2021 US Nationals Free Dance: The Minor Fall, the Major Lift, Bedazzled Snake Confronting "Hallelujah"

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I always watch through my fingers when they go for the twizzles. :yikes:
Don't we say the same for at least one of the partners in all the teams ranked ahead of them in the US? And several other top teams in the world?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
What are the rules that they aren’t following to get credit? Is the caller just harsh or is it something that would get called anywhere?
I was talking about the choreo and the expressions. I didn’t notice they didn’t get credit.

In terms of not getting credit, you have to start and end within 10 meters of the boards. If you’re short, zero points. Also, disasters like falls are zero points as the GOE negates the base value. In terms of Pate and Bye, I thought his fall, subsequent stumble, and their lack of unison warranted -5. The judges were way nicer than me. Hahaha.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Oops on Michael's twizzles but the rest of the program was great! And luckily for them, they weren't really competing with anyone for 4th here, so that won't really cost them.

I was just watching these two and thinking how much they lucked out both needing partners at the same time and this partnership being an elevation for both of them. There have been so many great dancers whose careers just ended because the right partner was never available and lightning just kinda struck here. I hope they don't stick with Wheaton choreography forever, though.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
The US ice dance can be sure they have a good couple that will take the spot after 2022 with them, once Michael masters the twizzles they will be in full force internationally. Looking at the near future many top couples will retire so they can fill the spot and make the podium very soon

VGThuy

I remain somewhat unsettled by how much Wheaton's choreographers seem to not take any note at all of the fact that Caroline is still underage when deciding on choreography choices.

All that said, these two have got exceptional skills.
It feels like old school ice dance, doesn’t it?

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
should be purple, maybe? or raspberry?

Well, it shouldn't look like this at all. The color wasn't my problem with it so much as the neck line and the cut on the back and the middle cut out and the fringe on the really high slit.

That's okay. We have the greatest dress of all time now.

Have they actually made his shirt worse? He didn't have black patterns on it before, did he? He should just steal Lysacek's 2010 LP costume. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information