Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

sk9tingfan

Thank you sheetz for all of the links!

Thank goodness Nathan is ok! The speculations going about on whether he might be injured or not were scaring me! Wooh! 😳
Where in God's name did that latter rumor come from? Sometimes I just wonder about the machinations that fuel them.

LutzDance

Where in God's name did that latter rumor come from? Sometimes I just wonder about the machinations that fuel them.
Nothing sinister here, just his absence from Challengers and Senior Bs (including US Classics which many expected him to go to) makes some fans worried. Now we know he probably just can’t be bothered :p He might still attend JO though.

sk9tingfan

Nothing sinister here, just his absence from Challengers and Senior Bs (including US Classics which many expected him to go to) makes some fans worried. Now we know he probably just can’t be bothered :p He might still attend JO though.
But he hasn't done any of these in recent memory. He usually debuts modified versions in Sun Valley but was still working on them in this pandemic year. Otherwise, he debuts full versions at The Japan Open. Expected appearances at Senior B's are a probably a function of wishful thinking. And believe me, I am chomping at the bit to see those new programs!

sheetz

But due to the global situation there is some doubt that he'll be able to do JO (at least in person) this year. If so he'll want to get kind of live competition under his belt before SA, especially since he'll be facing pretty stiff competition there. But it seems Japan doesn't have issues with hosting international sporting events at this time so maybe JO will go off as planned.
=========================================================
Hanging out with the others skaters, from Yaro's IGS
Twinning with Coach JLB

Last edited:

sheetz

More photos:

At the last dinner
With JLB
With Jason in the slideshow
Group photo

sk9tingfan

Thank you sheetz for all of the links!

Thank goodness Nathan is ok! The speculations going about on whether he might be injured or not were scaring me! Wooh! 😳
Again, where are all of these speculations coming from? It reminds me of all of the manufactured conspiracy theories that are totally untrue, have no basis in fact/realty and are destroying our country.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
A few posters here worried that Nathan might be injured since he had not surfaced (until Champs Camp) with his programs - such speculation, which apparently you did not see, made me nervous.

sk9tingfan

A few posters here worried that Nathan might be injured since he had not surfaced (until Champs Camp) with his programs - such speculation, which apparently you did not see, made me nervous.
But I did see these posts. The fact that Nathan did not debut his programs in Sun Valley was probably the source of that speculation. However, Nathan addressed these, indicating that he had just gotten his long program. and had also recently finished his short program. He wasn't going to skate those programs as a result.

He also tweeted for suggestions for long program music from followers, which I found somewhat hard to process, but this season is so important for him to have the right music. Shae Lynn also has experienced an increase in demand for her services, pushing/overloading her creative juices. I think that her LP program last year for Mariah was a clear miss and may have been a product of that demand.

From Nathan's perspective, I get the sense that he likes to mix things up and get more involved in the music selection process. I think that his Philip Glass LP is an iconic masterpiece in which he picked the music. For an Olympic season, possibly his last, I think both he and Shae Lynn want to get it right.

Last edited:

sheetz

That's not why. It's because if he doesn't do JO he will have had no warm up event before SA where he will be facing off against Vincent and Shoma, both of whom intend to put 5 quads into their FS. He normally starts off the season slowly so it's inconceivable to me that he would intentionally go into SA without entering some kind of warm up event. That said, it may very well be the case that JO will go on as planned.

Last edited:

SaDa

Swedish junior Oliver Praetorius's SP music this season is Nathan's La Boheme. Exact same music and very similar choreography.
Apparently he's skated to Rocketman before, too, although that doesn't appear to be his program for this season.
Okay, that's really too sweet. I want to see his Rocketman performance too 😊

That's not why. It's because if he doesn't do JO he will have had no warm up event before SA where he will be facing off against Vincent and Shoma, both of whom intend to put 5 quads into their FS. He normally starts off the season slowly so it's inconceivable to me that he would intentionally go into SA without entering some kind of warm up event. That said, it may very well be the case that JO will go on as planned.

Oh, interesting. Shoma and Vincent are stepping up their games, huh? Hopefully Nathan is able to get his warm-up in somewhere then. It's also kind of inconceivable to me that he wouldn't want some kind of a warm-up. OR...maybe he's simply too confident in himself this season to care? JK.

jenny12

No offense to Vincent or Shoma but I don’t think Nathan has to worry about either one of them. Neither is exactly the model of consistency.

Last edited:

sheetz

No offense to Vincent or Shoma but I don’t Nathan has to worry about either one of them. Neither are exactly the model of consistency.
But that's not how Nathan thinks. There are rumors circulating that he's bringing back the 4Lo this season, and if that's the case he'll want to give it a test run in a low pressure event first.

sk9tingfan

But that's not how Nathan thinks. There are rumors circulating that he's bringing back the 4Lo this season, and if that's the case he'll want to give it a test run in a low pressure event first.
I believe that Nathan is in control of his own destiny. As Raf said awhile back, they have some tricks up their sleeves which include the 4L. There was no reason for them to unleash anything other than what they need to base on the circumstances.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I read (somewhere) that it is a strategy for him to keep his programs and content hidden so that others can't plan their content around his content.

sheetz

Welp, JO is Japanese skaters only again this year. Maybe Nathan will make a virtual appearance.

sheetz

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information