2019/20 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & Alternates thread

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Even with all the scratches, Miyahara, Scher and Tuk are favorites to medal, with You the possible spoiler. But I wish another Japanese lady could be added, are they still maxed out?

oleada

Even with all the scratches, Miyahara, Scher and Tuk are favorites to medal, with You the possible spoiler. But I wish another Japanese lady could be added, are they still maxed out?
No, they could be assigned to CoC, there's only 2 Japanese ladies there after Mihara's withdrawal. I'm not sure who could be assigned as Honda & Miyahara are already there; Sakamoto, Higuchi, Yokoi, Yamashita, Shiraiwa, all have two events.

ETA: I just checked and I don't think any Japanese ladies are even on the alternate list.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Theoretically, Shiika Yoshioka should be between Courtney Hicks and Emmi Peltonen, and I keep forgetting to put her on my list, but I'm not even sure if she has been competing this season...

ETA- looks like she won her regionals in Junior in early October with a score of 157 (thanks Sylvia), but not sure if she has senior programs ready?

denise3lz

Shiika Yoshioka is only competing as Junior skater domestically this season
and couldn't qualify to 9 member of JGP team. and the team was weakest ever

She won a summer competition over a JGP member in August,
so there were fan talk that she should be added to sub list
(and eventually JSF threw away 2 slot of JGP#7)
but Senior GP is far beyond.

ETA:
Best K&C reaction award from 2018 JGP

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

What's up with the Japanese Skating Federation?!?!?!

I still can't believe a talented skater like Ayaka Hosoda hasn't at least been given a Challenger Series event, and by now, could be preparing for the Cup Of China.

She skated a fantastic free program at the Aurora Games in August which included two triple axels, for heaven's sake.

Sheeesh.

RoseRed

What's up with the Japanese Skating Federation?!?!?!

I still can't believe a talented skater like Ayaka Hosoda hasn't at least been given a Challenger Series event, and by now, could be preparing for the Cup Of China.

She skated a fantastic free program at the Aurora Games in August which included two triple axels, for heaven's sake.

Sheeesh.
She doesn't have a SB from last season, so no. Even if she had done a CS event this year, she would not be on the replacement list.

Sylvia

TBD
I still can't believe a talented skater like Ayaka Hosoda hasn't at least been given a Challenger Series event
She wasn't included on the National team :( (CORRECTION: she is in Team A for her 8th place finish at Nationals) and won her Regional with just okay scores and jump content (aside from 3A): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...eason-news-updates.105719/page-6#post-5672490

ETA: I do believe Hosoda deserved at least one ISU Challenger Series assignment and don't know why she didn't get one.

Last edited:

Dobre

Yelim Kim [KOR] could (should) be added. She’s at the top of the sub list with SB 24.

And Yelim has been the top non-Russian lady on the sub list all season. She also won silver at Nebelhorn and is SB 26 on this year's SB list (above the likes of Eunsoo, Higuchi, and Honda).

Foolhardy Ham Lint

She doesn't have a SB from last season, so no. Even if she had done a CS event this year, she would not be on the replacement list.

A shame really. Hosoda skated really well at Japanese nationals last December. I would have been promoting this girl like crazy.

The Federation could have boosted her portfolio with some senior internationals at the end of last season.

Politics make this such a frustrating sport at times. So many great skaters just get forgotten.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Amber Glenn and Yujin Choi got CoC according to this site - https://m.weibo.cn/status/4433771396846294?
Congrats to those two! :cheer:

Seems like they went for skaters who didn't have an event the week before or after CoC....I am starting to really think Piredda, Hicks, Rajicova, and Brezinova aren't really up for consideration for one reason or another- possibly injury, retirement, or feds didn't submit their names? I know Piredda was originally slated for JGP and Hicks didn't compete until Regionals AFAIK. No idea what is going on with Rajicova.

Let the Yelim wuzrobbed party continue... :scream:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information