The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bournekraatzfan

"Memorabilia" time

Guignard/Fabbri's debut at Italian Nationals over 13 years ago

They lost to Federica Testa/Christopher Mior.
Thank you for posting! I’ve now rewatched their skates and their reactions after both RD and FD a few times. I love their bold edges, their facility on the blade, and I really do think they’re the best team on the podium. First Euros and now this—what a season!

This audience really helped make the event. In interviews, they and many other skaters talked about how they’ve been so warmly received and made to feel at home here. I particularly love the electric response when skaters approach the boards.

Lara111

Well I thought the GOE given to C/B was an embarrassment.

Charlene/Marco are the best skaters(as a team at this competition) in my opinion. The difficulty in their programs was finally rewarded today, finally.
Laurence/Nick skated well. Nick has improved this season and Laurence is Laurence, aka an exceptional skater, dancer, performer.
Piper/Paul - They looked slow at time and tenative. Sucks for them.
Lilah/Lewis looked much improved and we all they are going to PERFORM.

I like so many teams in the top 10, however the Fins are really ready for primetime. Both are very good skaters, performers and GREAT packaging.

The Tashlers are incredible. The ice coverage is simply exceptional. I hope they are get two spots for Czechia because this country deserves it.
The score C/B got was an embarrassment to the ice dancers of all times

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I'm honestly surprised we didn't see it suggest kicking the Danadians out of the country as well when all the rest of the top 10-worthy IAM teams have their visas revoked

Hahaha your post reminds me of this yurokis post in 2016

Great news they are in the drivers seat now the Canadian fed has the power to ship back the french to lyon if they are not happy, they are only guest here unlike V&M, i Wonder if Romain will also be part of the team.

:rofl:

I promise this will be my last post on this subject!

Rhumba d’Amour

Just sitting here idly wondering what Fear & Gibson could do for their FD next year.

Anyone want to guess? Cher, maybe? Celine Dion, in honor of Worlds being in Canada?

I personally would like to see them expand their range a bit, because they probably have it in them. And now they are fourth in the world, so the time to expand and grow might be now.

On the other hand, if it ain’t broke, why fix it?

skategal

Bunny mama
Just sitting here idly wondering what Fear & Gibson could do for their FD next year.

Anyone want to guess? Cher, maybe? Celine Dion, in honor of Worlds being in Canada?

I personally would like to see them expand their range a bit, because they probably have it in them. And now they are fourth in the world, so the time to expand and grow might be now.

Justin Bieber? :saint:

litenkyckling

I think the RD theme was chosen with teams like them in mind so I’m sure that will work for them but I do think they’ll need to contrast that a bit for the FD (mainly for their own sanity as they will have to listen to what they choose every day for like 9 months).

I’d like them to maybe like interact with each other more on the ice. I always feel like I’m watching a dancy pairs programme with them - they could do with looking at each other a bit more and I’d love to see them tackle some more closed holds. Music wise though I’m not sure what my personal dream choice for them would be.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I’m probably going to instantly regret this, but home factor absolutely played a part in their 11th place, especially in the RD.

Agreed. The idea that Muramoto & Takahashi were somehow better than the French couples in the RD is absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, I mean, Lopareva biffing the twizzles and nearly crashing into Brissaud had no effect on their scores at all...

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I take alot of issue with the generous GOE and PCS M&T received. That program had minimal ice coverage and very few transitions. The choreography was mostly just posing and hamming it up for the judges.
I can respect you taking issue with the GOE and the Skating Skills PCS for KanaDai. Maybe Composition PCS as well, but they had the Performance/Interpretation PCS in spades over LopBri, whose RD this year was really bland - and that's actually the only PCS category they DID win over LopBri. As it was, LopBri were only .12 behind KanaDai after the RD. They would have been much closer to CarPon had Evgeniia not biffed those twizzles.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Not sure if this was posted in this thread, but @clairecloutier did a great interview with Lajoie/Lagha.
Just wanted to share an interview that I did with Lajoie/Lagha at Four Continents:

I thought this quote from Lajoie about the change from the pattern dance to choreographic dance was interesting.

Lajoie: I think for the people who are watching, it’s fun [for them] to see different stuff. Because in the pattern dance, everyone does the same, and they [the audience] don’t understand the difference. So with the choreo step, for them, it’s just more fun to watch. That’s what I think.

For me, it's exactly the opposite. Worlds is probably the first competition all season where I watched so many RDs back-to-back and I got tired of the rhythm and it blended into a sea of sameness. Ironically, I really missed the Pattern Dance because it gave a direct point of comparison. Otherwise, the lifts and steps performed can be different enough between teams that the only apples-to-apples comparison are the twizzles. So it felt like seeing one FD after another and they all had the same theme. The audience can be educated on what to look for in the patterns and by requiring the same steps, you actually do see the differences between teams. I hope the ISU brings the pattern dance back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information