zebobes

FWIW Another skating federation that read conflicting documents in selective ways http://crdsc-sdrcc.ca/resource_centre/pdf/English/1053_SDRCC 23-0633.pdf

This was fascinating, I didn't realize how much went into this country switch. This lack of funding is probably why Corey Circelli switched to Italy, because in pre-Olympic years of a host country, their figure skating program is probably very well funded.

Anyways, the lesson we have learned, folks, is update your website, and know what your rules actually are, instead of making them up willy-nilly as you go.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Kaori and Wakaba have both commented -

They both seem pretty eager to receive their medals as quickly as possible too. I suspect both dearly wished the JSF had joined the USFS in the "more than medals" empty medal box campaign.
The lack of voice and spine from the JSF has been honestly infuriating. I find their silence cowardly. They were happy to let USFS take all the heat and "prove" to the Russians that it was a Western conspiracy.

Now they will happily take their medals and go home without ever having done anything real on the issue.

Marco

The lack of voice and spine from the JSF has been honestly infuriating. I find their silence cowardly. They were happy to let USFS take all the heat and "prove" to the Russians that it was a Western conspiracy.

Now they will happily take their medals and go home without ever having done anything real on the issue.
This is how JPN does politics though. Just look at who speaks out against China all the time and who takes the benefit.

Marco

What's funny is RUS is saying they still want to appeal the bronze (as in they feel they still deserve gold, regardless). If RUS honestly feels the KV case shouldn't / doesn't affect the results of the entire Team Event, they really should have immediately protested the fact that the medal ceremony was not held (when it wasn't).

I hope the current decision of RUS 3rd and CAN 4th is just a stupid math or rule oversight instead of a planned compromise.

Bigbird

What's funny is RUS is saying they still want to appeal the bronze (as in they feel they still deserve gold, regardless). If RUS honestly feels the KV case shouldn't / doesn't affect the results of the entire Team Event, they really should have immediately protested the fact that the medal ceremony was not held (when it wasn't).

I hope the current decision of RUS 3rd and CAN 4th is just a stupid math or rule oversight instead of a planned compromise.
Give them two sets of bronze medals or bronze for Canada only. Because the math is not mathin...Vote on it and move on. ROC playing the woe is me card for way way, way too long. We need to wrap this up. Why should we allow one country to overshadow the efforts of the WORLD?!

SkateFanBerlin

It’s time for a new skating union ..corruption since for-evah

USA, Canada, Japan, Korea and other counties from Europe who want to form should form a new union with new rules.

The corruption is so deep rooted it will never change..no transparency either and I don’t think ever will be
I tried to figure out the ISU voting on this. Lookinfg at the ISU site I couldnt readily figure out who would be eligiable to vote on this. I`m imagining that a couple of proposals were made. What we got was a compromise with the old Solviet block. Georgia, Hungary, Romania, etc. I`m imagining this. Does anyone know which countries/members got votes?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Former Lurve Goddess

Skate Canada's Michael Slipchuk (who's in Shanghai) was just interviewed on CBC News Network's morning show. Canada's position is that Madeline Schizas should be moved up to second place in the team event's women's standings and thus receive the points that would give Canada the bronze. There was more to the interview but I'm not really awake yet;) - hopefully CBC puts up a video.

honey

Skate Canada's Michael Slipchuk (who's in Shanghai) was just interviewed on CBC News Network's morning show. Canada's position is that Madeline Schizas should be moved up to second place in the team event's women's standings and thus receive the points that would give Canada the bronze. There was more to the interview but I'm not really awake yet;) - hopefully CBC puts up a video.
This is from The National evening broadcast last night. Starts at 18:47 into this. Probably part of the same interview? Jackie Wong and Meagan Duhamel are also interviewed.

https://youtu.be/cx581DqtioY?si=x3JlQ4FN_pcarUvP

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I'm so glad NBC moved quickly to get them on the Today show for the exposure and to try to put this back in the minds of the audience. I hope NBC also insists on honoring them during the Paris Games and forces the IOCs hand. Surely the billions NBC pays out for the rights can do more than decide what time gymnasts and figure skaters have to compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information