2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
After their outstanding result at the non-Challenger Lombardia Trophy, I really hope that Barquero/Zandron are offered at least one of the TBA pairs spots. They're clearly a cut above any of the French teams as well as Ghilardi/Ambrosini, who were already assigned to GP Torino when it was originally Cup of China. C'mon FFSG and FISG - do the right thing and invite them!

ETA - I know Calalang/Johnson have been given the SkAM TBA and I suppose a fair argument could be made that they warrant consideration for a second GP assignment too. I'm sure that Akopova/Rakhmanin will be given the RC TBA which is fair enough.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

After their outstanding result at the non-Challenger Lombardia Trophy, I really hope that Barquero/Zandron are offered at least one of the TBA pairs spots. They're clearly a cut above any of the French teams as well as Ghilardi/Ambrosini, who were already assigned to GP Torino when it was originally Cup of China. C'mon FFSG and FISG - do the right thing and invite them!
I don't think they're eligible.

Karen-W

I don't think they're eligible.
Oh, I'm reading over the GP doc and it looks like you're correct. That's a real shame for them because they're certainly more competitive than most other teams who would be in the mix for those TBA spots. If that's the case then I'll be rooting for C/J and A/R to get the invitations over the less competitive French and Italian teams who could be in the mix.

RoseRed

ETA - I know Calalang/Johnson have been given the SkAM TBA and I suppose a fair argument could be made that they warrant consideration for a second GP assignment too. I'm sure that Akopova/Rakhmanin will be given the RC TBA which is fair enough.
Italy will most likely want to invite one of their own teams (probably Conti/Macii), since they're hosting a GP without getting the majority of the host spots.

Sylvia

TBD

Also Shin was added as the TBA for Skate America but the other three disciplines still show TBA. Other host picks are still TBA.
Today's grid updates (9/14) show the other 3 USA TBAs added to Skate America: Paniot, Calalang/Johnson and Cesanek/Yehorov.

Remaining TBAs:

Skate Canada International: man
GP Italy: pair, dance team
NHK Trophy: man, dance team (should be K/K's 2nd?)
Internationaux de France: man, pair, dance team
Rostelecom Cup: woman, man, pair

ostile17

Today's grid updates (9/14) show the other 3 USA TBAs added to Skate America: Paniot, Calalang/Johnson and Cesanek/Yehorov.

Remaining TBAs:

Skate Canada International: man
GP Italy: pair, dance team
NHK Trophy: man, dance team (should be K/K's 2nd?)
Internationaux de France: man, pair, dance team
Rostelecom Cup: woman, man, pair

All NHK Trophy's TBAs have been announced today

Men - Kao Miura
Women - Rino Matsuike
Ice Dance - Komatsubara/Koleto

Last edited:

Andrea82

Various host picks announced this afternoon

Skate Canada
Conrad ORZEL

Internationaux de France
Romain PONSART
Coline KERIVEN / Noel-Antoine PIERRE
Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD

Rostelecom Cup
Maiia KHROMYKH
Mark KONDRATIUK
Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA/ Egor BAZIN
Iasmina KADYROVA / Ivan BALCHENKO

In the pdf grid on ISU GP section, they crossed out Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA's name from Rostelecom.
However, I believe they wanted to cancel Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA's name instead.
In the entry page for Rostelecom, it is Tursynbaeva who is gone (as expected)

Karen-W

Also - they fixed the error on the Rostelecom Women's grid - Tursy is now crossed off and Tukt is back in, lol. Which we all knew but...

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
It is going to be interesting for the French GP if the French C19 rules remain the same.
France still has Russia on its red-list.
As we saw in the Junior GPs, this meant that no Russian skaters could compete in France.
Will the ISU move the skaters to the Russian GP?
It would be crazy if they do! :oops:
In the French GP there are 3 skaters/teams listed in 3 of the disciplines and 2 in pairs.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It is going to be interesting for the French GP if the French C19 rules remain the same.
France still has Russia on its red-list.
As we saw in the Junior GPs, this meant that no Russian skaters could compete in France.
Will the ISU move the skaters to the Russian GP?
It would be crazy if they do! :oops:
In the French GP there are 3 skaters/teams listed in 3 of the disciplines and 2 in pairs.
Without the Russian skaters the GP is of no interest to me. Russia does have vaccines. The western nations need to accept those and allow the skaters to compete.

skatingguy

decently
Without the Russian skaters the GP is of no interest to me. Russia does have vaccines. The western nations need to accept those and allow the skaters to compete.
A sporting event is not enough reason to bypass public health & safety. If the Sputnik vaccine can be approved in France under normal circumstances than great, but an exception shouldn't be made for skating.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
God bless,honey— you will miss some fabulous skating.

Big surprise that Russian isn't playing by the rules again. They do what they want because they will never truly get punished like being banned from the Olympics but still competing.
Agreed. It's extremely tiresome at this point. The IOC and ISU are in bed with Russia and adultery is a sin.

-BB

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
До свидания!

Honestly, if no Russians at a sporting event - then maybe the judging won't completely suck.
They can still suck. Are you implying that western judges are totally impartial? I know they are not, based on watching FS for three decades.

BTW since you have said bye to me, you will go to my ignore list.

kirkbiggestfan

A Russian skater told me he was tempted to get a Pfizzer "booster", but that the backlash would be huge. I want to see Russian skaters get a fair opportunity to compete, but the funding and political pressure is putting them in an impossible position. Mixing Chinese/Russian vaccines with Pfizzer/Moderna has been done safely and effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information