2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

clairecloutier

I guess it's time for this thread, because we're already starting to hear some early announcements.

Alaine Chartrand
SP Music: Libertango
SP Choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne
https://twitter.com/AlaineChartrand/status/849330654982656000

Peng/Jin LP
They will keep their 2016-2017 Umbrellas of Cherbourg LP
Previously announced in Chinese news thread

Ashley Wagner
SP Music: "Hip Hip Chin Chin" (reusing 2015-16 SP)
LP Music: La La Land
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-ashley-wagner-disappointing-worlds/99954102/

Savchenko/Massot
One program will be choreographed by John Kerr, the other by Christopher Dean
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/in...-massot-fan-thread.97029/page-13#post-5051602

clairecloutier

Thanks @clairecloutier !

Has Ashley herself confirmed both her choices?

I don't know. But usually a reporter would not report program choices unless they had heard it from the skater herself, or maybe the skater's coaches. Brennan was at Worlds, so I would assume she probably interviewed Ashley there.

ETA: Actually, I think Ashley tweeted the La La Land choice previously, so that one is confirmed by her I guess.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm good with that, as long as they cut it decently. Dabin Choi's cuts made me cringe.

oleada

C

casken

Last edited by a moderator:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Yeah, the Peterson camp is not known for its originality with the music choices

LOL, if my coach/team/choreographer came to me and said "So next season SP: Scheherazade and Free: West Side Story" the last image they'd have of me is my back skating off to Jeff Buttle to select and choreograph for me.

I admire Karen for selecting On Golden Pond and doing her own choreo. Thats kinda how I operate as well.

Who needs a rehash of POTO? Anyone? lol

Now that I think about it I also really admired Michelle Kwan for this.. I mean was cool to see programs to stuff I never even had heard of before... Red Violin, Miraculous Mandalin, Dante's Prayer, Song of the Black Swan, The Feeling Begins, East of Eden, Lyra Angelica, Dance of the seven veils, etc

Sure by the end she was doing Bolero and Spartacus but in her prime Kween wasnt out there doing R&J.. and that to me is an artist.

@HeatherC Take me to church was my fav pair SP last season of all the teams. I thought was soooooo cool to use a modern song and a song that had never been skated before. That program for me is so memorable because of the original music choice... just surprised that they chose 2 warhorses for next cycle when the world is their oyster.

And the year before that my favorite performance was Kavaguti & Smirnov skating to the Manfred Symphonies because it was something I had never heard of before...it makes me want to watch it over and over. But just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
FWIW, Tarah and Danny came up with their own music choices for next season so maybe cut Jim some slack on their decision (especially since they're also using outside choreographers for both programs which is something people here have been whining about them needing for years).

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I have my fingers crossed that Max continues with the bullfighter SP because I loved that and I have a mighty need to see it clean.

Aussie_Skates confirmed on GS that Brendan Kerry will have two new programs next season *waves a sad goodbye to Singin' in the Rain*

No word yet on whether Joshua will use the lost Pines of Rome FS for his return or if there will be two new programs.

VGThuy

I think we ALL loved Max's "Bullfighter" SP.

With Mariah Bell possibly skating to Beauty and the Beast she's continuing her Great American Ladies music anthology motif.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so donā€™t you fork my peas
There is a lot of waltz in La La Land, so it makes sense for dance. Not sure how I feel about it for C/B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information