2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

Pattina

Just my two cents: I was wondering about Figaro as a Spanish character known worldwide and the possible montage could be "The Barber of Sevilla" by Rossini and "The Marriage of Figaro" by Mozart.

EDIT this is not Spanish music.... so my guess is completely wrong :D

Tavi

Just my two cents: I was wondering about Figaro as a Spanish character known worldwide and the possible montage could be "The Barber of Sevilla" by Rossini and "The Marriage of Figaro" by Mozart.

Music for his 2015 free skate was from Barbiere, so I doubt he'd do it anyway.

RoseRed

Sylvia

TBD
Elena Radionova will be working on her new Free Program with Shae-Lynn Bourne
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170429/1119759859.html
Here they are together: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTw77OKFeUU/?taken-by=lenok_radionova

ETA:

Lance Vipond (Kaetlyn Osmond's longtime choreographer) choreographed a new long for Keegan Messing last month: https://www.facebook.com/lancevipondchoreography/posts/909523682523379

Vipond also choreographed a new SP for He ZHANG of China (he did not compete internationally last season - was a late WD from Cup of China after having been named a host pick in early September 2016): https://www.facebook.com/lancevipon...4437797365305/917319828410431/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

We're talking about Javi? He did a Figaro in 2014-15. When people say he is narrow I point to this were he skated to Rossini Buffa style beautifully.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
According to Brooklee's article (posted in the Australian Skating thread), Kailani is keeping her SP for next season.

barbarafan

I don't think they're doing Fix You again. The post is kind of cryptic but it implies their FD music will just be Paradise and the last two were just two parts of a trilogy.

I think they will use Coldplay but the music and moves will be totally different. Sometimes after you have been doing the same routines and are set in them you start thinking how much better they would be if you had added this or changed this or that...They may have some new terrific ideas for it...That is what I am hoping for.

chapis

I feel like they got scared after Worlds and are moving backwards. I can't help but feel disappointed.

I don´t think so, Alex left very clear at worlds that they already had their music for the FD. They got the program that they wanted last season (Evolution), basically this was their program, now is time to comeback to the style that fit them the most. None of the styles they have used before have worked so well as the ¨Fix you¨ program, to do something different would be to experiment in the Olympic season or return to a style that has not been so well received, they are simply using their brains.

princeton123

I don´t think so, Alex left very clear at worlds that they already had their music for the FD. They got the program that they wanted last season (Evolution), basically this was their program, now is time to comeback to the style that fit them the most. None of the styles they have used before have worked so well as the ¨Fix you¨ program, to do something different would be to experiment in the Olympic season or return to a style that has not been so well received, they are simply using their brains.

'Evolution' really wasn't that much of a stylistic departure from 'Fix You' though...

VGThuy

Yeah but the same exact musicians? I guess that's why it's a "trilogy". I'm still not sold on the idea, but I recognize that I sort of have an aversion to Chris Martin's voice, so I'll work on being more open minded.

'Evolution' really wasn't that much of a stylistic departure from 'Fix You' though...

Maybe all three programs will make more sense when watched as a trilogy, ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information