2017 IAAF World Championships (Real) London

Lorac

And the 4x4 men GBR men get a bronze - but USA getting pipped by Trinidad and Tobago who take gold!!!

ilovepaydays

Not surprised that Trinidad and Tobago beat out the U.S. Heck, I'm surprised that Fred Kerley held off Great Britain. I think Fred Kerley was clearly burnt out from a long NCAA season. I think the long collegiate season affected Deejah Stevens and Ariana Washington as well.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Medals on the final day for France, Japan, Portugal, China, Mexico, Italy, Colombia, Russia, Brazil, Qatar, Syria, Croatia, Australia, Kenya, Netherlands, South Africa, Burundi, United States of America, Norway, Great Britain, Poland and Trinidad and Tobago. This is why athletics is the greatest, most global sport! :cheer:

algonquin

Really awful for the Canadian team that so many came down with the Norwalk virus. Train all year and your chances pretty much taken away by a stomach virus.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Really awful for the Canadian team that so many came down with the Norwalk virus. Train all year and your chances pretty much taken away by a stomach virus.

That started before the meet, De Grasse and Drouin being out due to injuries.

Still I think that many of their medal chances from 2015 just couldn't stand the pressure once again like at Rio (Shawn Barber, Damian Warner, Melissa Bishop) so this time it was a disappointing meet with zero medals but still many finalist placements.

Glad that Mexico closed the championships with two historic achievements, First ever medal for a mexican female race walker with Maria Guadalupe Gonzalez who took the silver medal just like she did in Rio one year ago, just beaten by ONE second by a chinese athlete. This former boxer is incredible and she should receive more attention and support in our country but she isn't getting the sponsors or media coverage, a bit unfair since she has won a medal at every possible major championship even the overall world cup for the 20 Km walk.

And second, Edgar Rivera who placed fourth in the Men's High Jump, clearing 2.29 for a second time at this championships setting a new PB but given he cleared on his third attempt he lost the bronze medal. Still a respectable result, first time a mexican has qualified to the final of this event. He is brother of Luis Rivera who won the bronze medal in the long jump at the 2013 Worlds

skatefan

Home in England
I've just seen the technical disqualification of Tom Bosworth GBR from the 20km walk - his reaction was just :fragile: :wuzrobbed

skatefan

Home in England
Gatlin says he was upset with the booing and apologises - kind of - as he doesn't actually admit outrigt to cheating http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-21/justin-gatlin-makes-first-public-apology-over-doping-past/

"If they wanted an official apology, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I apologise for any wrongdoings or any black eyes I brought onto the sport, I love the sport that's why I've come back to run and try to run to the best of my ability and for that I've worked hard to right my wrongs".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information