The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurokis40

Lajoie and Lagha are very talented their Rio program caught the attention of a lot of people Scott Moir himself said this is the team we will all be watching in 2026 they have the coaching team to get them there I assume they will become a top priority for IAM in the next cycle. Technically they are very fast on the ice their speed is readily apparent even from the TV.

chantilly

I don't know about not gaining speed via steps, but L/L are definitely getting speed somewhere. Individually, they are both obviously strong skaters. I do agree about them lacking precision. But as I've said elsewhere, to me the biggest issue is their lack of chemistry together. They need to interact more with each other on the ice. It's interesting that they don't interact more when they've skated together for so long already ... They definitely feel more brother/sister than anything else. Maybe they just need to work on their acting skills. LOL.
Agreed.
She in particular is bad. She constantly over does it with her face. And I find she has little authenticity in her performance. Which, considering she wants to be an actress is concerning.

He has come around on that front IMO. He was great this season.

I think the V/M comparison mostly comes from him. He does have moments of Scott in his attitude and expression on ice.

But yeah chemistry between them is one of their problems.

And yeah, they lack an identity. But we will see what happens this quad. but I think they may get left in the dust by the Russian teams, Georgian team and the American teams.

With the skaters who are staying and the more interesting younger teams coming up, I think they are in trouble.

I think they can get top 10, but I can’t see them on the world podium this next quad.

You never know, but I’m not getting that sense from them as a team in terms of big success like I did the first time I saw V/M as juniors.

yurokis40

Scott Moir is working with them now, so of course he would say that. It doesn't make it true. Quote an impartial European commentator saying that, or even an American one, and I would take it more seriously.
Marie-France has big plans she got them back together they are with IAM are young they will improve alot.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Lajoie and Lagha are very talented their Rio program caught the attention of a lot of people Scott Moir himself said this is the team we will all be watching in 2026 they have the coaching team to get them there I assume they will become a top priority for IAM in the next cycle. Technically they are very fast on the ice their speed is readily apparent even from the TV.
He's wrong. The team everyone will watch is Stepanova&Bukin.

Rafter

Scott Moir is working with them now, so of course he would say that. It doesn't make it true. Quote an impartial European commentator saying that, or even an American one, and I would take it more seriously.

L/L’s main coach is Romain H.

L/L I would assume at 21/22 years old could be around for two more Olympic cycles. They are technically very strong but still lack some refinement with unison, extension etc. In some ways they remind me of Davis/White….very fast across the ice with busy programs but not always polished.

Any Virtue and Moir comparison is only because of Lagha and Moir. Lagha has a look and skating style similar to Moir. Lajoie is nothing like Virtue both in appearance and skating style.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
They're too different from each other. She has the permagrin and he's permanently morose. They could use that to their advantage -- do "opposites attract" kinds of programs -- but they haven't yet figured out how.
Beauty and the Beast. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy. The couples in Carousel, Cabaret and the Sound of Music. There are SO many possibilities for lively young women and guys who are either badly-behaved or have a poker up their.....

ETA: Chock/Bates would be perfect as Kim Novak and Jimmy Stewart in Bell, Book and Candle but it's not a musical, unfortunately.

Fadeevfanboy

Marie-France has big plans she got them back together they are with IAM are young they will improve alot.

We will see. Anything is possible, but if the last few quads of skating, even before Covid, showed us anything, is that long term predictions are these days almost useless in this sport. They have a chance to do well in the future for sure, but they are not the obvious heir apparents at this point either.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Beauty and the Beast. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy. The couples in Carousel, Cabaret and the Sound of Music. There are SO many possibilities for lively young women and guys who are either badly-behaved or have a poker up their.....

ETA: Chock/Bates would be perfect as Kim Novak and Jimmy Stewart in Bell, Book and Candle but it's not a musical, unfortunately.
If I were Lajoie/Lagha's choreographer, I'd give them "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better." Imagine the possibilities!

Peepsquick

He's wrong. The team everyone will watch is Stepanova&Bukin.
They have potential but are not the youngest anymore. They are P/C's age (even a smidge older for him) and seem to be stuck in limbo... add to this back problems for her ... I don't know.
I'd like to see them get up there!

Dobre

They might as well keep going. Muramoto & Takahashi may not choose to do so; and if they do, M&T may be able to develop to the point where they could compete for the top ten and earn a second berth. (Taking into account that there's going to be some post-Olympic turnover). I also quite like Shingo Nishiyama. He seems very suited for dance, and I hope he will stay and develop within the sport himself. (I haven't seen him with Takanami yet so I don't know whether to say that about the team or not. I was just glad to see his name on the dance competitor list from Nationals).

On My Own

Is there anyone good coming up next quad? I hope most of the current group retire, think they've shown as much as they can.

ostile17

They might as well keep going. Muramoto & Takahashi may not choose to do so; and if they do, M&T may be able to develop to the point where they could compete for the top ten and earn a second berth. (Taking into account that there's going to be some post-Olympic turnover). I also quite like Shingo Nishiyama. He seems very suited for dance, and I hope he will stay and develop within the sport himself. (I haven't seen him with Takanami yet so I don't know whether to say that about the team or not. I was just glad to see his name on the dance competitor list from Nationals).
Of course, that's what team KoKO hope.... that M/T earn two spots for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information