2022-23 Program Music and Choreographers

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Carreira/Ponomarenko have posted a preview of their new RD to the Juju Orchestra's "Kind of a Latin Rhythm" (presumably their actual music): https://www.instagram.com/p/CjJCdMHPV37/
FINALLY SOMETHING omg I actually really love that section they showed. Very intrigued. Now pls give me some of your free dance (which is the one I'm more worried about honestly hahaha).

litenkyckling

Carreira/Ponomarenko have posted a preview of their new RD to the Juju Orchestra's "Kind of a Latin Rhythm" (presumably their actual music): https://www.instagram.com/p/CjJCdMHPV37/
I have to say, I think this music choice in the RD is inspired. If the whole thing is music selections from Juju Orchestra then great! It's a classy, grown up and unexpected take on the theme - which I think their previous choices have sometimes lacked.

Sylvia

TBD
Adam Siao Him Fa: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054795.htm
SP: "Rain, In Your Black Eyes" by Ezio Bosso, Chamber orchestra
FS: "Horizons" by Cédric Tour / "Horizons Into Battlegrounds" by Woodkid / "Minus Sixty One" by Woodkid / "Run Boy Run" by Woodkid
Choreographer: Benoit Richaud
Musical arrangement: Cedric Tour

He shared the themes of his programs before he debuted them Lombardia Trophy (along with "a short extract from my free program"): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiiVhLQo4JX/
... We decided to create a story between the Short and the Long. Both programs are connected by the musical arrangement, the costumes and the choreography.
It's a love story. But above all it is a story for everyone. The short program tell a memory of the past between a person and the character I embody. I made a mistake and one evening in the rain after an argument, everything ended and I regret that it ended like this… Then in the free skating, I go back to the past to have a second chance. I manage to make up for my mistake and I finally get my redemption.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
ISU bios for Hawayek/Baker and Green/Parsons are updated ahead of Finlandia with their music selections for the season. Some very interesting choices - Do we have an "I Love Lucy" inspired RD coming our way from HawBak? And I'm intrigued by GrePar's FD choice!

Hawayek/Baker - http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054329.htm
Music Rhythm Dance as of season 2022/2023
Samba: Cuban Pete by-Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Joe Davis, Oswaldo Farrés
Rhumba: Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Quizas, Quizas, Quias) by Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Jose Norman
Samba: El Cumbanchero by Desi Arnaz and His Orchestra, Xavier Cugat, Rafael Hernandez
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2022/2023
Requiem by Askjell Solstrand
Sofia by Aurora Aksnes, Askjell Solstrand, Vilde Iris Hartveit Kolltveit

Green/Parsons - http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107799.htm
Music Rhythm Dance as of season 2022/2023
Samba: Vocalizado by Alessandro Oliviato
Rhumba: Historia De Un Amor by Cesaria Evora
Samba: Boutique by Watazu
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2022/2023
Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

jmtfti

Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen now have a rhythm dance, according to their ISU bio:

Rhumba: Con Los Anos Que Me Quedan by Gloria Estefan
Rhythm Is Gonna Get You by Gloria Estefan
Conga by Gloria Estefan

The free dance may be left for an actual competition reveal. :unsure:

jmtfti

And we have a full ISU bio update from Carreira/Ponomarenko!

RD:
Samba: Kind Of Latin Rhythm by The Juju Orchestra
Rhumba: (Where do I begin) Love Story by Shirley Bassey - Something Else (remastered)
Samba by Gloria Estefan - BRAZIL305

FD:
Rainy Streets (Backbone soundtrack) by Danshin & Arooj
Public Disquiet (Backbone soundtrack) by Danshin & Arooj
Summertime (from Porgy and Bess) by Gerorge Gershwin, perf. by Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald
Summertime by 101 Strings Orchestra

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
And we have a full ISU bio update from Carreira/Ponomarenko!

RD:
Samba: Kind Of Latin Rhythm by The Juju Orchestra
Rhumba: (Where do I begin) Love Story by Shirley Bassey - Something Else (remastered)
Samba by Gloria Estefan - BRAZIL305

FD:
Rainy Streets (Backbone soundtrack) by Danshin & Arooj
Public Disquiet (Backbone soundtrack) by Danshin & Arooj
Summertime (from Porgy and Bess) by Gerorge Gershwin, perf. by Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald
Summertime by 101 Strings Orchestra
The first two selections for the RD have a retro feel - very 60s/70s jazzy Latin. I can especially see the first one working well with what we've seen from CarPon in the past. There's a long instrumental section at the end of the Gloria Estefan song (a good minute+) that I could see meshing with the first two songs, plus have a nice pop to end the program with.

I can see the pieces from the Backbone soundtrack mixing very nicely with Summertime.

Rukia

Backbone? The indie game about a drunken raccoon private eye? Can't wait for the costumes. ;)
I hope someone is submitting this game for AGDQ so I can combine my knowledge of speedrunning and ice dance into one epic pbp and/or twitch chat.

I worry when you get 4 songs in there you're going to get some wonky edits, but I am hype since this seems much more in their wheelhouse while still being interesting.

Kateri

void beast
I hope someone is submitting this game for AGDQ so I can combine my knowledge of speedrunning and ice dance into one epic pbp and/or twitch chat.

I worry when you get 4 songs in there you're going to get some wonky edits, but I am hype since this seems much more in their wheelhouse while still being interesting.
:sekret: I hear if you mash the twizzle button right as you activate the chocktaw, you can exploit the input buffer and save twelve frames on the midline step sequence.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu

RD: Cha Cha: Katchi (Ofenbach vs. Nick Waterhouse) Remix
Samba: Bananeira (Banana Tree) feat. Mr. Vegas
Samba: Batucadas

FD: The Batman Theme - Something In The Way (The Batman soundtrack) by Krutikov Music
Sonata in Darkness by Michael Giacchino
The Batman Trailer Music (The Batman soundtrack) by Sh4d0wStrider

Choreographers: Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012691.htm

litenkyckling

Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu

RD: Cha Cha: Katchi (Ofenbach vs. Nick Waterhouse) Remix
Samba: Bananeira (Banana Tree) feat. Mr. Vegas
Samba: Batucadas

FD: The Batman Theme - Something In The Way (The Batman soundtrack) by Krutikov Music
Sonata in Darkness by Michael Giacchino
The Batman Trailer Music (The Batman soundtrack) by Sh4d0wStrider

Choreographers: Marie-France Dubreuil, Romain Haguenauer

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012691.htm
Marie France really wants to make Batman in ice dance happen doesn’t she

Rukia

No, this is just more proof of CarPon being recognized by the rest of the ice dance world as iconic and legendary ahead of everyone else, including the judges. We will have Batman dances and Wicked Game forever, thanks to their prescience!
Trendsetters, icons, no one does it like them, your faves could never, etc etc

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Alexa Knierim/Brandon Frazier
SP: "Separate Ways" by Journey and Steve Perry, from the "Stranger Things" season 4 soundtrack
(See comment section for complete song info)

chantilly

Alexa Knierim/Brandon Frazier
SP: "Separate Ways" by Journey and Steve Perry, from the "Stranger Things" season 4 soundtrack
(See comment section for complete song info)
I truly don’t know how I feel about this choice.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Isabella Flores/Ivan Desyatov
RD: "Tiburon" by Proyecto Uno
Choreographer: Elena Dostatni

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Originally posted by @dancelion21 in Chock / Bates' fan thread:

Music Announcement:

RD Music: "Let's Dance" by David Bowie (remix by Ben Liebrand)
FD Music: "Fem III" and "Tectoniques" by Jorane

Choreographers: Marie-France Dubreuil, Gigi Cournoyer, Sam Chouinard

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information