2022-23 ISU Grand Prix Assignments are published

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Updated Alternates Lists - Host TBD spots do not need to be on the SB Top 75 lists, nor do they need to meet the total score minimum.

Men - 1 open spot at SkAm; USA TBD @SkAm, FRA TBD @GPdF, JPN TBD @NHK
Miura (SCI)
Yamamoto (GPdF)
Kerry (SkAm)
Litvintsev (MKJW)
Miyake (SkAm)
Frangipani (NHK)
A. Selevko (SCI)
S. Lee (GPdF)
Shimada (MKJW)
Zandron (NHK)
Egadze (NHK)

Next to be added:
Honda (Espoo)
Reshtenko (GPdF)
Orzel (SCI)
Levandi (Espoo)
Hiwatashi (NHK)
Majorov (Espoo)
Britschgi (SCI)
Carrillo (SkAm)
Shmuratko (GPdF)
Starostin (none)

Circelli (MKJW)
Memola - JGP
Sjoberg (none)
Kapeikis (SkAm)
Newberry (MKJW)
Guarino Sabate (none)

Women - USA TBD @SkAm, FRA TBD @GPdF, JPN TBD @NHK
Kiibus (Espoo)
Yun (SkAm)
Wi (NHK)
Park (SkAm)
Pinzarrone (MKJW)
Yokoi (SCI)
Kitromilis (SkAm)
Paganini (MKJW)
Izzo (MKJW)
Ruiter (none - also injured)
Andrews (NHK)
Daleman (SCI)

Next to be added:
Ziegler (none)
van Zundert (GPdF)
Brezinova (SCI)
Sumiyoshi (GPdF)
Ji (NHK)
Zhu (SkAm)
Serna (GPdF)
Wang (none)
Sauter (MKJW)
Peltonen (Espoo)

Saarinen (Espoo)
Schumacher (SCI)

Pairs - 2 open spots at SkAm; USA TBD @SkAm, 2 CAN TBD @SCI, FRA TBD @GPdF
1) Roscher/Schuster GER (51) (MKJW)
2) Holichenko/Darenskiy UKR (55) (Espoo - unable to get visas for SkAm)
3) Chernyshova/Windsor AUS (60) (NHK)
4) Crafoord/Crafoord SWE (63) (SkAm)

Teams that do not have the Total Score Minimum for GP assignments:
5) Vaipan-Law/Digby GBR (64) 132.56 (MKJW host spot - scheduled to compete at US Classic)
6) Osipova/Epstein NED (69) 119.00 (scheduled to compete at Nebelhorn)
7) Simioli/Zarbo ITA (75) - status unknown 97.73

Dance - FRA TBD @GPdF, JPN TBD @NHK

Bratti/Somerville (SCI)
Komatsubara/Koleto (SCI)
Fabbri/Ayer (MKJW)
Pate/Bye (GPdF)
Lanaghan/Razgulajevs (GPdF)
Janse van Rensburg/Steffan (SkAm)
Lauriault/Le Gac (SkAm)
Cesanek/Yehorov (SCI)
Harris/Chan (SCI)
Lagouge/Caffa (Espoo)

Next up to be added:
Sales/Wamsteeker (MKJW)
Ling/Wein (none)
Nosovitskaya/Nosovitskiy (SCI)
McNamara/Spiridonov (SkAm - per USFS Int'l Assignments page - not reflected on ISU grid yet)
Chen/Sun (none)
Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky (none)
Polibina/Golovishnikov (none)
Ignateva/Szemko (none)

Last edited:

Karen-W

Vladimir Litvintsev crossed out from Sheffield
Ryabova crossed out of Skate Canada

Visa issues?
Maybe? IIRC, Litvintsev is still training in Moscow. But, most Russians seem to still be traveling freely to Armenia and I can't imagine he'd have a problem continuing to Azerbaijan, presuming his Azerbaijani passport has not been confiscated.

Ryabova is back in France now, but she's been working at different camps all summer, so it could be a matter of not having programs ready yet.

Updating the Alternates list for the Men - Litvintsev comes off the Alternates list as he is not eligible for a replacement assignment:
Men - 1 open spot at SkAm, 1 open spot at MKJW; USA TBD @SkAm, FRA TBD @GPdF, JPN TBD @NHK
Miura (SCI)
Yamamoto (GPdF)
Litvintsev (MKJW)
Miyake (SkAm)
Frangipani (NHK)
A. Selevko (SCI)
S. Lee (GPdF)
Shimada (MKJW)
Zandron (NHK)
Egadze (NHK)
Honda (Espoo)

Next to be added:
Reshtenko (GPdF)
Orzel (SCI)
Levandi (Espoo)
Hiwatashi (NHK)
Majorov (Espoo)
Britschgi (SCI)
Carrillo (SkAm)
Shmuratko (GPdF)
Starostin (none)
Circelli (MKJW)

Sjoberg (none)
Kapeikis (SkAm)
Newberry (MKJW)
Guarino Sabate (none)

And the Women's Alternates list:
Women - 1 open spot at SCI (Pinzarrone has been invited to fill the spot vacated by Lim); USA TBD @SkAm, FRA TBD @GPdF, JPN TBD @NHK
Kiibus (Espoo)
Yun (SkAm)
Wi (NHK)
Park (SkAm)
Yokoi (SCI)
Kitromilis (SkAm)
Paganini (MKJW)
Izzo (MKJW)
Ruiter (none - also injured)
Andrews (NHK)
Daleman (SCI)

Next to be added:
Ziegler (none)
van Zundert (GPdF)
Brezinova (SCI)
Sumiyoshi (GPdF)
Ji (NHK)
Zhu (SkAm)
Serna (GPdF)
Wang (none)
Sauter (MKJW)
Peltonen (Espoo)

Saarinen (Espoo)
Schumacher (SCI)

airgelaal

There are other athletes skating for Azerbaijan this season. Ritter & Brykalov (who are based in Canada right now), have been competing.
I may be wrong, but I don’t see anyone at the JGP either.
But Ryabova isn't crossed out of NHK

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Maybe? IIRC, Litvintsev is still training in Moscow. But, most Russians seem to still be traveling freely to Armenia and I can't imagine he'd have a problem continuing to Azerbaijan, presuming his Azerbaijani passport has not been confiscated.
Wouldn’t imagine it advisable for someone holding an Azerbaijani passport to travel to or via Armenia given the ongoing conflict between the two countries. :shuffle:

Karen-W

Wouldn’t imagine it advisable for someone holding an Azerbaijani passport to travel to or via Armenia given the ongoing conflict between the two countries. :shuffle:
Yeah, I thought about that, but wasn't sure how difficult travel is (if it exists at all) between the two countries.

FWIW - Litvintsev hasn't shown up on any of the early Challengers entry lists - last season he did both Lombardia and Nebelhorn, so it may be as simple as him deciding to hang up his skates now that he's made it to the Olympics.

airgelaal

Yeah, I thought about that, but wasn't sure how difficult travel is (if it exists at all) between the two countries.

FWIW - Litvintsev hasn't shown up on any of the early Challengers entry lists - last season he did both Lombardia and Nebelhorn, so it may be as simple as him deciding to hang up his skates now that he's made it to the Olympics.
He was there because he hadn't Olympic spot.
He had plans for this season, so I don't think he decided to quit

Karen-W

I asked Litvintsev if the removal of his entry had to do with visa issue, and he was unaware that he had been removed. So there's that..
Maybe @cholla should ask Geoffrey or Rina if they know what's happening with her removal from SCI...

airgelaal

I asked Litvintsev if the removal of his entry had to do with visa issue, and he was unaware that he had been removed. So there's that..
So I guess I was right and its strange decision of federation.

Karen-W

So I guess I was right and its strange decision of federation.
Or a miscommunication of some sort. And it also doesn't explain why Ryabova was removed from SCI but not NHK.

I'm sure it will get sorted out.

I'm still waiting for Kvitelashvili, who is still busy doing shows (Armenia last week), to be crossed off the entry lists because I just don't think he's interested in competing this coming season. I could be wrong.

Lacey

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Karen-W

what????. Nice. I was thinking that she would. Wait is champs camp over?
Yup - this past weekend. She was the only skater invited who didn't already have a GP assignment, so it seemed kind of obvious it would be her, especially since her Philly Summer score is way above what any other US senior women have scored so far at NQS comps, Philly and Cranberry.

Karen-W

Women's and Ice Dance grids have been updated today to reflect the SkAm spots officially announced by the USFS yesterday (Gold & McNamara/Spiridonov) as well as Pinzarrone's assignment to SCI. Ryabova is still crossed out of SCI and the newly announced JSF assignments for NHK are not yet shown.

Karen-W

Ryabova is a visa issue, but still not sure about Litvintsev reasoning. Ryabova is a seeded top 12 at Worlds skater; no idea if the ISU will consider her for a different event.
I'd say that's probably a strong likelihood since they did the same for Holichenko/Darenskiy. Or, they can swap with one of the other seeded skaters. Mikutina is assigned to GPdF, but she shouldn't have any visa issues to go to Canada instead. Other options would be swapping Ryabova for either Schott or Kurakova at either SkAm or MKJW. Other women who are seeded 7-12 include Higuchi (assigned to the same events as Ryabova) & Schizas (also already at SCI). On paper, the easiest swap would be Ryabova & Mikutina since Rina is now based in France.

Karen-W

Interesting - another update to the grids - adding the newly assigned Japanese skaters to NHK, as well as UNCROSSING out Ryabova from SCI. Litvintsev is still marked out from MKJW.

On My Own

Interesting - another update to the grids - adding the newly assigned Japanese skaters to NHK, as well as UNCROSSING out Ryabova from SCI. Litvintsev is still marked out from MKJW.
I mean, if it's visa issues, we should (for now) try not to get play-by-play updates, IMO. I wonder @tony, is it because of the pandemic, still, or does it have something to do with Russia when it comes to Ryabova?

LoisAGOEs

She is still off the other list, so they might’ve just used a prior version when adding Rion and not realised she wasn’t crossed out anymore…

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information