The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinplus

Piper's is just noticeably worse than Paul. their scores and program ain’t it today..very propped up by GOE. Bring back levels making a difference.

SidelineSkater

Corrupt american Judge Richard Dalley put piper and paul dead last in tech should be investigated.
Maybe you should investigate the FIN judge who gave them an even lower score than USA? Are they not corrupt too?

Or maybe because G/P had the LOWEST base value in tech?

Or what about the horrible CAN judge who put C/B LOWER than the score USA gave G/P?

Debbie S

Looking at Skating Scores, I think it's the FIN judge who should be investigated. :shuffle:

Interestingly, C/B had more firsts than G/P. G/P's total score got a boost from the CZE judge.

And on the subject of the USA judge, the score he gave C/B was lower than the score the CAN judge gave G/P.

litenkyckling

I personally like Chock/Bates' RD a lot more than a lot of others do...
I think it could be vastly improved if they changed the rhumba piece of music to something that was less boring/elevator and perhaps something with more genuine Latin in it. Personally I lose my interest when the slower piece starts.

(I don’t think many of the RDs are any good this year - I think I find theirs a let down as I had higher expeditions. No RD for me though will be as bad as G/P and all the wicked game ones though)

Colonel Green

The most interesting result for me was how competitive the Mrazeks' score was even with the error. While the other dancers weren't perfect either in terms of levels, etc., I would say that today confirmed that the judges really see them as being noticeably ahead of the rest of the junior field.

angi

The most interesting result for me was how competitive the Mrazeks' score was even with the error. While the other dancers weren't perfect either in terms of levels, etc., I would say that today confirmed that the judges really see them as being noticeably ahead of the rest of the junior field.
Having watched junior dance today for the first time this season I can see why, they are a class above the rest. Both partners have strong skating skills, I feel like she performs better and he has better fundamental skating skills but they balance each other well and he has strong partnering abilities that make them stand out as a team. And when you combine all of these things with a strong RD you get a team having a breakout season.
I would have had the Brits in 1st and the Canadians in 2nd, the lack of matching lines and polish from B/B really takes away from their performances, at least in my eyes.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I think people need to stop declaring teams completely dead and encouraging them to skip the GPF or even to retire just because of one or two off performances.
THIS! I was actually hoping that ChoBat would wind up in 1st after GilPoir skated, just to see a bunch of online know-it-alls (Like TSL and more than a few folks here) heads explode in shock. Yeah, I'm here for the online entertainment value, lol.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I'm not getting why people think Mrazek's were so good in today's dance, if they hadn't fallen. They had too much speed. It was overwhelmingly any sense of character of that dance. And then for good measure they wiped out. They need to tone it down and attend to some of the other aspects.

I thought Bekker and Hernandez had the great intensity needed for the character of the tango. And Bashynska and Beaumont skated beautifully.

Any of them could win tomorrow. Lim & Quan have a sensational Free Dance so it could be them.

The seniors was fun because it was deservedly so close. I felt like Guignard & Fabbri were just off the great performance they had last time out or they might have been first, but Chock & Bates were right there with Gilles & Poirier. Tomorrow should be great.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Kolesnik is easily the best of the four American dancers Zingas/Kolesnik and Pate/Bye. Would have been nice to see the event, though.
It’s a shame we couldn’t see it, I am very interested to see Z/K again. I saw the video of their FD from the US finals recently without realising who she was, and found I couldn’t take my eyes off him. But it felt like he wasn’t doing enough (not their fault obviously) and that he was almost holding back, waiting for her. Then when I realised who she was and read their story I was just amazed and impressed that she’d switched to ice dance and got to that level so quickly! Looking forward to seeing how they progress and I’m sure she’ll keep improving.

Karen-W

So, before I fell asleep earlier, I rewatched the GPF RD on my computer - so much better than half-watching on my phone while at work, lol - and I can't believe people here on FSU haven't realized the reason behind ChoBat's improved RD and placement compared to the rest of the field... Evan ditched the jacket he wore at SkAm and NHK. Now, he is bling-less, like he was the past 2 seasons. Clearly, blingy Evan < non-blingy Evan!

text_skate

I haven't had much time to watch skating this season (next to none). Yesterday I saw G/P's FD for the first time. I liked it, particularly Paul. The best male ice dancer for me is Jean-Luc in the current field. He's just great, posture, fun, the way he is moving. Could watch him all day long.
Because of German team I watched junior RD (apart from Grimm/Savitskiy I didn't know any of the teams). Was very impressed by Czech team. Her dress! Pity they had the fall. Definitely will watch junior FDs.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
I'm not getting why people think Mrazek's were so good in today's dance, if they hadn't fallen. They had too much speed. It was overwhelmingly any sense of character of that dance. And then for good measure they wiped out. They need to tone it down and attend to some of the other aspects.
Yes, I don't get the love for them either. They are very fast, but there wasn't much musicality and her posture is distractingly bad. They need to calm everything down.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Well this engagement was even shorter than Kerry/Donohue’s 😂

Karen-W

Just gonna throw this in here...

Spouses can obtain Turkish citizenship after 3 years of marriage and it doesn't look like there is a residency requirement...

litenkyckling

I cannot put into words how uncomfortable I find this. Who do they think they’re convincing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information