2019/20 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & Alternates thread

RoseRed

No if you look at her bio on ISU it says Tammy Gambill & MIE HAMADA
And if you look at her bio, it also says "Training location: Colorado Springs, USA". Mie Hamada comes to the US fairly often and brings Rika to walk in Colorado from what I've heard, so just because she works with Mie, that doesn't mean she spends a lot of time in Japan.

Samurina

And if you look at her bio, it also says "Training location: Colorado Springs, USA". Mie Hamada comes to the US fairly often and brings Rika to walk in Colorado from what I've heard, so just because she works with Mie, that doesn't mean she spends a lot of time in Japan.
In her video, she says she trains part-time in Korea, Japan, and the USA. (so we were all right) Now, who do you think will replace Mihara at CoC?

J

Jeschke

Per the entry list on the ISU site, Mallet has replaced Cotop at SCI.
Help me, which were the other alternative host pick chocies besides Mallet?
My brain is not working right now.

Was there no one else (with decent level) they could give a chance for the big stage?

Colonel Green

Was there no one else (with decent level) they could give a chance for the big stage?
Hannah Dawson would have been the only other real candidate, and she had a rough time at the US Classic (granted, it's Salt Lake City, but all the same). Mallet just had the best senior competition of a Canadian lady thus far this season, and she's competition-ready, so I expect that's why they chose her.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
For Canada, these are the summer comp scores (and fall intl in parentheses)- bold are the other skaters who theoretically could have been chosen. Skaters in italics had a JGP event and wouldn't be eligible. Pineault, Cotop, and Mallet were selected so I left them in normal font. The requirements for international assignments as published on their page require a certain score from 2019 Nationals, which most of these skaters didn't meet, so sadly a few of them were excluded from all assignments so far. I am curious to see how some of the less heralded skaters score at their sectionals and internationals...the scoring so far this season and struggles by the favorites shows that we could be in for some upsets at Nationals.

Aurora Cotop 167
Veronik Mallet (Skate Canada 161)
Emily Bausback 161 (JGP 158)
Kaiya Ruiter 158 (JGP 159)

Kim Decelles 158
Hannah Dawson 157 (USFS Intl 138)
Michelle Long 154 (Autumn 149)
Madeline Schizas 152

Alicia Pineault 152 (USFS Intl 138)
Sarah-Maude Blanchard 152
Alison Schumacher (JGP 151)

barbarafan

I would think so.....and this is the only event some good girls could go to as Skate Canada hasn't sent them to get international mins......"EggsinonebasketSlipchuck"

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Upated sub list-
AZE Vladimir LITVINTSEV (RC)
AUS Brendan KERRY (SC)
GER Paul FENTZ (SC)
GEO Irakli MAYSURADZE (none)
RUS Alexey EROKHOV (none)
JPN Sota YAMAMOTO (NHK)
CAN Conrad ORZEL (NHK)
JPN Mitsuki SUMOTO (none)
ARM Slavik Hayrapteyan (none)
CAN Bennet Toman (none)

(below that- J Yee, L Britschgi, J Ma)

seabm7

Elizabet posted an instagram in Russian. It looks like she's giving up Grand Prix events due to her injury, but I'm not an Russian expert. Could someone confirm?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Elizabet posted an instagram in Russian. It looks like she's giving up Grand Prix events due to her injury, but I'm not an Russian expert. Could someone confirm?

Right. Once she'll recover she'll start working on her parts in Averbukh's shows that will take place in AlmaAty on 16-17/12.

Hope it means she plans to compete in 4CC/Worlds (doesn't say explicitly anything)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm sorry for Tursy, but chronic back injuries can be career ending for skaters. I do hope to see her at 4CC and Worlds because she finally reached her full potential at last season's events.

Colonel Green

With Tursynbaeva out and Daleman nowhere near her best, the "Worlds medal but no Grand Prix medal" club will retain its full membership for another season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information