2018 US Pairs- who should have won?

Who should have won 2018 Nationals based on the skates put out?

• Total voters

rfisher

Let the skating begin
None of the teams skated clean, but I think the results were fair. The Knierims quad twist was good and apart from the SBS jumps their elements are OK to good. It was good to see Kayne/O'Shea almost back to full speed, but they aren't there yet. Cain/Leduc's free skate was good, but the short was problematic. So, all things considered, I think the top three were correct.

chachacha

None of the teams skated clean, but I think the results were fair. The Knierims quad twist was good and apart from the SBS jumps their elements are OK to good. It was good to see Kayne/O'Shea almost back to full speed, but they aren't there yet. Cain/Leduc's free skate was good, but the short was problematic. So, all things considered, I think the top three were correct.
I think Alexa and Chris were winning no matter what. Deanna and Nate should be ahead of Tarah and Danny and I think Denney and Frazier should have been ahead of Tim and Ashley. Their is a big difference in Denney and Fraziers Pair elements and I'm thinking they have been sent a message from usfsa. It will be interesting to see how the inflated scores hold up at four c's and Worlds

slipchuk

Banned Member
I thought Kayne & O Shea definitely should have won. It was dissapointing to see that the Knierims could totaly mess up the SBS jumps and win easily when K&OS skated so very well, even if I think the Knierims at their best are better.

blue_idealist

I voted Knierims, but right after watching the event I thought K/O. It wouldn't have mattered though, Knierims would have been picked for the Olympics anyway and then there'd be another debate about leaving home a medallist of a certain colour.

oleada

I agree with the results.

The Knierims has error in the SBS jumps, but all their other elements are much stronger than the other teams. They have speed and amplitude in their elements.

K/O are expressive performers, but their throws are small, and their twist is weak. They also had errors - she messed up the second 2A and had a fall in the throw. Her skating skills are not very strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information