Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbelto

ballettmaus

William and Kate are taking a train tour of England.

It's times like these when I kind of miss aftershocks. I wonder what kind of essay she'd write.
I love train travel, so it sounds like fun to me. :)

morqet

rising like a phoenix
I don't think this tour is a great idea at the moment. First stop was in Scotland, going to Level 3 and 4 areas, where people are being asked to stay within their local authority boundaries and keep local travel to a minimum. We're not supposed to be travelling between England & Scotland unless it's essential, e.g. caring responsibilities, or work if it absolutely cannot be done remotely. There is nothing essential about doing this trip now, it just risks undermining public health messaging.

Lorac

Uh so apparently Scotland didn't love the train tour. It broke the lockdown rules.

They wouldn't have been there without the invitation of the devolved government of Scotland so would have been deemed an essential trip so didn't break the rules. Those who didn't agree need to aim their anger at the Scotish government not William and Kate. And those complaining are probably anti royalists anyways. From the reports I've seen most people are OK with the trip.

Last edited:

morqet

rising like a phoenix
They wouldn't have been there without the invitation of the devolved government of Scotland so would have been deemed an essential trip so didn't break the rules. Those who didn't agree need to aim their anger at the Scotish government not William and Kate. And those complaining are probably anti royalists anyways. From the reports I've seen most people are OK with the trip.

Nicola Sturgeon basically said as diplomatically as possible that she reminded Kensington Palace that Scotland is under lockdown conditions. She can't ban them from coming without causing a constitutional crisis.

MsZem

I see the sea
The effect of a royal visit on the lockdown is minimal, and it's something to give people a bit of positivity in a difficult time. I'd say the benefit outweighs any drawbacks.

Prince Christian has tested positive for CoV19:

In other royal news, will Princess Mako ever get married to her fiancé?

MLIS

Mike Tindall announced on his podcast that his wife Zara, Princess Anne's daughter and the Queen's granddaughter, is pregnant with their third child (they have two daughters). Another great-grandbaby for the Queen and Prince Philip in 2021! Yay babies!

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
William and Kate are taking a train tour of England.

It's times like these when I kind of miss aftershocks. I wonder what kind of essay she'd write.

A long one.

And point out the Meghan had already had a trip on the Royal Train while this is Kate's first trip on the train.

I think this tour is a great idea and I loved travelling around the UK by train.
Nahhhh... Aftershocks wouldn't have written an essay about William and Kate's train tour. She'd have written an essay about how Meghan's train tour was better because Meghan can do no wrong.

MsZem

I see the sea
You know, it's really nice to not have aftershocks writing these posts, I don't feel the need to write them for her.

Let's enjoy Estelle and Oscar instead (plus their parents). Smiling* Oscar alert!!!

* briefly.

antmanb

As someone who has been a very vocal critic of the government ignoring their own lockdown rules when it suits them, and Dominic Cummings basically getting away with totally breaking the rules it seems incredibly short sighted to send the Royals out on this tour. It's once again making a decision based on how London is doing and totally ignoring what is going on everywhere else in the country. Rather than seeing the royals out and about i'm sure most people would rather see their friends and family, something most of the country isn't even allowed to do outside in Tier 3.

Winnipeg

IMHO, bad taste to not follow rules the public is being asked to do. Never a fan of the "Do what I say not what I do."

Having said that, I don't think they were trying to flaunt this rather they probably thought they were doing the right thing. Their PR folks should be more insightful,

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
IMHO, bad taste to not follow rules the public is being asked to do. Never a fan of the "Do what I say not what I do."

Having said that, I don't think they were trying to flaunt this rather they probably thought they were doing the right thing. Their PR folks should be more insightful,
That was my first thought also. I assume that their minders made sure there was always 6 feet between them and others. Having said that I think it was a surprisingly roomie move for the Cambridge s

ballettmaus

Let's enjoy Estelle and Oscar instead (plus their parents). Smiling* Oscar alert!!!

* briefly.
I was going to say Oscar is smiling is becoming such a regular occurence that if he keeps it up, it won't be worth mentioning anymore. Then I saw the asterisk and the photos :D I bet he'd rather be playing than sit still for a silly photo. But at least, he got to blow out the match. :)

Why is Victoria wearing a short-sleeved dress at the end of November? And I so would have wanted Estelle's dress as a little girl!

C-P and Sofia are having another baby:
I hope Sofia recovers well from YKW and all goes well with the baby, too!

Reactions: JJH

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
In the words of Anne LaMott, "If people [in our case Charles and Camilla] wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.”
So true. People never forget! Unfortunately it’s all in the past and despite getting married to each other, there will always be Diana widows who still stands by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information