Kolyada Withdrawn from Olympics, Replaced by Semenenko

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

Failed PCR test :(.

Edit: More details from Olympics.com. Kolyada is symptomatic.

Last edited:

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Kolyada has tested positive for Covid and is out of the Olympics.

SLIVER

Why can’t he test later sigh however he may not be physically ready
Because they have this utterly farcical rule that you have to test negative for 30 days prior or something like that anyway. So anyone testing positive today even if their illness is super mild and lasts only 5/6 days, won’t be to compete at all, even if their event starts in 20 days!

Orm Irian

Wait, he already has no other chance but to withdraw even if his event is still 2 weeks away? 😭 That doesn't seem fair.
Yes, because the point is to prevent him from infecting other athletes in the interval between now and then and helping to turn the entire Olympics into an extended superspreader event.

I'm sorry for him not getting to compete, but he did the right thing by himself and his teammates getting tested, reporting the results and following the protocols rather than trying to ignore it and put everyone at risk. It was responsible and selfless. Good for him.

SLIVER

Yes, because the point is to prevent him from infecting other athletes in the interval between now and then and helping to turn the entire Olympics into an extended superspreader event.

I'm sorry for him not getting to compete, but he did the right thing by himself and his teammates getting tested, reporting the results and following the protocols rather than trying to ignore it and put everyone at risk. It was responsible and selfless. Good for him.
Umm no that’s definitely not the point. You can’t spread it and pass it on when you are negative and no longer infectious. He should be allowed to be tested and checked again before his event in 14 days! He doesn’t need to be out of isolation. He can stay locked up in his room in Russia till he tests negative but if and when he does test negative he should be allowed to carry on with his life and his job, something he’s dedicated his whole life to!

Andrea82

Because they have this utterly farcical rule that you have to test negative for 30 days prior or something like that anyway. So anyone testing positive today even if their illness is super mild and lasts only 5/6 days, won’t be to compete at all, even if their event starts in 20 days!

The rule included in the Playbook published in December says they have to send the documents about the recovery 8 working days before the departure.

If you are fully vaccinated and have previously been infected with COVID-19, submit the following to Beijing 2022 ([email protected]) for review, at least eight working days before your planned departure:
– Medical/laboratory certificates (in English) that prove your infection and recovery (including dates of infection and recovery, if possible)
– An application form your CLO will give you
– If your recovery is within 30 days of your planned departure, negative test results from two COVID-19 (PCR) tests taken with a minimum 24-hour interval at any time after your recovery

(page 22 of the Playbook for Athletes)

However, some Sport Federations have already asked to allow for documents be sent even within the 8 days timeframe.
In alpine skiing, there are athletes currently positive who are still on their country's roaster and planning to go if/when turn negative.

Last edited:

AYS

🌻
Thanks @Gris for posting that link. It does seem like at least part of the excessive nature of the regulations stems from the number of days they're requiring for paperwork to be processed once the negative test results have been obtained and sent. They should be expediting this.

Apart from the timing part, is he sick (given he originally took the test because not feeling well)? The original article doesn't open for me, even to use translate. Hopefully he recovers quickly. It's a heartbreaking situation. :(

SLIVER

The rule included in the Playbook published in December says they have to send the documents about the recovery 8 working days before the departure.

If you are fully vaccinated and have previously been infected with *********-19, submit the following to Beijing 2022 ([email protected]) for review, at least eight working days before your planned departure: – Medical/laboratory certificates (in English) that prove your infection and recovery (including dates of infection and recovery, if possible) – An application form your CLO will give you – If your recovery is within 30 days of your planned departure, negative test results from two *********-19 (PCR) tests taken with a minimum 24-hour interval at any time after your recovery

(page 22 of the Playbook for Athletes)

However, some Sport Federations have already asked to allow for documents be sent even within the 8 days timeframe.
In alpine skiing, there are athletes currently positive who are still on their country's roaster and planning to go if/when turn negative.
Thanks for that. I am not sure I understood any of it. So you are allowed to compete 8 days minimum post infection/departure. In that case Kolyada would have to be negative let’s say by the 5th of Feb and leave on that day. I guess they want to leave as a whole team and not let him fly out alone, which seems very harsh.
Tbh I am now wondering what condition he is in, having missed Euros too. I wonder whether he’s semi injured, has Covid and they just told him listen you need to give your spot to Semenenko, you can’t keep him waiting till the last minute given you are recovering from injury and now sick.

becca

Thanks for that. I am not sure I understood any of it. So you are allowed to compete 8 days minimum post infection/departure. In that case Kolyada would have to be negative let’s say by the 5th of Feb and leave on that day. I guess they want to leave as a whole team and not let him fly out alone, which seems very harsh.
Tbh I am now wondering what condition he is in, having missed Euros too. I wonder whether he’s semi injured, has ********* and they just told him listen you need to give your spot to Semenenko, you can’t keep him waiting till the last minute given you are recovering from injury and now sick.
The makes sense. I mean if he is sick and not training it may be for the best. Still sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information