German Skating News - Part 3

figureskatingforlife

Rumors has it Lorenz/Polizoakis left Novi.
Apparently they're not training there since a couple of days. No idea where they are. Maybe really only rumors? I hope they just left for choreography because they should focus on work and not change!

chameleonster

I did hear they were getting outside choreography again. They worked with Rohene and Najarro last season, which wouldn't necessitate them leaving the rink, but both Chock/Bates and Coomes/Buckland will be going to Colorado to work with Christopher Dean, Pogrebinsky/Benoit went to Canada to work with Shae-Lynn. So... Hard to say if it's a coaching change or not. They do seem to be close friends with Tobias/Tkachenko who just switched to Marina.

J

Jeschke

Speaking of german guys: any updates on Bjelde?
Was the injury career-ending?
Is he coming back?

figureskatingforlife

I don't think L/P will move to Marina even though they seem close to T/T.
Marina has the 2nd German couple. If she'd take L/P... it would be a slap for Muller/Dieck even though they just travel a couple of weeks in the season to the US. Let's not speculate to much ;-)

Bjelde retired, attending Columbia University in NYC according to his Facebook.

Sabine-Yuna

though i really like herceges skating, it is kinda weird to see her in the same category as schott, weinzierl and bock.
streubel failed to manage the scores to be included at all - so in which competition hercegs scores were enough for the b-status? :huh:
I think Herceg managed the 140 pts at Tallinn Trophy. She might have made it at Universiade too, although her FS was a catastrophy. As far as I remember DEU has had a list of competiotions that count and Universiade has not been at the list. Well... German Federation...

J

Jeschke

I think Herceg managed the 140 pts at Tallinn Trophy. She might have made it at Universiade too, although her FS was a catastrophy. As far as I remember DEU has had a list of competiotions that count and Universiade has not been at the list. Well... German Federation...
131pts she got at tallinn.
it has to be universiade i guess.

either way, i like her skating, but if she gets the same (financial) support like schott or weinzierl, something is really wrong here. sorry.

Sabine-Yuna

131pts she got at tallinn.
it has to be universiade i guess.

either way, i like her skating, but if she gets the same (financial) support like schott or weinzierl, something is really wrong here. sorry.
You have to have the 140pts twice. And I'm pretty sure Herceg got it at least once. Whereas Dastich and Hocke got it twice or even more often at the listed competitions and got stuck in the lower financing level. There must be any logic I just don't get.

J

Jeschke

You have to have the 140pts twice. And I'm pretty sure Herceg got it at least once. Whereas Dastich and Hocke got it twice or even more often at the listed competitions and got stuck in the lower financing level. There must be any logic I just don't get.
hocke/dastich are too young for the 'b' status, or?

Sabine-Yuna

hocke/dastich are too young for the 'b' status, or?
You just have to be age eligible to enter senior and both girls are. I think Bock was 16 or 17 when she got the b-status. Pair skater minerva haase was 14 and got just in because of taking part at europeans.

eurodance2001

Rumors has it Lorenz/Polizoakis left Novi.
Apparently they're not training there since a couple of days. No idea where they are. Maybe really only rumors? I hope they just left for choreography because they should focus on work and not change!

They have to qualify for the Olympics at Nebelhorn, right? So i would hope this is just for choreography and NOT a coaching change which could be disruptive. They have no time to waste

sandra_persch

though i really like herceges skating, it is kinda weird to see her in the same category as schott, weinzierl and bock.
streubel failed to manage the scores to be included at all - so in which competition hercegs scores were enough for the b-status? :huh:

She reached the required score for her age in 2 international competitions and therefore qualified for this status.
https://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5689

As she is aging out of C she had to reach the C scores but get B automatically.

sandra_persch

B is limited to 8 years max. Younger skaters can opt to stay in C longer, even though they fullfil the requirements for B to ensure they dont get cut out of B too early.
B requirements really ramp up big time in the later years whereas junior requirements are "easy" by comparison.
A few years back one of the skaters also mentioned that sometimes the C funding can work out higher than the B one, especially when you are not on the B Army squad and the local training centers have special free ice time allowances for promising junior skaters.

figureskatingforlife

J

Jeschke

German press release confirmed the switch of Lorenz/Polizoakis to Zoueva.
According to the article the info comes from fb, but I can't find anything on their page :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information