2015 - 2016 TV Season

Seerek

HBO has decided not to renew Togetherness after its second season wraps up next month.

Having watched the show from the beginning, I'm not surprised as the feel of the show is just too different from the rest of HBO's schedule. Also, the Brett/Michele arc from season 2 was falling on rather predictable lines (already foreshadowed at the end of season 1). Amanda Peet's character seemed to be a parody of her other characters, IMO.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 27/2016 - Saturday April 02/2016:
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...ere-Schedule-Dates-Returning-Shows-99687.html

Wednesday, March 30
9:00 p.m. - Empire - Fox
?:00 p.m. - THE PATH - HULU

Thursday, March 31
10:00 p.m. - Rush Hour - CBS
10:00 p.m. - Archer - Fx

Friday, April 1
12:01 a.m. PT - THE RANCH - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Lost & Found Music Studios -Netflix
10:00 p.m. - Banshee - Cinemax

Please update any shows I may have missed.

A.H.Black

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I tried to like Beyond Borders, mostly because I like Sinise so much, but I just couldn't. The whole premise is so incredibly unbelievable, I just don't buy into the existence of an elite team with its own friggin' SHIELD-style airplane flying around the world every time some tourist drops out of contact for a few hours. The whole idea of American cops needing to jump in before the incompetent local police have even had 5 minutes to investigate -- not to mention the rather offensive aspect of needing to save poor innocent Americans from evil foreigners -- just doesn't sit well with me.

And the first episode was very poorly conceived in how they tried to establish this team with chemistry, before we have a chance to get to know any of them or care about them. That almost never works.
Except for the airplane (it's not particularly Shield-like to me, just a private jet like the original CM team has), I agree with every word of this post. I'll keep watching though because I like a few of the characters. But it better pick up quickly!

CoolGuy

Artemis@BC

Did anyone else watch The Catch? I liked it a lot. Very slick, and lots of potential for interesting storylines. Not sure how sustainable the cat & mouse between Alice and Christopher will be, but for now at least it works.

And Mireille Enos gets a much nicer wardrobe than she had for The Killing. :D

ballettmaus

Did anyone else watch The Catch? I liked it a lot. Very slick, and lots of potential for interesting storylines. Not sure how sustainable the cat & mouse between Alice and Christopher will be, but for now at least it works.

I watched it. Not sure how I feel about it yet; wasn't sure about the chemistry between the two leads but I read they had a different actor originally, so that might change in the second episode. I also didn't like that she seemed to fake smile a lot and at times when it felt a bit odd to do that.
I'll see how the next episodes go.

WildRose

I watched it. Not sure how I feel about it yet; wasn't sure about the chemistry between the two leads but I read they had a different actor originally, so that might change in the second episode. I also didn't like that she seemed to fake smile a lot and at times when it felt a bit odd to do that.
I'll see how the next episodes go.
I kept getting distracted by her fake eyelashes.....

PeterG

I thought it was great. Definitely going to be following this one. It's written much better than Heartbeat, which stars Melissa George. Heartbeat was good, but the writing is kind of silly, so the great cast is kind of left floundering trying to make something out of the middling script they were given.

Cachoo

I was watching reruns of a recent favorite tonignt--"Gilmore Girls"--and I've decided the world can be such an ugly place and I want to move to Stars Hollow. Wouldn't that be nice?

This followed watching a very, very affecting documentary on HBO called "Only The Dead See the End of the War" about one reporter's experience in Iraq. It is hard to watch. Why, oh why did we go there?

jeffisjeff

She looks so different (and so much less miserable) than on The Killing! I liked the first episode OK, and I like both lead actors in The Catch, so I'll give it a chance.

I just watched this week's The Good Wife. The last few episodes will be :watch: . I am thinking that Alicia may not stand by her man this time.

Oh, and I am a bit obsessed with that Cookie Monster iPhone commercial. Too cute!

Susan1

Thank you! I giggle out loud every time I see the many faces of Cookie Monster in this commercial.

I stop the FF when I see that commercial. I DO NOT like the one with the horses. The little horse is cute, but that Cher song? Geez. And the door, and the girl with the brown argyle knee socks? ARGH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information