2020 Russian Junior and Senior test skates

Sylvia

TBD
Do we have a time schedule for america?
Depends where you are in USA? ;)

Next broadcast (Junior Pairs SP) is scheduled to air in "2 days 12+ hours"): https://www.1tv.ru/sport/predsezonn...-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-sredi-yuniorov-2020-21

ETA - found the event schedule for the junior test skates in Novogorsk: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/open_skates2020_juniors_schedule.pdf

August 14
15:00 - 16:15 - pairs short program

August 15
14:00 - 15:30 - pairs free programs

August 18
14:00 - 16:45 - singles short programs

August 19
14:00 - 17:00 - singles free programs

Novogorsk/Moscow is 7 hours ahead of Eastern time.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And the simple way to do the time conversion is just subtract 7 (or whatever your time zone difference is) from the local time.

hanca

Values her privacy
Mozer mentioned in one interview that they wrote a letter to the Russian federation requesting that their pairs are excused from the test skates. Not sure if she spoke about both junior and senior test skates, or only the juniors, but that explains why Mukhametzianova/Mironov and Mukhortova/Yevgeniev are not on the list.

Bigbird

Poor things. Really see potential in Katashinskaya and partner and Angelopol and partner but nothing to talk about, really. Svinin and Zhuk main couple did their usual dreck for a FD, of course the RD was smooth, it's a repeat. They need new choreographers. Just hope Boy Wonder Putin doesn't force his athletes to vaccinate with the unproven Sputnik....really feel for these athletes.

Let the kids take their time. These are difficult times.

Last edited:

Natanielle825

Depends where you are in USA? ;)

Next broadcast (Junior Pairs SP) is scheduled to air in "2 days 12+ hours"): https://www.1tv.ru/sport/predsezonn...-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-sredi-yuniorov-2020-21

ETA - found the event schedule for the junior test skates in Novogorsk: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/open_skates2020_juniors_schedule.pdf

August 14
15:00 - 16:15 - pairs short program

August 15
14:00 - 15:30 - pairs free programs

August 18
14:00 - 16:45 - singles short programs

August 19
14:00 - 17:00 - singles free programs

Novogorsk/Moscow is 7 hours ahead of Eastern time.
thank you!

Ka3sha

Ka3sha

Only six pairs on the ice since new teams (like Kostiukovich/Brukhanov) and Mozer team are not present in Novogorsk

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Belova/Chigirev Regina Spector to start. Seems to me the music is too strong for them, but ok

hanca

Values her privacy
I think Akhanteva/Kolesov looked really good. I can’t believe that they considered splitting up in the off season. To me they stood out with how they are polished. Although in junior competitions it is not about who looks polished, but who lands the jumps and is consistent. As long as they are consistent this season, they will be ready to move to seniors after this season.

I also liked Raskovalova/Butaev. Their size difference is a huge advantage for them. Their elements have wow factor (throw is huge, twist is very high), they should do well this season.

Last edited:

mjb52

Does the junior free start soon? Totally out of it concerning the time difference.

mjb52

Thanks! Just watched Belova/Chigirev's short, really liked them. To avoid clogging up the thread with pbp on junior test skates from yesterday :) I'll just keep editing this post with further impressions. Second team had great opening and good skills but I don't think I'm an Il Divo person. Kuzmina/Khvalko have a cool style (love his hair!) but seemed less polished to me than the other teams. A few synchronicity issues I think? Fourth team is the one in costumes (I missed their names) and had cool choreography. Could work a little on speed maybe? I have mixed feelings about the importance of "connection" between partners but they could probably do a little more. Very cool ending to program. All comments made btw with underlying acknowledgment of how incredible it is that these teams are ready to do these test skates at all and how lucky I feel to see skating!

Akhanteva/Kolesov just awesome. Definitely my favorite so far. Guy in last pair looks very strong, like a bodybuilder! Choreography not my own personal style though.

Will watch dance and pairs free tomorrow, time for bed!

Last edited:

Hedwig

Antique member
does someone has a starting order? I don't know most of the pairs and would love to see their names before skating.

hanca

Values her privacy
does someone has a starting order? I don't know most of the pairs and would love to see their names before skating.
1. Tatyana Kuzmina-Alexey Khvalko
2. Ekaterina Belova-Dmitry Chigirev
3. Ekaterina Petushkova - Yevgeny Malikov

4. Alina Raskovalova-Artem Butaev
5. Ksenia Akhantieva-Valery Kolesov
6. Yulia Artemieva-Mikhail Nazarychev

Sylvia

TBD
Link to watch the Junior Pairs FS test skates:

hanca

Values her privacy
Belova/Chigirev - the Ghost soundtrack should be forbidden in figure skating.
To be fair, I don’t think a different music would make any difference to this pair. Changing their coaching situation or skating for a different country could help. Dmitriev doesn’t seem to be doing very well in the past few years, both at the junior and senior level.

Tinami Amori

The youtube feed got cut off before the 2nd group of 3. I was able to watch them on Russian Channel 1 direct feed, this time it is not blocked.
you can either watch the whole feed, or individual programmes in squares below.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I guess the Ghost took away all their lifts, but she's got some serious upper body definition. Her arms and shoulders look like a swimmer.

hanca

Values her privacy
The youtube feed got cut off before the 2nd group of 3. I was able to watch them on Russian Channel 1 direct feed, this time it is not blocked.
you can either watch the whole feed, or individual programmes in squares below.

They uploaded the YouTube with all six skaters now.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I thought about Bazarova's interview when watching the junior pairs and what she said about the basics. All Tukov's girls basics seems awful. But then Tukova herself said she works with what she has and sh can't teach a 12y.o. to do basic strokings when she needs to learn the pairs elements. It's a bit better with the guys who have a bit more time to learn.
Seems like a pattern - 1-2 years of a `huge guy, tiny girl, lots of tricks', a move to Moscow/St. Petersburg, split, the guy might end up on a very high level, the girl is done.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I thought about Bazarova's interview when watching the junior pairs and what she said about the basics. All Tukov's girls basics seems awful. But then Tukova herself said she works with what she has and sh can't teach a 12y.o. to do basic strokings when she needs to learn the pairs elements. It's a bit better with the guys who have a bit more time to learn.
Seems like a pattern - 1-2 years of a `huge guy, tiny girl, lots of tricks', a move to Moscow/St. Petersburg, split, the guy might end up on a very high level, the girl is done.
Sad but true and I find myself watching the junior men to see who has the skills to go on. The pair elements are so demanding there is no question why so few have top level success.

hanca

Values her privacy
I don’t think that’s true. If you look at Panfilova/Rylov last season, they had much better gliding and basics than all three junior pairs in Velikovs team. In fact, even Velikova acknowledged it in an interview and said that in Perm they spend the first 30 minutes of every training working only on basics, gliding and turns, whereas in Velikov’s school, they have difficulties to make skaters work on it (something about their skaters not being that keen to work on that and then they are surprised that their PCS is suffering). It was an interview about a year ago, before the last season and I thought Velikova was speaking quite praising the Perm school.

And about a big guy and a tiny girl pattern from Perm - Who exactly are you basing it on? Panfilova/Rylov and Artemeva/Nazarychev don’t look like this. The only pair from Perm where this could apply is Raskovalova/Butaev, and even with them there it only 4 years age difference, not as if there was some huge age difference. The past few pairs from Perm didn’t get anywhere, but Poluyanova/Sopot - she got too big for him and they both were not that great with jumps. Before them, Gubanova/Sincov also struggled with jumps. Who is the last pair who moved from Perm to Moscow or St Peters, split up, she was done and he was successful male pair skater? How many years ago is it? I really struggle to see the pattern that you mentioned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information