Qatar World Cup 2022

love skating

Clueless American
What an exciting game! Looked like Argentina domination until midway through the second half. I had to leave for church before the second 15 minute overtime. I recorded it and since soccer is not popular here I did not hear anyone spoil the result. Came home to watch the final 15 minutes and penalty kicks. Wow so much action in that short 15 minutes! Congrats to Argentina - our lifelong good family friend is from Argentina so she must be over the moon today. I really loved Mbappe throughout the whole tournament - good for him to win the golden boot!

Jimena

Sad for Mbappe. He is so amazing.

What was the issue between Mbappe and Macron that people are making a big deal of?

skatingguy

decently
Sad for Mbappe. He is so amazing.
Mbappe won the World Cup 4 years ago, and will have several more tries before his career is over to do so again.
What was the issue between Mbappe and Macron that people are making a big deal of?
Not sure what you are referring you - Mbappe seems to have a good relationship with Macron, but maybe I missed something.

Lacey

I am a huge sports fan, but we don't see as much soccer--football here in US as I would like to become more knowledgeable. But from a sports fan's point of view, that whole game was almost mind bending, here, there and everywhere.

Congratulations to both teams, to Messi and to Mbappe.

Jimena

Mbappe won the World Cup 4 years ago, and will have several more tries before his career is over to do so again.

Not sure what you are referring you - Mbappe seems to have a good relationship with Macron, but maybe I missed something.
Sure, he's young and he might have more tries in him, but so many things could happen that prevent him from giving it another shot. And this one still hurts.

About the Macron thing, people commented on how stoic Mbappe looked when Macron came to console him on the field. That's all.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I really don’t watch football but DH tuned in towards the supposed end when it was still 2-0. The way France scored so quickly to tie it up had me hooked. That was great but I also realize this was a unicorn. I did already inform him we are getting tickets for an early round when it is in our city in 2026. Not sure how getting tickets works but cannot really pass it up when we don’t have to pay for flights or hotel.

Asli

Macron being too huggy-touchy with Mbappé after the defeat, first in the pitch and then during the ceremony, when Mbappé seemed to want to get away from him. Presumably he hoped that some of Mbappé's popularity would rub onto him. ;)

Macron also went into the changing room after the match and made a speech to the players while they looked like they wished the ground to swallow them up. Not very tactful. :rolleyes: Also acted like a demented teenager during the match. Trying and failing to prove that he's not the elite but a man of the people.

Since I've started, let me also mention that going to Qatar TWICE at a total cost of half a million euros to the taxpayers doesn't go down well when he had asked all households to save fuel by lowering the heat by a couple of degrees.

D&Sfan4ever

Living in a Snark
We’ll have to put with them for the next four years as their neighbors.
They’ll be absolutely unbearable :lol:

The mood in Buenos Aires must be insane now.

...resurfacing here, still a bit drunk i think :40beers:
Oh please, like you Brazilians are so humble, you all have never, ever, said anything about your pentacampeão do mundo ;);););) Let us gloat for a bit.:D
... and yes, we went a bit insane, 6 million people celebrating it the streets will do that to you. Almost a month after the fact you still can see people in argentinian shirts while walking in the streets, chanting our unoficial anthem, sung by the players (with updated lyrics) on the plane back home.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
...resurfacing here, still a bit drunk i think :40beers:
Oh please, like you Brazilians are so humble, you all have never, ever, said anything about your pentacampeão do mundo ;);););) Let us gloat for a bit.:D
... and yes, we went a bit insane, 6 million people celebrating it the streets will do that to you. Almost a month after the fact you still can see people in argentinian shirts while walking in the streets, chanting our unoficial anthem, sung by the players (with updated lyrics) on the plane back home.
Non!
We never brag and tease about anything, ever!!! :rofl:
Especially us in Rio Grande do Sul :p
You have the pope AND are world champions???
At least you guys haven’t invaded everything north of Capão da Canoa like in the 90’s :lol:

I can only imagine the happy chaotic atmosphere of that Sunday night there.
Even we were happy for you guys in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information