Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It’s one Duma member bringing it up. Megan Duhamel also mentioned as being part of the discussion of the show in question...Megan mentioning Scherbakova looking sickly.

Consider the politics...how TSL recently had a persona non grata Russian journalist as a guest.

Russia may shut-up its journalists but can’t call shots in other countries...although the USA isn’t exactly innocent in that (e.g., trying to impose liberal thinking about homosexuality on Russians...or dictating “freedom for Uighurs” to China). It’s all part of the political tug of war.

The irony in all of this is that TSL has great love of Russian skating & culture (or ex-USSR skaters & coaches, like Dave’s own coach Galina Smievskaya, Victor Petrenko, et al).

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
The State Duma is going after "journalist" 😂🥴🤦‍♀️ Dave Lease for accusing the Russian girls of taking hormone blockers. I didn't realize that any idiot with a YouTube channel and a big mouth could be considered a journalist now. Just what he needs to stroke his ego more than ever 🙄

Edit - everyone from TAT to Slutskaya to Rodnina to Alexander Kogan and many, many others have now reacted to the words of the so-called "journalist" on his YouTube channel.TAT wants to write a letter to the USFS 😂 I am cringing! Frankly, I would love it if they could make Lease stfu and go away, but it won't happen and all this attention is like oxygen to a narcissist like him.
Didn't David get his degree in Journalism? He's more of an internet "Influencer" though now. How else are we to know what to think, wear, or appreciate anything "correctly" in skating if not for TSL? And he seems pretty successful with his advertisers and merch too. Like Goop. I'm trying to figure out a way to pitch to him my idea of a TSL Egg. It's made of cubic zirconia, and has magical powers when you insert it rectally. It gives you Zen during any Trusova performance, but it also serves as a storage bank of all knowledge of skating per TSL. So when you repeat that Alina was on hormone blockers leading up to Olys and someone asks where in the world did you hear that? you can just say "Oh, from TSL. I pulled it out of my ass. Literally. It comes with an attached rope so no need to worry about any expensive and embarrassing ER visits!" Only $250 too.

Frau Muller

Cherub, I’m working on deadline so can’t dig the TSL interview with the Russian journalist. It was around the start of this season...September 2020 (?). I want to say “Vaitsetkhovskaya” but am not certain. It’s someone who has covered skating & other sports since the ‘90s...who lost credentials from a major institution after incurring the wrath of the Russian skating fed. I was amazed that TSL had her on & she spoke openly about what happened. Wish I could cite the name. Would love to see/hear the episode again, if it could be located.

mjb52

I 100% agree they should just ignore it, but I see why it's hard not to have an emotional response. Impressionable people do repeat this kind of stuff elsewhere on the internet. The whole debacle over the Olympic spots shows that stuff that may seem insignificant does spread. No excuse for that one guy's comment about the American skaters though, although it doesn't seem like he's actually involved in figure skating.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Cherub, I’m working on deadline so can’t dig the TSL interview with the Russian journalist. It was around the start of this season...September 2020 (?). I want to say “Vaitsetkhovskaya” but am not certain. It’s someone who has covered skating & other sports since the ‘90s...who lost credentials from a major institution after incurring the wrath of the Russian skating fed. I was amazed that TSL had her on & she spoke openly about what happened. Wish I could cite the name. Would love to see/hear the episode again, if it could be located.

Thanks! I was able to find this from November 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmrDDyAJI98

Eeyora1

Who was that?

Err.. who is he referring to? Karen and Alexa are extremely petite and the rest of the American girls are all in very athletic shape.

Jonathan did refer to Madison Hubbell as “big” which she is in height. She compliments Zach. Not all ice dancers are petite. Anissina and Peizerat come to mind.

There was also the incident in which Doug Haw mentioned on the show if Elizaveta Tuktamysheva lost 5lbs her PCS would go up. They chose not to edit it out more in an effort to show the mentality of the sport. In unrelated news Doug Haw won’t ever be invited back on TSL.

When asked about making TSL his full-time job. Dave said no. In case people are wondering he does have a real career in P.R working for a major health insurance.

Xela M

Jonathan did refer to Madison Hubbell as “big” which she is in height. She compliments Zach. Not all ice dancers are petite. Anissina and Peizerat come to mind.

There was also the incident in which Doug Haw mentioned on the show if Elizaveta Tuktamysheva lost 5lbs her PCS would go up. They chose not to edit it out more in an effort to show the mentality of the sport. In unrelated news Doug Haw won’t ever be invited back on TSL.

When asked about making TSL his full-time job. Dave said no. In case people are wondering he does have a real career in P.R working for a major health insurance.
Madison is not petite, but neither was double-OGM Tessa.

I was going to suggest that the Russians can't claim American girls are fat when Russian ladies post-puberty have historically never been petite (bar Medvedeva)

Frau Muller

He gets really high-profile interviews though. Thought the quality of the interviews for their Worlds recaps was excellent
TSL recently had Moskvina, right before their Worlds preview with Duhamel. The belittling of Dave and TSL is beyond absurd. 😂 😆 😝

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Ice dance ladies are usually much taller than pairs ladies who are usually tiny. Chock is an exception. Typical ice dance couples are fairly close in heights.

Frau Muller

Who was that?

Err.. who is he referring to? Karen and Alexa are extremely petite and the rest of the American girls are all in very athletic shape.

The politician was referring to Hubbell &/or Cain-Gribbel, who are more statuesque than the norm (in Russian elite couples skating).

Sylvia

TBD

Xela M

The politician was referring to Hubbell &/or Cain-Gribbel, who are more statuesque than the norm (in Russian elite couples skating).
Hubbell doesn't have to land any jumps though. I thought he was specifically talking about the ladies and Anna's American competitors?

Xela M

Thanks! I was able to find this from November 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmrDDyAJI98
What a cracker of an interview! I'm only 30 minutes in and I'm absolutely hooked. She speaks so candidly about her own career as an Olympic Champion in her own right and then about Elena Mukhina (the girl with those sad sad eyes) - to me still the most tragic sports story of all time. Dave's strength is when he lets his interviewees speak and just tell their stories. Highly recommend this interview

Xela M

Finished the interview with Vaytsekhovskaya. What an amazing lady. She talks about everything- her own career, Russian/Soviet sport in general, skating, 1994 Olympics, 1998 Olympics, Eteri/Lipnitskaya/Medvedeva, Tamara Moskvina, Tarasova etc.
(and a bit about politics in sport/journalism).

Dave even told her about the brilliant translations of her articles on FSU 😃 She said she would love to put them on her website

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Guy is off his rocker. ElTuk has a roundish face, that's all. Her weight is fine.

Japanfan

She's also got an athletic build. I think it looks great on her - she rocks it on the ice.

I am not sure about that. I hope it's not true. Women need strength to land jumps, especially the 3A.

I remember that Sasha Cohen was very concerned about her weight and used to go on strict diets. One time, she came off the ice after making a mistake in the program, and was overhead telling Frank that it must have been the two pounds she had failed to lose.

I wonder if actually Sasha might have not made her typical one mistake (or more) in a program if she had been a bit heavier and stronger. Being petite and lean might have helped her picture-perfect poses, but I'm not it helped her jumps.

anonymoose_au

Tuk was heavy back in 2012-2018 , not fat but heavy looking not just her face but whole body, just watch her videos in youtube from those years.
Cripes for real? If Liza was heavy then I hate to think what you'd say about me!

All these skaters are tiny and whoever said it had no right. And its the reason I'll never watch TSL, I don't care who shows up on it.

trouble77

Banned Member
All skaters are tiny, so when they put on 5 kg they automatically look heavy. As a spectator, I noticed that Zagitova "looks" heavy compared to the other girls. Medvedeva still looks as tiny as when she won her Olympic silver medal, while Zagitova keeps on piling up grams. Since I wish to see Zagitova competing again, I can't but realize that she looks heavy.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Zagitova NOW, is indeed heavy and out of shape, I dont see her comping back she can barely rotate triples
Medvedeva is just built slim and petite, she can return post 2022, Imo would be right time for a comeback as not making the Olympics would not be stingy and reputation damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information