Skate America 2021 Returns to Las Vegas

SidelineSkater

Point of clarification...

The Orleans Hotel still has rooms available from Thurs-Sun. Not advocating for/against. Rate is $272/night plus taxes and resort fees for a two bedroom queen.

The reduce rate is what is 'sold out'.

For those on the fence, you have to consider the effort and any expenses to get to/from an alternate hotel. Shuttles may be late/have a sporadic schedule.

The current rates are more than what I'd want to pay for the Orleans, but convenience may outweigh cost for some.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I was able to change my flight to a red-eye. Today was the last day I could change without getting charged a change fee. The other flight ended up cheaper so I got a credit voucher that I used to upgrade my seats on both flights.

Still crappy of USFS to make a significant schedule change and not email people that already purchased tickets.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I guess it's a good thing that Alaska Airlines changed our flights to very late night then.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The schedule previously showed only the Exhibition on Sunday but now it shows the FD and Women’s FS also on Sunday.

Oh phooey. I decided to book a day-trip to Pittsburgh to see an important ballet matinee on Sunday, after having checked to ensure that Skate America’s competition events were over. Then this!

I suppose that I could watch Peacock replays of the skating during the next couple of days, once back home...the ballet is only live, on the weekend. Still, a bummer. Gee thanks, USFS.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Last edited:

kirkbiggestfan

My husband has tickets for the Michael Jackson Cirque Show that day. My response to him: I am sure there will be a few MJ free dances! He is pissed!

SkateSand

Cat Servant
They have sold tickets. I don't see them banning spectators.
They sold tickets to US Nationals in San Jose and returned our money when they couldn't proceed with the event as planned. Because this is in Vegas, I think they are less likely to ban spectators, but if they do, they will return the money.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They sold tickets to US Nationals in San Jose and returned our money when they couldn't proceed with the event as planned. Because this is in Vegas, I think they are less likely to ban spectators, but if they do, they will return the money.
That was at the height of the Pan... right? We are not out of it, but businesses are running like almost normal, provided masks and social distancing are accepted. Even movie theatres are open. Unless something terrible happens between now and October, I dont see SA becoming 'no spectators'.

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

They have sold tickets. I don't see them banning spectators.

EH - they can decide to refund quite easily. Although I’m still waiting to buy tickets and flight/hotel until I’m sure this will for sure happen.

I had so much fun in 2019 - especially meeting all the fellow FSUers! 😃 If I get there and they decide at the last minute no spectators, what will we be left to do? I guess eat, drink, and gamble. And find a show to see?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was never in favor of having FD and exhibitions on the same day. May be they saw that most people skip the exhibitions, and they wanted more people in attendance on the last day. As a courtesy to the spectators though they should announce the full schedule very early.

Last edited:

SidelineSkater

No, this will allow a live window on NBC on Sunday afternoon for the ladies’ free skate.
Check my time zone math here please…

If NBC broadcasts live - that would mean the last flight of ladies would be from 2-3 pm Vegas time? Usually live skating wraps up by 5 Central/6 Eastern. If that’s the case, the free dance would be earlier? 11-1?

We are thrilled to go back for SKAM and already booked Sunday night with return home Monday. The schedule did say with an *subject to change. So that’s their way of protecting themselves. It’s unfortunate causing others to redo travel.

SpeedySucks

Check my time zone math here please…

If NBC broadcasts live - that would mean the last flight of ladies would be from 2-3 pm Vegas time? Usually live skating wraps up by 5 Central/6 Eastern. If that’s the case, the free dance would be earlier? 11-1?

We are thrilled to go back for SKAM and already booked Sunday night with return home Monday. The schedule did say with an *subject to change. So that’s their way of protecting themselves. It’s unfortunate causing others to redo travel.
Yes, I assume free dance and ladies’ free will be 11am-3pm on Sunday, with the exhibition later Sunday evening. I’ve booked a 7pm flight Sunday night and am hoping I won’t have to miss any of the ladies’ free.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I was planning to book transport on Sunday morning to hike in Red Rock Canyon and then Sunday night to enjoy a fun dinner out. Hope they release times soon as maybe I can move the hike to Friday morning and just skip some practice. Looks like any fun dinners will be moved to Wednesday/Thursday night. Glad I booked to go home on Monday (it was cheaper).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information