N7), Sunny Choi, Nicole Chong, Tiffany Pennella // Ellen Slavicek, Ariela Masarsky, Noelle Rosa (J7), Jessica Lin, Emilea Zingas, Isabeau Levito (Int2)

Junior Men SP (11):
Maxim Zharkov, Wesley Chiu (CAN N1), *Eric Prober (N6), *Lucas Altieri (J5), Matthew Cangelose // Daniel Argueta (N10), *Liam Kapeikis (N5), Seth Kurogi, *William Annis (N1), *Matthew Nielsen (N2), Chase Finster (J12)

Last edited:

Tavi

No guarantees this works or is safe, but I found this live stream link on Facebook by searching Broadmoor Open

ETA I’m deleting the link bc it seems like it could be a scam and I don’t want to kill this website. You can check it out for yourself by going to FB and searching Broadmoor Open.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
No guarantees this works or is safe, but I found this live stream link on Facebook by searching Broadmoor Open
Pretty sure that's fake (there are also fake streams listed on YT); don't want to "create an account" to find out.

Tavi

Pretty sure that's fake (there are also fake streams listed on YT); don't want to "create an account" to find out.

Thanks yeah just deleted bc it seemed to turn my phone into molasses so figured it was scam and maybe dangerous.

Tinami Amori

Wait, she's going to be going for a 2-3A, 2-4Lz FP this season? I don't know whether to be :yikes:or
:cheer:
Will she even make it to 2022?
I understand it is a reasonable concern, but why start with an assumption that "her glass will be half-empty by 2022"?

Here we have a girl who is going all the way, trying to perform the most difficult jumps, she learned a quad in 3 months, she is landing some of them.. She is taking risks, has the most difficult content of all US Ladis (sr. and jr.), she is trying them out in a programme...... I say "Wonder Girl", one of a kind.... :cheer2:

Sylvia

TBD
Credit to @YukiNieve for posting a link to that Twitter account in this thread (post #10). Broadmoor Open protocols usually are not made available to the public so the sheets tweeted by "zuchilles" are a bonus this year. (@RoseRed, looks like the tech. panel is still in "early season mode" ;) ... I totally missed that!)

Replying to @Stephanie here:
Just noticed from the Broadmoor protocols that Alena Budko has jumped up from novice to senior (although she could be skating up for some reason)!
Budko (skated up and placed 3rd in the Senior Ladies SP Only event yesterday) qualified for the Junior Ladies final round (post #24).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information