PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Spots for the next Olympics might be tough. Isabeau, Alysa, Ava, Amber, potentially Lindsay or one of the juniors coming up right now.
We don’t have a Junior with the trajectory that Alysa had. Elise and Sherry show promise but there’s no reason to think they can bump off one of the Senior skaters in the next two years, unless one is injured or really underperforms.

But Lindsay and Isabeau may have to rebuild their jumps. Ava and Amber need consistency. So who knows.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
How will USFSA consider Alyssa for GP spots? Will she have to skate her way there at smaller competitions early on to show her skating levels are high enough? Or will she have to wait until Nationals 2025 and go from there?
No problems if she’ll be demonstrating Solo Dance. 😉

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Spots for the next Olympics might be tough. Isabeau, Alysa, Ava, Amber, potentially Lindsay or one of the juniors coming up right now.

I’m backing “Ms когда-либо сердце,” who is 17 now and age eligible for the 2026 Olympics.

Sylvia

TBD
“Ms когда-либо сердце,”
For those who may not know, Sarah Everhardt's mother is named Ekaterina:
Sarah Everhardt was featured as the top Sports story in her local Virginia weekly publication (Feb. 15) - includes a small photo of her with her parents when she was 10 :):

Last edited:

zigzig

Sherry is too young for this Olympic cycle - born December 2008 (16 as of July 1, 2025).

In the mixed zone after her FS in Taipei:

ETA: 4th/5th place would have been possible had she come close to her SB scores of 60.52 (JGP ARM) & 123.48 (YOG) at Junior Worlds.

That was a nice quote. I had high hopes for her after her YOG skate but she she should be proud of what she accomplished even with the mistakes.

Shame she won't be eligible for this Olympics as I think she's definitely a bright light for American women.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Amber Glenn article by Nick McCarvel (March 3) that includes quotes gathered by Maggie Hendricks in Columbus (https://x.com/maggiehendricks/status/1764483489548652868): https://olympics.com/en/news/figure...sa-champion-2024-role-olympic-dream-exclusive

Wow, so many parts of this article. So proud of her

Kind of makes me want to think that after she does retire hopefully not for a while from now, both her and Gracie become ambassadors or take on positions at USFSA to help support change in the sport

bladesofgorey

Sorry but it's going to be boring watching skaters who've been around forever be the medal contenders in Milan. I really hope we have some contenders under the age of 25 by 2026.
I'm sorry but I can't think of any other sports where having veterans who are still competitive going for a chance at another win is considered less exciting smh.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Juniors and seniors are age categories, not skill categories in the ISU model. At this point, the ISU is saying adults should compete against adults, not children. It’s not about oh, she’s so good but she has to stay Junior! She’s competing against kids because she’s a kid and when she’s an adult, she’ll compete against adults.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It would seem that Audrey Shin is switching to Pairs...

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
It would seem that Audrey Shin is switching to Pairs...

I hope she can find a good partner.

annie720

ChillSkate

Interesting article on Amber. The article says she loses focus during her footwork sequences in the Long Program and then struggles with the jumps afterwards. I wonder why her team doesn't just choreograph her Long Program to have the footwork sequence after the jumps are over? Plenty of programs are choreographed that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information