2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

Debbie S

Not sure if I'm missing something or just can't tell, but anyone know if the K&C will be around section 107 or section 119?
I ask because I'm one of the odd ones who prefers sitting on the short side (you get the whole rink view from your seat without having to turn your head), but don't want to have the bright K&C lights right next to me.
I assume it's 107, since that is the section blocked off (for Worlds, they usually put media above the K&C).

Chellersm

I assume it's 107, since that is the section blocked off (for Worlds, they usually put media above the K&C).
I was assuming 107 for the same reason. And I'm assuming that the judges will be at 112-114 because that section looks blocked off?

gatorinfl

It looks like a lot of seats are already sold. Would that be federation membership mostly or tours? Sort of frustrating. That is what I found when I purchased tickets for 2020 at 9 a.m. on the first presale day. I didn’t get very great seats. I could only pick the section, not the seat as I recall.

What about all of those seats at the end? Are they being held back for some reason?

kalamalka

It looks like a lot of seats are already sold. Would that be federation membership mostly or tours? Sort of frustrating. That is what I found when I purchased tickets for 2020 at 9 a.m. on the first presale day. I didn’t get very great seats. I could only pick the section, not the seat as I recall.

What about all of those seats at the end? Are they being held back for some reason?
They may be for teams/credentialed people. There's usually a section or two, often at the end.

Debbie S

107 is blocked, as noted upthread. IIRC, tour groups did take parts of the end sections (and probably parts of other sections) in 2003.

skipaway

Will we be buying through Ticketmaster?
It looks as if we can actually pick a seat vs having to keep looking around

YukiNieve

So you were not able to choose a seat at pre-sale?

gatorinfl

So you were not able to choose a seat at pre-sale?
No, if I’m recalling correctly I could only pick a section and not a specific seat. It did tell me the seat before I made the purchase with my cc but if I had refused I would have been back in the queue to start over. This was the very first hour of the presale.

YukiNieve

No, if I’m recalling correctly I could only pick a section and not a specific seat. It did tell me the seat before I made the purchase with my cc but if I had refused I would have been back in the queue to start over. This was the very first hour of the presale.
Thanks!

smurfy

The email I received states presale 6/12 - but the link above has a presale - that you can unlock. Are there 2 different presales. The email I recd states by being on the mailing list - 6/12 is available. This is confusing.

ChristineB

The email I received states presale 6/12 - but the link above has a presale - that you can unlock. Are there 2 different presales. The email I recd states by being on the mailing list - 6/12 is available. This is confusing.
Best as I can tell, there are two "pre-sales" going on. The first one already started and applies only to Federations. Lots of seats are already taken, based on the Ticketmaster view. (It does allow folks to pick seats, though - you just have to select the option or it will automatically pick the "best seat" based on your price range.)

On June 12th, another pre-sale starts and people who signed up on the Skate Canada site (for notifications) should be receiving a code. Not sure when that's coming, but I haven't received anything yet.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Current presale appears to be for Skate Canada members. The presale starting Monday is for those who signed up for their email list to get a code.

peibeck

Simply looking
It looks like AA-FF and then A. So A would be the 7th row.

If you are on desktop, you can play around with the sliding price range tab. It looks like the most expensive tix (low rows, center sections) are around $1300 USD. Next category is $985 USD and starts in row N, center sections. Next is around $600 USD for end sections and the cheaper tix are the 200 level. It's probably more specific than that but that's what I could determine w/o a code.

So the first 21 rows of center ice are $1300??? (AA to row N) Am I reading that correctly??? 😳

Japanfan

On June 12th, Skate Canada's pre-sale starts and people who signed up on their site should be receiving a code. Not sure when that's coming, but I haven't received anything yet.
Seems to me I bought tix already? I'm sure I did, but didn't hang on to any confirmation for some reason. Have to check my bank account I guess. I was expecting tix to arrive some time ago IIRC.

ETA: Yes I did buy them, in April.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
So the first 21 rows of center ice are $1300??? (AA to row N) Am I reading that correctly??? 😳
Thats Canadian, so for you guys in the States about $50! Just kidding but it is with todays rate $950 in US

4rkidz

Seems to me I bought tix already? I'm sure I did, but didn't hang on to any confirmation for some reason. Have to check my bank account I guess. I was expecting tix to arrive some time ago IIRC.
They are not for sale yet?

Debbie S

The first few rows are probably more. :) Like i said, that's all I could figure out w/o a code by playing with the sliding tab. And that's USD.

ice coverage

Per seating map on Montreal2024 site, there are six categories of tix: Premium; and P1 through P5.

2024-WCH-Seating-Map-V21024_1.jpg

https://montreal2024.com/ticket-information/

Judges' Stand is shown at Sections 112-114, and Kiss & Cry at Section 107.
(Section numbers are legible here [scroll down]: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/31005EB3A76C3D85?lang=en-ca&brand=evenko )

Debbie S

But of course they don't list the prices.

Based on what I saw with the sliding price tab, P2 is about $1300 USD, P3 is just under $1000 USD, P4 is around $600 USD, and P5/200 level are the $450 CAD "starting" tix.

I would assume the premium seats are around/over $2K and P1 is between $1500 and $2000 (USD).

4rkidz

ETA: Yes I did buy them, in April.
Are you sure you don’t mean skate Canada in BC as that was in April? I am a Skate Canada member and our pre sale is now.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Urk. I knew it’d be expensive but sigh. My concern is whether I’ll be able to appreciate the skating enough from a P4 seat…

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information