The Skating Lesson

Sylvia

TBD

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
The thing is, while Eteri is not wrong about DL, she's no victim here. She's proven to be a sharp, political player in the sport and she spent enough time in the US to know perfectly well how quickly rink gossip spreads - and let's not pretend that she is so naive to not realize that DL would have the contacts and sources to provide him with info on her (and her daughter & partner) movements while in the US the past couple months. If she's mad, it's only because she's back in Russia now, dealing with the fallout of DL's tweeting & podcasting in person.

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
But, I dunno... Which is worse, DL profiting off of gossip about two adults or Eteri profiting by abusing minors?
This Speaks, for me.

I am not particularly a fan of Dave Lease's tabloid "insider" approach to covering figure skating, but for Tutberidze--the reigning ISU coach of the year, mind you--to be writing vulgar comments on social media is not a good look for her or the ISU.

The focus must remain on the actions of an unscrupulous, abusive coach embroiled in a doping scandal than anything Dave Lease has to say.

Being a content creator takes commitment, I guess. 🙃
You may not approve of TSL's methods, but Dave creates a tremendous amount of content which requires extreme dedication and has to be time consuming. Your comment is dripping with naiveté and shows an apparent lack of understanding what content creators do.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
The thing is, while Eteri is not wrong about DL, she's no victim here. She's proven to be a sharp, political player in the sport and she spent enough time in the US to know perfectly well how quickly rink gossip spreads - and let's not pretend that she is so naive to not realize that DL would have the contacts and sources to provide him with info on her (and her daughter & partner) movements while in the US the past couple months. If she's mad, it's only because she's back in Russia now, dealing with the fallout of DL's tweeting & podcasting in person.
This is why it's fun though. They can just destroy each other while I'm sitting here eating popcorn and laughing.

pachelbel

Kind of a footnote...if Eteri is truly looking to coach in the U.S., her post is a SafeSport violation. Well, obviously so is drugging minors, but the evidence on this one is pretty clear.

I'm no fan of Dave, just pointing that out.

She can't be certified as a USFS coach but can still teach at rinks. Morozov with all his baggage would certainly trigger a SafeSport investigation if he were certified but he skirts the line by not going for it and is still obviously employed and making a good chunk of money. There are ways to game the system.

Debbie S

She can't be certified as a USFS coach but can still teach at rinks. Morozov with all his baggage would certainly trigger a SafeSport investigation if he were certified but he skirts the line by not going for it and is still obviously employed and making a good chunk of money. There are ways to game the system.
Yes, that's very possible. It depends on the rink.

Debbie S

I'm confused. The user who left that comment is life.is.beautifull_zhumaslu. Is that an Eteri pseud? Because the account looks to belong to an Asian woman.
:confused:

Not sure what you're seeing, but when I click on that link (and tap to see comments), Eteri's post, under her name, is the first I see. From the profile and posts, it definitely looks like it's Eteri's account.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
The comments are not visible anymore 😂

Here you are: https://twitter.com/yankeepolka/status/1547610389755572235/
The tweet no longer exists 😂 but he can't delete this FS Gossips post:

I especially love Zheleznyakov saying "Everyone is used to the fact that Eteri Georgievna never responds to attacks." 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information