2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

Nmsis

French Juniors

Loïcia Demougeot / Théo Le Mercier
SD : Your feet's too big / ??? (with freezes)
FD : Carmen :cheer2: (probably the only time I'm gonna chear about anyone skating on Carmen)

Lou Terreaux / Noé Perron
SD : My Girl / Hey Joe
FD : Odin by Skald / God's Whisper by Raury / Decimator by Two Steps from Hell

Marie Dupayage / Thomas Nabais
SD : Singing in the Rain
FD : Be Sensational by Jeanne Added / F.U.Y.A by C2C ((y) for the music)

Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX
SD : Singing in the Rain
FD : Come, Gentle Night by Abel Korzeniowski / Rue des Cascades by Yann Tiersen

Eva BERNARD / Tom JOCHUM
SD : You've got a friend in me / ??
FD : Harry Potter

Emily Bratti / Mathieu Couyras
SD : ?
FD : Peaceful Perfection by Richard Allen Harvey / November by Max Richter

VGThuy

I guess a lot of choreographers choose more modern covers of songs because of the sound production values being updated. Or it's usually slower, cafe, acoustic versions that are much easier to skate to...but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Ka3sha

Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitrii Kozlovskii
LP: James Bond soundtrack

Cayuse

I swear this music will be a warhorse soon after Nathan skated to it :rolleyes:
Shpilband thought he'd branch out and pick something not on his rolodex. Let's see, what was a well received piece of music used by a top skater at the Olympics no less?

aftershocks

Banned Member
If it works, it works. I'd be more concerned about poor edits and bad choreo than good music selection that someone else originated and everybody wants to use because it's d*mn good... Just sayin'

Tokio Myers' Bloodstream, is another case in point -- great music that a number of skaters are choosing to use.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Lajoie & Lagha should get some "I skated to 'Nemesis' before it was cool" t-shirts.

Make that "I skated to 'Nemesis' Before Nathan 'Rocketman' Chen made it cool"

On the back of the t-shirt, it should say: "Benjamin Clementine Rocks!"

Where are other cool Clementine selections being used for figure skating?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ4mFaI17pk I Won't Complain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RD--wy5534&list=PL6j_DM-mU1BaerM0GWyCyxLtZ7sazgcvq&index=7 Jupiter

Dobre

Nor do I think it is anywhere near one now. (Popular, yes). I have found that I have a hard time appreciating the versions I have seen since Nathan debuted his. It is hard when you have a certain athlete's style of movement in your head associated strongly with a piece of music. Probably if Khudaberdieva & Nazarov had skated it without my having seen Nathan's, I would have appreciated the program more. But they probably wouldn't have skated it without Nathan's program having been so successful. And there is the catch 22 with using a piece that becomes strongly identified with a specific athlete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information