2018 ISU Challenger Series announced

barbarafan

1. The ISU streams all JGP competitions free on its YouTube channel.
2. Some Federations stream their Challenger Series events, but not all do. Some of them are free, some are not.
3. GP competitions are most easily available by paid stream or broadcast.

4. Most of the time people also find and share links free live streams (often from Russia, China etc) for Challenger and GP events. Two ways to find out about them are :

A. This website has information on competitions including info on free streams, where available:

http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com/tagged/how-to-watch

B. The competition forums here on FSU and on Golden Skate. Both require a paid subscription. Not sure what FSU costs. Golden Skate just started charging this year and the cost is pretty low. Each forum has threads for each comp where people trade links for live streams and the Admins usually provide links to the live scoring data.

With all live streams, you need to be careful of malware.

You should also be able to access live scoring results on the ISU and federation websites in pretty much real time, but links to the event pages aren’t usually available until near the time the competitions start.

Hope that helps.
Thank-you so much

A.H.Black

J

Jeschke

Last edited by a moderator:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I know the field for US Classic is always small, but is this the least it has been?

Does the pairs field qualify enough countries to count for points/standings this time?

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Skate Canada posted the Autumn Classic Canadian assignments.

Ladies:
Larkyn Austman
Alicia Pineault

Men:
Kevin Reynolds
Roman Sadovsky
Bennet Toman

Pairs:
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro
Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland

Dance:
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs

Interesting considering Weaver/Poje are skipping the grand prix series.

https://skatecanada.ca/event-schedule/#tab-31263c319f20cf01436

starrynight

Has Kaetlyn Osmond been announced for a Senior B? Maybe Skate Canada is wanting Weaver/Poje to do one in exchange for it sanctioning the Thank You Canada tour? (Or to entitle them to retain funding). But it sounds like things are 'business as usual' for Weaver/Poje, except they are just swapping out the GP for the more lucrative tour.

But I think with the changes to the judging system, it would not be wise in ice dance to go into the second half of the season without having the programs tested in front of judges.

With some of the fields wide open across several disciplines, I'll be wondering how things will shake out. I'm remembering back to 2014/2015 when Maxim Kovtun won both of his GPs and went into the GP Final the top ranked skater. We may get some anomalies this start of the season.

barbarafan

Skate Canada posted the Autumn Classic Canadian assignments.

Ladies:
Larkyn Austman
Alicia Pineault

Men:
Kevin Reynolds
Roman Sadovsky
Bennet Toman

Pairs:
Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland

Dance:
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs

Interesting considering Weaver/Poje are skipping the grand prix series.

https://skatecanada.ca/event-schedule/#tab-31263c319f20cf01436
It makes sense to feel out reaction on new programs and make changes now instread of after nationals.

Colonel Green

Has Kaetlyn Osmond been announced for a Senior B? Maybe Skate Canada is wanting Weaver/Poje to do one in exchange for it sanctioning the Thank You Canada tour? (Or to entitle them to retain funding). But it sounds like things are 'business as usual' for Weaver/Poje, except they are just swapping out the GP for the more lucrative tour.
I don't think it has anything to do with Skate Canada requiring it. Kaitlyn and Andrew have already announced that they'll be back for the second half of the season, so it makes sense that they're taking some preliminary steps to roadtest things before Nationals. Kaetlyn hasn't made any decisions about coming back for the rest of the season (or at all, period).

rinettoii

Many U.S. entries for the Challenger Series has been announced:

Ondrej Nepela:
Ladies - McBeath, Wessenberg
Men - Rabbitt
Pairs - Cain/LeDuc, Stellato/Bartholomay
Dance - McNamara/Carpenter

Autumn Classic:
Ladies - Andrews, Ma, Tennell
Men - Brown
Pairs - Calalang/Johnson, Denney/Frazier
Dance - Hawayek/Baker

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Skate Canada posted the Finlandia Assignments:

Ladies
Veronik Mallet

Men

Nicolas Nadeau

Pair

Ice Dance

Interesting that Moore-Towers/Marinaro and Soucisse/Firus are doing two Challenger events and two grand prix (unusual for Canadian skaters).

And the Nepela Trophy isn't listed on the Skate Canada site anymore so I guess no Canadians are going.

Dobre

Interesting that Moore-Towers/Marinaro and Soucisse/Firus are doing two Challenger events and two grand prix (unusual for Canadian skaters).

My interpretation over the past couple seasons is that Canada is open to sending athletes to two after they pass a certain scoring threshold. A lot of the top athletes probably don't want more than one pre-GP tune up, but it's wise for Soucisse & Firus. They could use the World Standing points--currently right outside the top 24 and no guarantee of a post season.

Alvyne

I wonder why Skate Canada is no giving Brasseur/Bardei any international assignments to get the minimums...

RoseRed

I wonder why Skate Canada is no giving Brasseur/Bardei any international assignments to get the minimums...
I think they don't always list the later challengers on the site and do sometimes send people, so we may still see them do a CS.

YukiNieve

Does anybody know if US International FS Classic is associated with an event for American junior/novice skaters this year like in the past?

YukiNieve

Thanks! I found the link but we will probably not know who will be there beforehand, I guess?

EmmaSklad

Many U.S. entries for the Challenger Series has been announced:

Ondrej Nepela:
Ladies - McBeath, Wessenberg
Men - Rabbitt
Pairs - Cain/LeDuc, Stellato/Bartholomay
Dance - McNamara/Carpenter

Autumn Classic:
Ladies - Andrews, Ma, Tennell
Men - Brown
Pairs - Calalang/Johnson, Denney/Frazier
Dance - Hawayek/Baker
Hello,
I didn't find entries for Ondrej Nepela trophy 2018.
Where I can see it? Thanks

A.H.Black

Thanks! I found the link but we will probably not know who will be there beforehand, I guess?
Nope. I'm told they don't plan to issue a list beforehand. We usually have to look at the starting orders posted on the wall of the rink in order to find out who is skating.

Dobre

Hello,
I didn't find entries for Ondrej Nepela trophy 2018.
Where I can see it? Thanks

The full list of entries hasn't been posted yet. Someone posted the U.S. entries because USFSA updated their own assignment page. We do know at least some of the competitors from Korea, Japan, and now the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information