The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Per the Kiss & Cry, there are 18 teams signed up for the senior international at Lake Placid.

Excellent. Let's start this season off with a bang.

(Always likely some teams will pull out this early in the season, but still very promising. We don't have an actual entry list yet).
DavSmo are one of the 18 senior teams!

coralline

The entries for Lake Placid are out per their website
https://lakeplacidolympiccenter.com/todo/lake-placid-ice-dance-championships-international/

Sr
Adrienne CARHART/Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKIY AZE
Samantha RITTER/Daniel BRYKALOV AZE
Livvy SHILLING/Leo BAETEN BEL
Nadiia BASHYNSKA/Peter BEAUMONT CAN
Sandrine GAUTHIER/Quentin THIEREN CAN
Lily HENSEN/Nathaniel LICKERS CAN
Molly LANAGHAN/Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS CAN
Alyssa ROBINSON/Jacob PORTZ CAN
Diana DAVIS/Gleb SMOLKIN GEO
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA/Michael NOSOVITSKY ISR
Elizabeth TKACHENKO/Alexei KILIAKOV ISR
Leia DOZZI/Pietro PAPETTI ITA
Zoe LARSON/Andrii KAPRAN UKR
Oona BROWN/Gage BROWN USA
Angela LING/Caleb WEIN USA
Lorraine McNAMARA/Anton SPIRIDONOV USA
Eva PATE/Logan BYE USA
Emilea ZINGAS/Vadym KOLESNIK USA

Jr
Catharina GUEDES TIBAU/Cayden DAWSONBRA
Charlotte CHUNG/Axel MacKENZIECAN
Emma GOODSTADT/Christian BENNETTCAN
Sophia GOVER/Billy WILSON-FRENCHCAN
Alisa KORNEVA/Kieran MacDONALDCAN
Harlow STANLEY/Nikita SOSNENKOMEX
Kristina BLAND/Matthew SPERRYUSA
Helena CARHART/Volodymyr HOROVYIUSA
Anya LAVROVA/Jonathan ROGERSUSA
Caroline MULLEN/Brendan MULLENUSA
Leah NESET/Artem MARKELOVUSA
Elliana PEAL/Ethan PEALUSA

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Tkachenko & Kiliakov are going to compete in the senior event. That's interesting.
Perhaps they will do a split season (both junior and senior). They would potentially be formidable competition for the Noso sibs and there’s only one Euros spot.

Ena Grins

lol not me forgetting about Davis/Smolkin's country change I was like "Why are they on there???" then I saw GEO and went "Oh yeah"
I legitimately can't keep track of their country changes anymore, because I could've sworn the last we heard they were going to represent Israel. I just blocked the Georgia announcement out.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I was really hoping Bekker/Hernandez would make an appearance here so that’s a shame!
James is coaching at a camp this weekend so I guess they’re not back in full competitive season mode yet. If they’re starting their season at the August Qualifier it increases the likelihood of me schlepping to Sheffield, at least for the FDs!

I was going to say it feels early for teams with a decent chance of getting to Worlds to be starting their season, but lots of small fed teams on the entry list who will be hoping to make it to Montreal.

Dobre

I'm sad Makita & Gunara aren't listed. Seems like not a good sign.

I'm glad Bashynska & Beaumont are coming. I thought they might. It's a good place to earn senior minimums.
Perhaps they (Tkachenko & Kiliakov) will do a split season (both junior and senior).
I would think so. Skating both junior & senior is worth a try if they'd like to try to make the GP for next season. And even if they don't chase down the Nosovitsky siblings (or Ichilov & partner) this season, it can't hurt to start setting up that battle. How nice for Israel to have some competition.

I wonder if Ichilov might compete in the domestic event at Lake Placid. She did the domestic portion for her first event with a previous partner. Do we know if they are training here? (AKA do we know if he has a VISA?)

Karen-W

I would think so. Skating both junior & senior is worth a try if they'd like to try to make the GP for next season. And even if they don't chase down the Nosovitsky siblings (or Ichilov & partner) this season, it can't hurt to start setting up that battle. How nice for Israel to have some competition.

Re: Tkachenko/Kiliakov - I'd think they have a strong shot of making the JGPF if they do a split season and possibly be a dark horse for the podium at Jr Worlds. It would make good competitive sense to try for the senior mins early here and then focus on the junior circuit for the fall.
I wonder if Ichilov might compete in the domestic event at Lake Placid. She did the domestic portion for her first event with a previous partner. Do we know if they are training here? (AKA do we know if he has a VISA?)
She and her partner are training at Ice House, so I presume he has his Visa.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I'm glad Bashynska & Beaumont are coming. I thought they might. It's a good place to earn senior minimums.
Agreed. This is a good opportunity for them. I'm also thrilled that Gauthier/Thieren [JW7] will be competing here. They had a lot of good qualities as juniors last season, and even with Canada's deep field in dance, they deserve a chance to get out there internationally as seniors.

coralline

Thought it worth mentioning that there is an ice dance team representing Hong Kong who are competing at the Chinese domestic competitions this summer. From the Kiss & Cry sub-forum thread -

Yes, they are from Beijing Dance Academy. Han Wan Chau has Hong Kong citizenship but not Ran Kang. It seems that they won‘t compete internationally.

On My Own

I feel like I remember some Chinese "interdisciplinary teams" that did both dance and took up ice dance, and I think they did go to Beijing Dance Academy as well. Interesting to see they extended this to Hong Kong teams.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Han Wan Chau has Hong Kong citizenship but not Ran Kang. It seems that they won‘t compete internationally.
Only one member of a team needs to have status in the country the team represents for ISU purposes, including championships. Only for the Olympics/YOG do both need citizenship.

Unless there are age or release issues, why wouldn't they compete for HKG in international competition?

On My Own

Only one member of a team needs to have status in the country the team represents for ISU purposes, including championships. Only for the Olympics/YOG do both need citizenship.

Unless there are age or release issues, why wouldn't they compete for HKG in international competition?
Coralline might just be unsure of the rules...

Karen-W

Coralline might just be unsure of the rules...
Or maybe the HK skating fed requires both athletes to have Hong Kong citizenship?

I guess we'll have to see whether or not they show up at any international competitions this year. If they're sent to Denis Ten Memorial then they'll surely get the TES mins for 4CCs, maybe even Worlds, lol.

On My Own

Or maybe the HK skating fed requires both athletes to have Hong Kong citizenship?
Yeah, or rumours they don't want to compete, I guess.

Karen-W

Yeah, or rumours they don't want to compete, I guess.

Well, then why even compete domestically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information