Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

It's a lot better. Though apparently I'm hard to please these days, because now I think the black pants stick out like a sore thumb and he needs to switch to a brown pair - darker than the top, but not dark enough to be mistaken for black.
Leave good enough alone.

Bigbird

We really can see this FD evolving and it's getting better and better: details, smoothness, confidence ... it's all coming together.
I like the bent knee in the lift, make it sculptural. :)
It was there before the good camera work wasn't.

Orm Irian

Inside Skating has just published a really long detailed interview with Gabriella and Guillaume that goes into the process of creation of both their programs and their approach to the Olympics here. And there's an accompanying photo story from their first three competitions too, with tons of detail.

I've seen a couple more photos and videos of Guillaume's new top and it looks like it has a gold underlayer to match the gold sequin swoop in Gabriella's dress, so you see little sparkles of gold as he moves, and it looks really great.

bcash

I think she briefly lost her balance and that leg bend just coincided with Guillaumeā€™s choreographed arm movement.
I was wrong. Now that Iā€™ve seen their new practice video.

I still feel that their character steps lack genuine emotional depth. Now itā€™s a lot of motion resulting in little emotion. And the end of the steps is especially lacking, with almost nothing substantial choreographed for Gabi. That ā€œgive me my medalsā€ final position is especially strange.

Last edited:

Bigbird

I was wrong. Now that Iā€™ve seen their new practice video.

I still feel that their character steps lack genuine emotional depth. Now itā€™s a lot of motion resulting in little emotion. And the end is especially lacking, with almost nothing substantial choreographed for Gabi.
Wow. I may need a new pair of glasses because I'm loving the whole thing.

deegee

i had to use a vpn to watch it.

he was gushing, as usual. he loves that they brought waaking to figure skating and is pretty sure they are the first to do so.

called their tw seq sensational and their mb pattern complex. he called them epic and said it was a blessing in disguise for all of us that they got silver in pyeongchang and have blessed us with 4 more years of great programs.
Thanks @deegee but it's geo-blocked for me ... could you give the gist of his comments when you have a minute? I'd love to know what he said!

Peepsquick

i had to use a vpn to watch it.

he was gushing, as usual. he loves that they brought waaking to figure skating and is pretty sure they are the first to do so.

called their tw seq sensational and their mb pattern complex. he called them epic and said it was a blessing in disguise for all of us that they got silver in pyeongchang and have blessed us with 4 more years of great programs.
Thanks @ Deegee! :)

deegee

i'm not sure what guillaume missed in the ofsts that got the level 3 vs. gabi's level 4, but too bad about the slip at the very end of the tw seq for him.

i blame the new shirt ;)

still, everything else is just heads and shoulders above the rest of the field.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Congrats on their 2nd GP medal this season. I feel they are really getting close to totally master their RD and still have some work on the FD noticeably the lift entry, there is still some tension around it. I want Gabby's smokey eyes back for the RD it makes her look even fiercer.

Isabelle.G

Oh my, that RD performance was superb! And have to say that their FD is finally getting over me. It's amazing the see the small embellishments since Finlandia for example. I guess the free dance still needs some work, but the performance in France looked the best for me so far even though Guillaume had a small slip.

And I do love Gabi's dress for their exhibition program this year!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Yeah, and I still prefer the original costumes. The shirt is an improvement, but I think their old costumes were more ā€œthemā€
I like the cut of their first costumes but the colors were too dull and mournful. But I do understand they are going for something a bit more eye catching for the Oly. I liked the program for the get-go and yet I feel they are still constrained by something. They are not totally free and cannot fully express themselves yet through this FD. They might have wanted to put too many different emotions into it.

muffinplus

I like the cut of their first costumes but the colors were too dull and mournful. But I do understand they are going for something a bit more eye catching for the Oly. I liked the program for the get-go and yet I feel they are still constrained by something. They are not totally free and cannot fully express themselves yet through this FD. They might have wanted to put too many different emotions into it.
They are more contemporary looking; the new ones look quite ā€œclassicalā€.

Peepsquick

Same feeling ... and because of it, I don't feel their connection the same way ... but they will get there eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information