News and updates à la Française, part quatre

Evgeniafan

Kevin Aymoz announced that he is collaborating with Brice Mousset on his new programs: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cebh4LmIvOT/
Machine translation:

More about Mousset: https://www.broadwaydancecenter.com/faculty/brice-mousset

Maé-Bérénice Méité posted today that she is working on her new programs with Rohene Ward: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cee3_dGAT9H/

ETA that Rohene shared this photo with Mae from a Chicago rink today: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceei3jlv2qu/
I can't wait to see Kevin's new programs. :)

kirkbiggestfan

Adam Siao Him Fa announced on his instagram that he is leaving Courbevoie. He was mainly coached by Laurent Depouilly for the last 2 seasons.
He has not disclosed his new coaching team..so we can start guessing: Italy, Orser, Arutyunyan, wherever Richaud ends up, ...
May the force be with him!

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Adam Siao Him Fa announced on his instagram that he is leaving Courbevoie. He was mainly coached by Laurent Depouilly for the last 2 seasons.
He has not disclosed his new coaching team..so we can start guessing: Italy, Orser, Arutyunyan, wherever Richaud ends up, ...
May the force be with him!
He is in Nice with one of his former coaches. I wish he had gone to Orser or Raf instead. After the good season he had, and the fact he considerably improved under the Depouillys, I don't really get why he has left...

briancoogaert

What a shame. I wish Adam the best, but honestly, he improved so much with Depouilly, he is leaving him way too early, IMO. Wait and see ;)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Sylvia

TBD
FFSG's press release (June 20):

Machine translation:

Olympic champions in ice dancing in Beijing in February, world champions for the fifth time in Montpellier the following month, the French will therefore not participate in the 2022/2023 season.

“We decided to take a little break, to take the time to rest and focus instead on galas and tours. We will also be able to do different things, which we did not have time to do before, to respond to requests in France, among other things,” explains Guillaume Cizeron.

“It was obvious for us not to resume competitions in the fall. We gave ourselves time to reflect and we made this decision with the French Federation of Ice Sports, completes Gabriella Papadakis. We still have things to tell but we don't know when we will resume. Our bodies need to rest, even if we will still be very busy this winter. It will pass quickly. »

FFSG's competition schedule: https://www.ffsg.org/Evenements

SAISON 2022/2023

Grand Prix Juniors de patinage artistique - Du 25 au 27 août 2022 - Courchevel

Grand Prix Juniors de patinage artistique - Du 28 septembre au 1er octobre 2022 - Grenoble

Masters de patinage - Du 6 au 8 octobre 2022 - Lieu à déterminer

Grand Prix de France de patinage artistique - Du 4 au 6 novembre 2022 - Angers

Championnats de France Elites des Sports de Glace - Du 15 au 17 décembre 2022 - Rouen

Gala de Noël - Autour du 19 décembre 2022 - Vaujany

Championnats du Monde Juniors de patinage artistique synchronisé - Du 6 au 11 mars 2023 - Angers

Bigbird

No but being beaten by an obscure woman from an obscure club who is reintroducing Gailhaguet into the FFSG as "a consultant" is not neutral.
Ding, ding, ding, ding ding and ding. Gailhaguet. We've got a long way to go.

Sylvia

TBD
2022 ISU Grand Prix assignments for French skaters as of July 22:

Grand Prix de France in Angers (4 to 6 November 2022) is #3 of 6 in the series this year:

Kévin AYMOZ (2nd is Espoo, Finland)
Adam SIAO HIM FA (2nd is NHK Trophy) - he officially announced his new training location in Nice with Rodolphe Marechal & Cedric Tour on July 23: https://www.instagram.com/p/CgXlDlwo8EG/
TBD

Maia MAZZARA
Léa SERNA
TBD

Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER (1st is Skate America)
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD (2nd is NHK Trophy)
TBD

Camille KOVALEV / Pavel KOVALEV (2nd is NHK Trophy)
Oceane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (new)
TBD

A third ice dance team, Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA, is assigned to 1 GP - Espoo, Finland.

Maé-Bérénice Méité is training in Florida now - hoping she can contend for the TBD spot in Angers!

off_sports_pictures collaborated with Mae for this video series (includes English subtitles):
Part 1 (starts with a clip of her injury at 2021 Worlds and her rehab.): https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfW65B8oyYy/
Part 2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfrgkevoAPC/
Part 3: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf9UEp_Ilcz/

Masters de Patinage will be held 6 - 8 October 2022 in Villard-de-Lans.

Last edited:

kirkbiggestfan

Since beeing elected, the new French Federation president has been very quiet. This article from a local newspaper is saying that the pdf files she has been sending came from Didier Gailhaguet's computer.
Everybody knows who the puppeteer is! Not sure how long the new French Muppet Show is going to last!

Nmsis

Since beeing elected, the new French Federation president has been very quiet. This article from a local newspaper is saying that the pdf files she has been sending came from Didier Gailhaguet's computer.
Everybody knows who the puppeteer is! Not sure how long the new French Muppet Show is going to last!
[/URL]

It says one of her first messages came originally from his computer. He learns. He won't make that mistake again.
But his style is usually recognizable.
What is a concern is that she isn't answering the press.
But 3 men do.
Gailhaguet, "an advisor like any other".
Patrice Martin who has been the president of the french water skiing association for 10 years, who has probably been dragged into this to be a facade, answering the press, hiding Gailhaguet's doing and protecting Mrs Noury. He's the current general secretary of the Bureau Executif (how on earth did he land there, nobody knows except the elected team ; if he is anything like Gailhaguet, he could have a quite recent membership card at the Brian Joubert Poitiers Glace club)
And Ludovic Le Guennec who is the president of the ice skating League of Normandy (ie a regional body of the FFSG) and current president of the Federal Council.

I'm pretty sure Gailhaguet chose a women to make it embarrassing for the Sport Ministry to diss her.
But "she's not used to the press" so she's not giving interviews, Martin says. lol. So let's 3 guys speak for her. Lol x 2.

Currently, FFSG's communication is dead. Their facebook is the only thing that is still moving, barely (Instagram and twitter are standing still). In a month and a half, there has been 3 obituaries, 1 exam result and GP selections. That's it. Yeaaaaaah. And one of them was soooo looking like Gailhaguet's writing.
They have published nothing about the general assembly, nothing about who has been elected in June apart from the president (correction, the list of the members of the Federal Coucil has been published yesterday), nothing about the JGP selections.

September and October are going to be scrutinized as they are a BIG question mark.
Is Gailhaguet going to hide behind every bush to watch the skaters perform and to rule everything by mail transfered to the official president who doesn't go much to the FFSG headquarters ?
That's going to be comedy material.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Mae-Berenice Meite is listed as competing at Cranberry Cup International this weekend, which will be only her second competition since her injury. Best of luck to her, and I hope she can secure that TBA spot for the French GP!
Unfortunately, she’s no longer competing in this. She was indeed on the Entries list but not on today’s Start Order.

Sylvia

TBD
Maé-Bérénice Méité may not yet be ready to debut her programs in competition, but she did share this clip on her Instagram on August 2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgw29kqIars/
Because all human beings deserve to be treated equally.
2022/23 SP - They don’t really care about us. Arrangement by the incredible @showmusik

A little sneak pic of the amazing choreography by @rohenew
And the faces of some of the people who have inspired the theme of this SP.
Thank you Oriano, Rohene [Ward], for helping me, and bring my vision, this message to life.
Will go more in depth about the full creative process soon, stay tuned.

Andrea82

I see FFSG updated the organigramme.
Brian Joubert is now the president of CSN Patinage Artisique.
Eric Le Mercier (Theo Le Mercier's father) is the the president of CSN Danse sur Grace (Pernelle Caron was the president in previous term)

Nmsis

The FFSG has published a press pack (in french) for Courchevel JGP.

There is a "word of the president" on page 2.
In spite of the "Gwenaëlle Gigarel Noury" signature, it has an unmistakable, very distinctive Gailhaguet style.
Very "death in the soul" recognizable.

So the new president doesn't talk. And she doesn't write either, even in her public letters.
Gailhaguet holds her pen and surounded her with parrots.
What a farce !

Last edited:

Ultraviolet

The FFSG has published a press pack (in french) for Courchevel JGP.

There is a "word of the president" on page 2.
In spite of the "Gwenaëlle Gigarel Noury" signature, it has an unmistakable, very distinctive Gailhaguet style.
Very "death in the soul" recognizable.

So the new president doesn't talk. And she doesn't write either, even in her public letters.
Gailhaguet holds her pen and surounded her with parrots.
What a farce !
How can you know she didn’t write it herself ?

Nmsis

How can you know she didn’t write it herself ?
The same way you can spot a doppelganger on the internet. Style, recurrences, manners.

After some people from the FFSG reported they recognized his way of writing in the new president's letters and instructions to the clubs (reported by Le Télégramme newspaper, and Gailhaguet wasn't even denying), I checked the Courchevel press pack, telling jokingly to myself he wouldn't dare.
And he did !
Nobody writes like that, except Gailhaguet. You can spot him from kilometers away.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
A few weeks ago, a coach showed me a mail signed "the new president" and the IP address was under the name Didier Gailhaguet. He doesn't even bother to hide so he could as well sign all communications himself. A farce indeed.

kirkbiggestfan

A beautiful documentary about Gabriella and Guillaume was released: "The Couple of Fire" It was made by TV5.
They followed them during the Olympic season. It is very intimate and real. The documentary lasts 90 minutes and takes time to dig deep. It is in French. I am not sure if there is a version with subtitles.

Gabriella talks about her depression in details. At one point, she revealed that she had an abortion around the World championships. She struggled with mental health and could not practice for a while.
It is a very personal subject and I am sure that the mainstream medias will follow-up with interviews on this subject. Gabriella is very brave and authentic during this documentary. She is very courageous to disclose this and I hope that the anti-abortion voices leave her alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information