Gabby Petito

BaileyCatts

Gabby's father gave a very compelling interview on Dr. Phil on Monday's show. It was pre-recorded so was done prior to all the details that evolved over the weekend and the last 2 days. The second part is supposed to be on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that will air as recorded since they have now found Gabby's body.

After that last strange text message Gabby sent that her mother believed was not from Gabby (8/27-8), several days went by where they assumed maybe they were out of service since they were in the mountains, so did not become concerned right away. It wasn't until many days had passed that Gabby's parents then became concerned after repeated attempts to reach her went unanswered. Gabby's father called Brian's parents several times (at the home that Gabby, Brian and Brian's parents all live in together!) to ask them have you heard from Brian and Gabby! Please call us! We cannot reach them! Call us back! Something's wrong with our kids! Call us call us call us! All messages and phone calls that Gabby's father left with Brian's parents went unreturned (they did not call him back and would not answer his calls). All this time, Brian had been home since September 1 without Gabby, which his parents clearly knew since again, they all live in the same house. Gabby's father is frantically calling them 'the kids are in trouble call me call me call me!' and they never once returned his calls or spoke to him, again knowing that Brian had returned home with Gabby's van on 9/1 (the van that Brian technically stole since it was Gabby's van, not his) but no Gabby. After repeated attempts to reach Brian's parents, and Gabby still not responding to them, that is when Gabby's parents finally reported her missing.

I don't believe for a minute Brian went 'hiking' in that preserve. They said that because well hey, 'the gator's musta got him if y'all can't find him' and to delay and throw off the search to give him a headstart. Unless they find body parts, I don't believe it for a minute that he is anywhere in that preserve. He is on the run and in hiding, and I believe his parents have helped him escape and have been covering for him since he returned on September 1. They had that van for 12+ days before the police impounded it that they could have destroyed evidence. Why did they not call Gabby's father back after the very first frantic call saying "something is wrong! call me call me call me"? Why refuse to answer and return his multiple phone calls? If Brian fed them some story about 'oh she broke up with me, I don't want to talk about it', why would you not question why he has that van that does not belong to him? If she dumped him, why he got her van? Why, as a parent, do you refuse to take Gabby's father's frantic calls saying 'our kids are missing!' when Brian had been home without her since September 1? Brian killed her. His parents are covering for him and helped him get away. I would assume and hope the FBI is searching the parents financials to see if any large cash withdrawals have been made in the last 20 days and tracking their ATM and credit cards and any passports are blocked.

TOADS

Toad whisperer.....
Bottom line…this is one big mess from top to bottom.

My brother-in-law, who is about 3/4 Mohegan made an interesting comment. He said would there have been such a big story if the missing woman was his daughter, who is my niece? Gabby is blonde with blue eyes. Becky, my niece, looks like an Mohegan princess, my BIL comment, with light brown skin and dark eyes.

Last edited:

Judy

If that was his answer and his family believed it, maybe they felt it was best to give him some space. And if they were not communicating regularly with her family, they would have had no reason to do so if they believed there was a breakup.

This is all hypothetical, of course. With the investigation ongoing, I'm sure there will be more details forthcoming.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to have a loved one missing - hoping for the best but knowing it's unlikely as more time goes by.
Yes I agree there is a lot of information that obviously hasn't been made public. Law enforcement would have information - of course - that is not available now publicly. On the surface it makes little logical sense to me but we simply don't know.

I am almost certain he won't be found alive though .. they have a dive team going in somewhere.

Japanfan

Only indigenous people go missing? That is weird.
:confused:

The point is that 800 Indigenous girls/women go missing, and nothing is said about. In contrast, a white girl goes missing and its a headline.

There is a highway in the north of my province, British Columbia, called the 'highway of tears', because so many Indigenous girls have gone missing from it. Little to no bus service I guess, causing people to have to hitchhike.

puglover

This is certainly a compelling situation with a tragic outcome. However, I am amazed at all the press it is receiving. The media are climbing all over themselves for every sketchy detail. Of course, it does not hurt them that this couple photograph well. Still, it must be so hurtful for those who are also missing beloved family members that have not had the same interest or response.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I am so angry if his parents helped him run away from the attention of hurting/murdering her. I think he's somewhere in South America...May they all rot for their involvement.
Well keep your anger going with mine. All indications are that they did help him.

Curious...what would you do if it were your son?

Lacey

I am too honest, I go with the law, I would not have helped him and would have found a way to have him arrested on suspicion, that is what they have right now. And, as it is, they can and probably will be found just as guilty as him, and hopefully all will go to jail.

Judy

Bottom line…this is one big mess from top to bottom.

My brother-in-law, who is about 3/4 Mohegan made an interesting comment. He said would there have been such a big story if the missing woman was his daughter, who is my niece? Gabby is blonde with blue eyes. Becky, my niece, looks like an Mohegan princess, my BIL comment, with light brown skin and dark eyes.
I said something similar too to a friend.

AxelAnnie

I am too honest, I go with the law, I would not have helped him and would have found a way to have him arrested on suspicion, that is what they have right now. And, as it is, they can and probably will be found just as guilty as him, and hopefully all will go to jail.
As they should be. Lying to the police is a big No 👎

myhoneyhoney

I think he's in a no extradition country. If he was truly missing, the parents would have searches, non stop. I wonder if the parents' bank accounts are missing a big chunk, or withdrawal of stock money, 401K, etc. That would hint of helping him escape.

AxelAnnie

I think he's in a no extradition country. If he was truly missing, the parents would have searches, non stop. I wonder if the parents' bank accounts are missing a big chunk, or withdrawal of stock money, 401K, etc. That would hint of helping him escape.
Well those non extradition countries are really far from Florida. I the parents funded this or are funding him IRS, CIA, FBI are really good at unraveling that. His parents will go to prison.

Who thinks he would let his parents go to prison?

I do.

Judy

He really can't leave the country without a passport. Plus that is traceable.

Just saw a headline that he left without his phone or wallet.

I won't be surprised if he has killed himself.

BaileyCatts

The thing about the passport is that until the minute Gabby's family reported her missing, no one knew anything about this. There would be no reason to block his passport (and really he wasn't charged with anything so you really can't block it, but still ... no one knew to even be looking out for him). He could have been any other tourist getting on a plane, driving into Mexico or Canada or flying to Europe or whatever. No one knew anything about him until after Gabby was reported missing.

Frankly I believe he's been gone since before September 11, and don't believe the story about him leaving on the 14th to go 'hiking'. There is no way he would have gotten out of that house on September 14 unnoticed because I think people were already protesting outside their house by then. People would have seen him leave. People would have seen that Mustang leave (and I've read articles that neighbors say that Mustang never left the driveway). Is there any video proof that the Mustang was actually AT the preserve other than the parents saying they picked it up there? And again ... the people protesting outside their house would have seen all of this.

There have been neighbor reports that Brian and his parents left the house with a camper van attached to the back of the pickup a week before this hit the news, and they don't recall seeing Brian after that point. No one knew anything so why would the neighbors think anything was strange they were packing up to go on a trip. I think Brian has been gone since that trip took place, they made up the story about him going 'hiking' on the 14th, and not reporting it until the 17th, to give him even more of a head start. I think he's been gone since that trip took place and he never came back with them.

As for leaving the phone, everyone knows you can track/ping a phone to trace its location so of course he left the phone behind. Just pick up a burner phone. As for the wallet .. of course you leave it behind so that you don't have all that identifying information with you. Even when I was in high school, kids knew how to get fake IDs so they could buy beer or get into bars, so apparently its not that hard to get a fake ID. I would have no idea how to do it myself, but if I murdered someone and was getting ready to run, ya damn sure I'd be finding out really quick how to get one.

That's what I believe anyway. Until they find body parts in that swamp, I'll never believe he was ever there.

Lacey

The other thing about the search for Gabby is that situation where the police became involved, seemed to blame her for their arguing, and let them both go.

Gabby could have been rescued.

I am also mad at those police.

D

Deleted member 221

Brian was never in the swamp, and I imagine that his parents are laughing every day and night at whoever is paying for the "search" for him, because he is no longer in the States.

It's getting harder and harder to disappear internationally and to live incognito in an untraceable way. And even if it's somehow possible, it's not going to be an easy life. I suspect he'll be caught eventually.

AxelAnnie

Brian was never in the swamp, and I imagine that his parents are laughing every day and night at whoever is paying for the "search" for him, because he is no longer in the States.

And I am mad as hell at them. Hope they rot in jail.
I can't imagine parents laughing at any part of this absent a mental condition.

I hope they can prove he was in the house. imo if they helped him they deserve a little vaca!

AxelAnnie

Today members of law enforcrment went to Brian's house and asked for a DNA sample. It could be they want to match it to something on Gabby's body..like under her fingernails. 🤔 I doesn't seem to me that that would prove much except that they had a fight. And there is already evidence of that. A DNA test is cheap but the machine to analyze it on is not cheap. I don't know where they would have to go for it nor how quickly it could be done.

Another reason is to positively identify a dead body. Let us 🙏

Winnipeg

This is such a sad story indeed.

If his parents helped him evade authorities, is that not aiding and abetting in which case they should be arrested and tried as well?

Judy

AxelAnnie

Yeah fake passports and 7-11 stores .. shaking my head.

There haven't been a lot of leaks in this case as far as I have read. update https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/us/g...update-tuesday/index.html?utm_source=trendbar

It's a baffling case. Most people would return home and give an excuse. I woke up and she was gone etc.
About false documents at 7 Eleven...please take your tongue and place it in your cheek😛

I thought I had better do some research to make sure what I thought was true (not the 7 Eleven part)

And I found a https://www.fraud-magazine.com/article.aspx?id=4294988663 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information