email from fsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan1

I got this email (twice) I did not purchase an account upgrade. What's the deal here? The address looks right, but I'm not clicking on the "here".

FSUniverse <[email protected]>
To:Susan1

"Susan1, thank you for purchasing the account upgrade named Season Pass at FSUniverse.
We hope you will take advantage of and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.
You may view your account upgrades here.
Sincerely,
FSUniverse"

Susan1

I'm sorry that someone wasted their money. Who and why?

I clicked on the "here" from here. ha ha I would have liked to have access to the Kiss and Cry during the Olympics, but there isn't ANY skating now. There's nothing in Secret Sources, and I already have adblocker plus. ??????

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member

I clicked on the "here" from here. ha ha I would have liked to have access to the Kiss and Cry during the Olympics, but there isn't ANY skating now. There's nothing in Secret Sources, and I already have adblocker plus. ??????

Wow ok, I’ll take it off and the person can give it to someone else. There might be regular skating this season (There is some going on now) so if there is, I’m sorry you choose not to join us in the Kiss and Cry forums if I do close them to everyone.

There‘s a lot of active threads in Secret Sources, you just can’t see them with a season pass upgrade. All the best!

hanca

Values her privacy

That’s a weird reaction. Someone likes you and wanted to do something nice for you, and you sort of throw it back in their face?

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

This wonderful fine person did that out of the generosity of her heart.

I'm afraid I can't do what the wonderful person did, and I appreciated her generous gift. I'm on a budget right now, but when I'm able and can afford to, I want to give gifts, too.

A few years back, I gave an anonymous gift to someone here that was also trying to get by as best as possible. I felt honored to be able to help that person. Right now, we need more people like the generous wonderful person who gave us gift subscriptions.

With this horrible Beer Burden going on, it's like a breath of fresh air to see wonderful members like this person.

Susan1

There‘s a lot of active threads in Secret Sources, you just can’t see them with a season pass upgrade. All the best!
Sorry, I was remembering that from one of the other categories. Here's what it is:
Access to the Kiss and Cry (Competition Discussion Area) during all major competitions of the 2020:-2021 season.
Access ends after the conclusion of the World Championships 2021. (When the Kiss and Cry Forums open to all users).
No Advertisements

I said:
I'm sorry that someone wasted their money.
If it wasn't anonymous, I would have told that person "no thanks". What kind of gift is it if you don't know the person and give them access to something they don't want or need and will not use. One year, my cousin gave me a DVD of the first season of The West Wing because I mentioned that I watched the reruns 2-3 times through when they were on. I didn't/still don't have a DVD player.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I was always taught not to "look a gift horse in the mouth"! 🐴

I was also taught to say thank you (preferably with a smile), even if I didn't really want or need the gift. Maybe that just applies to nice Canadian folks like me :lol:

I have also always "played" DVDs on my computer, either with a built-in drive or a plug-in drive. I'm no "techie" but I thought that's what everyone did?!?!

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
One year, my cousin gave me a DVD of the first season of The West Wing because I mentioned that I watched the reruns 2-3 times through when they were on. I didn't/still don't have a DVD player.

I empathize,dear.

Two years ago I blundered and wore an ensemble with a lower-than-expected neckline. Two weeks later the debonair Mr. Bottems gifted me,for Saint Valentine's Day,a scarlet brassiere four sizes too big and a 'romantic' VHS cassette. Needless to say, I was not amused.

You are well within your rite to take offense.

-BB

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I empathize,dear.

Two years ago I blundered and wore an ensemble with a lower-than-expected neckline. Two weeks later the debonair Mr. Bottems gifted me,for Saint Valentine's Day,a scarlet brassiere four sizes too big and a 'romantic' VHS cassette. Needless to say, I was not amused.

You are well within your rite to take offense.

-BB
I must ask, Brenda. Would you be interested in a season pass? You may have a mystery admirer on FSU who is looking for something to get you for Labor Day. But he certainly wouldn't want to give something you wouldn't use.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Would you be interested in a season pass?

A pass for what,dear?

You may have a mystery admirer on FSU who is looking for something to get you for Labor Day. But he certainly wouldn't want to give something you wouldn't use.

I admit this possibility is rather beguiling. Perchance does this admirer's name rhyme with "banal"?

-BB

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Sorry, I was remembering that from one of the other categories. Here's what it is:
Access to the Kiss and Cry (Competition Discussion Area) during all major competitions of the 2020:-2021 season.
Access ends after the conclusion of the World Championships 2021. (When the Kiss and Cry Forums open to all users).
No Advertisements

I said:

If it wasn't anonymous, I would have told that person "no thanks". What kind of gift is it if you don't know the person and give them access to something they don't want or need and will not use. One year, my cousin gave me a DVD of the first season of The West Wing because I mentioned that I watched the reruns 2-3 times through when they were on. I didn't/still don't have a DVD player.
Boy..you must be fun to be around.
Generally when people take the time to select a gift for you...the appropriate response is Thank You.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I was always taught not to "look a gift horse in the mouth"! 🐴

I was also taught to say thank you (preferably with a smile), even if I didn't really want or need the gift. Maybe that just applies to nice Canadian folks like me :lol:

I have also always "played" DVDs on my computer, either with a built-in drive or a plug-in drive. I'm no "techie" but I thought that's what everyone did?!?!
People who are polite and appreciative of others do just that 🙄

Susan1

I thought we were done with this. I put it on the Board Business for a reason. The "gift" was taken away and given to someone else.
I wasn't reading these responses anymore, but I just figured out what you meant - about my cousin buying me a DVD 6-7 years ago. I don't watch anything on my computer. I can't sit up in this chair that long. I didn't have a laptop back then, which I can't sit and watch things on now either. She didn't give me the DVD because she thought I was going to watch it on my computer anyway. She thought I must have a DVD player because she did. I have never needed one because I have a built-in DVR, and I don't have time to watch everything I have recorded, then or now. (I figure they might not be putting The West Wing back on any of the cable channels while a certain person is in the white house. ha ha)

Sidebar - when I had the cable tier with Showtime, I wrote her about how I recorded A Star Is Born (we're big Barbra fans) in HD overnight to watch later. She asked me why I didn't just buy the DVD from Amazon (she's an Amazon addict; she thought I should order my t.v. from them - and hook it up myself and figure out how to get rid of the old one myself, etc., everything's "buy it on Amazon" when I can just go to a store for something and see it and pick it out and pay for it and bring it home) so I could watch it over and over. Well, I already paid for the Showtime; why buy the movie. And I can watch A Star Is Born over and over. It's still on the DVR. I haven't watched it again. And I still did not have a DVD player then either. Sheesh.

Boy..you must be fun to be around.
Generally when people take the time to select a gift for you...the appropriate response is Thank You.
Actually, I have always been a very good gift giver. I found out what people wanted or needed. Or known them well enough to get them something they didn't know they needed - like when I got my parents a push button phone.

Anonymously sending a gift to a stranger who can't use it seems kind of selfish to me if all you want is gratitude. Would you thank me if I sent you an all access pass to Hillary for President? She's not running. There's no skating going on. Or a gift certificate to a restaurant that is closed? If you did thank me, you'd post it and then you and your friends would spend hours making fun of me for doing it. I guess I should have figured out who the administrator was and sent them a private message.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I thought we were done with this. I put it on the Board Business for a reason. The "gift" was taken away and given to someone else.

I wasn't reading these responses anymore, but I just figured out what you meant - about my cousin buying me a DVD 6-7 years ago. I don't watch anything on my computer. I can't sit up in this chair that long. I didn't have a laptop back then, which I can't sit and watch things on now either. She didn't give me the DVD because she thought I was going to watch it on my computer anyway. She thought I must have a DVD player because she did. I have never needed one because I have a built-in DVR, and I don't have time to watch everything I have recorded, then or now. (I figure they might not be putting The West Wing back on any of the cable channels while a certain person is in the white house. ha ha)

Sidebar - when I had the cable tier with Showtime, I wrote her about how I recorded A Star Is Born (we're big Barbra fans) in HD overnight to watch later. She asked me why I didn't just buy the DVD from Amazon (she's an Amazon addict; she thought I should order my t.v. from them - and hook it up myself and figure out how to get rid of the old one myself, etc., everything's "buy it on Amazon" when I can just go to a store for something and see it and pick it out and pay for it and bring it home) so I could watch it over and over. Well, I already paid for the Showtime; why buy the movie. And I can watch A Star Is Born over and over. It's still on the DVR. I haven't watched it again. And I still did not have a DVD player then either. Sheesh.

Actually, I have always been a very good gift giver. I found out what people wanted or needed. Or known them well enough to get them something they didn't know they needed - like when I got my parents a push button phone.

Anonymously sending a gift to a stranger who can't use it seems kind of selfish to me if all you want is gratitude. Would you thank me if I sent you an all access pass to Hillary for President? She's not running. There's no skating going on. Or a gift certificate to a restaurant that is closed? If you did thank me, you'd post it and then you and your friends would spend hours making fun of me for doing it. I guess I should have figured out who the administrator was and sent them a private message.
Wow! Aren't you the life of the party! I also believe you have the common sense to know that sending something like an all access pass to Hillary for President would be ridiculous.

I don't believe you'll have to worry anymore about anyone gifting you a subscription. You've made that perfectly clear.

Diane Mars

...Anonymously sending a gift to a stranger who can't use it seems kind of selfish to me if all you want is gratitude. Would you thank me if I sent you an all access pass to Hillary for President? She's not running. There's no skating going on. Or a gift certificate to a restaurant that is closed? If you did thank me, you'd post it and then you and your friends would spend hours making fun of me for doing it. I guess I should have figured out who the administrator was and sent them a private message.
Ok, Karen...........

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
This thread is getting crazier and crazier. If someone gave me a gift (even if I don’t want or need it), the right thing to do is say “Thank you”. We don’t need to hear all the reasons why you don’t want to accept it. Just let Sharpie know you would rather share it with someone else instead. There’s no need to be so rude.

Susan1

This thread is getting crazier and crazier. If someone gave me a gift (even if I don’t want or need it), the right thing to do is say “Thank you”. We don’t need to hear all the reasons why you don’t want to accept it. Just let Sharpie know you would rather share it with someone else instead. There’s no need to be so rude.
O.k. - thank you, anonymous, if anonymous reads this thread. Sharpie already removed it and gave it to someone else. And I stopped reading this thread, and people kept harping on it among yourselves. I only opened it because someone replied to me directly. I'm tired of trying to defend my right to not accept something I don't want to people whose business it is not.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Did I miss the announcement that the entire 2021 season is completely canceled and that the season pass is actually pointless?

Susan1

Really. I should have sent a private message to Sharpie. How many of you who are belittling me are on the "board"? I did not expect so many random people to be attacking me, yet again. In fact, it was a little while after I posted something and someone else told me I wasn't supposed to post like that or something. I can't remember what now, because it happens all the time on here, but the usual - strangers telling me when to post and how to post and what not to post and what to think and how to live. Which was kind of the point of my cousin story. I have never done that to her and I have never done that to any of you.

I got the email that I "made a purchase", which I knew I did not and I thought it was spam. Or a mean joke. Or someone sending me something that was going to crash my computer as payback for defending myself yet again. I was afraid to open the attachment. Thank you so much.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Susan1 said:
Anonymously sending a gift to a stranger who can't use it seems kind of selfish to me if all you want is gratitude.

If it's anonymous how can the person receive gratitude? And what's selfish about it? Your posts give the impression someone gifted you just to annoy you. If I got a PM I didn't understand I would contact SHARPIE or a mod for information, not create a whole thread & then once you knew what it was to continue putting down the donor. No one cares if you're a good gift giver, you're a lousy gift receiver.

Susan1

Of course I thought of it as soon as I stood up. I ASKED if the abortion discussion could be moved to its own thread because it was hard to keep up with other stuff when there were pages and pages of the same comments from the same people about the same thing. And people acted like I told them to have an abortion. This was right after someone asked if the Worldwide Health Forum could be moved down from the top of the thread list. Did anyone object to that? Or treat that person like they were selfish? Of course not. So it was moved. Did anyone complain about it being moved? Of course not. If I would have, there would have been an uprising. It's not that different to click on the second line or the first line. Are you so lazy that you can't scroll down one line? Maybe everybody likes to see it first. And on and on.
If it's anonymous how can the person receive gratitude? And what's selfish about it? Your posts give the impression someone gifted you just to annoy you. If I got a PM I didn't understand I would contact SHARPIE or a mod for information, not create a whole thread & then once you knew what it was to continue putting down the donor. No one cares if you're a good gift giver, you're a lousy gift receiver.
So, everyone is saying they would thank the anonymous person, but the anonymous person would not receive it? o.k.

I did not think of contacting Sharpie or a mod. (By the way, it was an actual email to my Outlook account, two of them in fact, thanking me for purchasing something. If something that looks like my bank does that, I send it to the abuse email address.) I will forever be deeply sorry that I started a thread. Please forgive me. If it was something bad, I thought other people might have gotten one too. THEN I DROPPED IT. You people keep going on and on and on at me, so I feel I have to respond.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
@Susan1 - I think the thing is that while the season pass right now isn't much, if the season starts as planned with the separate GP events and events into 2021, then you have an entire section of the board to follow with other people who are watching the live events and sharing their thoughts. You can read through threads to get cliff notes of the events if you don't want to watch them. You can read about events you didn't even know were taking place.

So, of course right now the Season Pass means very little. It would mean very little in any season if you were looking at it in August.

I know we are beyond that since you don't have it anymore, but I think you still don't realize this part of it and would rather repeatedly say that it's essentially as useless as the DVD's that you got. It's not useless- it's the same material anyone would be getting at the very beginning of a brand new season. I'm not going to attack you about it, but I hope you understand better now.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
A pass for what,dear?

I admit this possibility is rather beguiling. Perchance does this admirer's name rhyme with "banal"?

-BB
I had a different admirer in mind, someone who seems to be obsessed with your posts and has admitted to being an eligible bachelor on FSU in recent days. (And no, it is not me. I don't date Bottems.)

Anyway, I do hope that someone purchases a pass for Miss Bottems so her delightful commentary can accompany live skating. That being said, I do not have a pass myself, either, as I have exhausted my disposable income on wipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information